WEEKEND TICKETS GOING FAST!

PRICES GO UP AT THE GATE

PURCHASE TICKET
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
Post Reply North Korea Tells Citizens to Prepare Themselves for Famine
Posted 3/31/16
Supreme leader eats for everyone
44331 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
The States
Offline
Posted 4/1/16 , edited 4/1/16
Wolf, you live in Canada, which has an awesome government, so it's understandable that you think that if left alone the North Korean government would evolve to the point that it would just act in the self interest of its own people. Hell, it might even happen eventually.

However, it's really really laughable that you think that North Korea might ever evolve to the point it could challenge a major western power. Why do you think they want nukes? It's because they're the cheapest way to symbolically level the playing field while retaining absolute power. Weak states pursue nukes. Strong states pursue information technology and biotech.

If the Kim dynasty wanted to improve the lives of North Koreans, they would invest in biotechnology, infrastructure, modern computing, and energy technology. Nobody would try to stop them.

Why are they clinging to last century's breakaway technology despite the fact that all the real world powers have basically abandoned it?

Why is even CHINA saying, "lay off the damn nukes" to North Korea?

It's because the Kim dynasty is full of stupid manchildren who just happen to be in power.
48498 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / ar away
Offline
Posted 4/1/16
I thought Fanime was held in San Jose.
19789 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / missouri
Offline
Posted 4/1/16 , edited 4/1/16
It's sad that China is responsible for allowing such a thing to happen. If they had just kept there nose out of our proxy war with Russia none of this would be happening.

If only the world spent less money on war and more on anime.
10808 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / F / in my office
Offline
Posted 4/1/16


And pray tell what do you mean by that. That the entire world must bow before the American way of doing things. That only America is in the right. Considering the very fact you lot trained and initially equipped the terrorists we are fighting right now I doubt the American way of doing things is anywhere close to the right way to do things.
woah woah woah, hold up a sec. i dont think that way at all. bow before the american way of doing things? not what i was trying to imply.
its not that people should bow before how america does things, they dont even have to agree with it. i dont think china necessarily agrees with it and russia probably doesnt and plenty of other countries but we still have trade with them . but what i had said was they have no respect for the way we do things. having a mutaul respect is kinda important if we are going to have trade with another country. your not going to go and buy a car from someone who you heard talking shit about you the other day at least i hope you wouldnt. why? well because that would be just idiotic right? because if that guy has no respect for you why would he tell you the truth about what he is selling you. North Korean leaders can hate on americans i dont even care but i think we would be really stupid to want to trade with them if they think so little of us. its just common sense




10808 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / F / in my office
Offline
Posted 4/1/16

Ranwolf wrote:


namealreadytaken wrote:

people in NK were being fed with worms, and insects just fine.


First off there is no actual proof that before the trade embargoes were imposed that North Koreans were suffering from a famine level economy. And secondly you still haven't answered my question. Why should any nation be pressured to bow before American backed UN demands when those demands are to remain weak enough to have to bow before American military might?

Is it against international law to be as powerful as the Americans these days? If so why was not the Soviet Union or China these days receiving the same level of American lead international pressure?


Firstly i dont belive that it was just the U.S. that imposed sanctions on NC. It was something done by the UN if im not mistaken.
and also it is the duty of the united nations to insure the safety of the rest of the world. North Korea doesnt seem very credible when it comes to owning weapons that could kill a couple hundred thousand people at once. especially not when they have already threatened to hit new york with them. a ruler that threatens to kill a city with nukes because shit isnt going his way isnt responsible enough to be trusted with that. therefore, for the sake of the rest of the world i see nothing wrong with the un telling NC to stop producing them.

Also why do you think there is no proof that the citizens of North Korea were starving or eating worms and roots? I can give you a clue. there is no proof the they weren't. why do you think that is? its because North Korea doesnt let anyone in to see the condition of their people. if there were nothing wrong do you think they would be so secretive. Man the way you stand up for oppression of the north korean people is kinda twisted to be honest. I dont agree with telling someone else how to live but think about all the lives that are being crushed under the thumb of one man. i think that if he chose to be in the position of leadership he should answer to the rest of the world about the way he is running these peoples lives. saying that we should just let him do his thing and who cares about all the people of north korea is just a disrespect for life.

6315 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Earth
Offline
Posted 4/1/16

JustineKo2 wrote:

I thought Fanime was held in San Jose.


O-Oh.

Well.

I can't un-see that now.

Bravo.

5055 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 4/1/16
socialism sure does produce plenty for everyone, vote Bernie2016
5055 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 4/1/16

DarksirenxX wrote:



And pray tell what do you mean by that. That the entire world must bow before the American way of doing things. That only America is in the right. Considering the very fact you lot trained and initially equipped the terrorists we are fighting right now I doubt the American way of doing things is anywhere close to the right way to do things.
woah woah woah, hold up a sec. i dont think that way at all. bow before the american way of doing things? not what i was trying to imply.
its not that people should bow before how america does things, they dont even have to agree with it. i dont think china necessarily agrees with it and russia probably doesnt and plenty of other countries but we still have trade with them . but what i had said was they have no respect for the way we do things. having a mutaul respect is kinda important if we are going to have trade with another country. your not going to go and buy a car from someone who you heard talking shit about you the other day at least i hope you wouldnt. why? well because that would be just idiotic right? because if that guy has no respect for you why would he tell you the truth about what he is selling you. North Korean leaders can hate on americans i dont even care but i think we would be really stupid to want to trade with them if they think so little of us. its just common sense






lol. I don't envy the mental hell you live in. It seems hypocritical to you that the rest of the world wants to stop arguably the most evil dictator currently alive from developing weapons that could end civilization? I need 9 extra sets of hands to execute the required level of face-palm. I imagine you would have sided with the Nazis to oppose the evil American empire had you been born slightly sooner too.
5055 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 4/1/16
" Considering the very fact you lot trained and initially equipped the terrorists we are fighting right now I doubt the American way of doing things is anywhere close to the right way to do things."

So human beings cannot make mistakes? If you child spills his milk do you burn him alive? Trying to say that if one thing is wrong, the entire thing you associate with it MUST be wrong is so fallacious it's difficult to argue with. It's like trying to explain to a child that monsters don't live in the toilet.
19671 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / B.C, Canada
Offline
Posted 4/1/16 , edited 4/1/16

DarksirenxX wrote:



Firstly i dont belive that it was just the U.S. that imposed sanctions on NC. It was something done by the UN if im not mistaken.
and also it is the duty of the united nations to insure the safety of the rest of the world. North Korea doesnt seem very credible when it comes to owning weapons that could kill a couple hundred thousand people at once. especially not when they have already threatened to hit new york with them. a ruler that threatens to kill a city with nukes because shit isnt going his way isnt responsible enough to be trusted with that. therefore, for the sake of the rest of the world i see nothing wrong with the un telling NC to stop producing them.

Also why do you think there is no proof that the citizens of North Korea were starving or eating worms and roots? I can give you a clue. there is no proof the they weren't. why do you think that is? its because North Korea doesnt let anyone in to see the condition of their people. if there were nothing wrong do you think they would be so secretive. Man the way you stand up for oppression of the north korean people is kinda twisted to be honest. I dont agree with telling someone else how to live but think about all the lives that are being crushed under the thumb of one man. i think that if he chose to be in the position of leadership he should answer to the rest of the world about the way he is running these peoples lives. saying that we should just let him do his thing and who cares about all the people of north korea is just a disrespect for life.



Mate an UN sanction is only as good as America's willingness to enforce through either it's military or economic might. Sometimes both, as no UN resolution really has any teeth without American backing. And secondly none of you, not a single one of you has put forth any proof prior to 1950 when the first sanctions were imposed that North Korea was half as bad as you put it. Any proof after 1950 is moot as desperate people tend to do stupid things.



RazielofEnoch wrote:

lol. I don't envy the mental hell you live in. It seems hypocritical to you that the rest of the world wants to stop arguably the most evil dictator currently alive from developing weapons that could end civilization? I need 9 extra sets of hands to execute the required level of face-palm. I imagine you would have sided with the Nazis to oppose the evil American empire had you been born slightly sooner too.



Let me put it this way America is the only country in the entirety of recorded history to have ever used nuclear weapons in anger, the only one. And they currently possess the largest arsenal of nuclear weaponry in the world . And we don't question it, we accept as merely the status quo. Why does America get a free pass to the development of nuclear power when it has a history of actually using it in warfare?


RazielofEnoch wrote:

" Considering the very fact you lot trained and initially equipped the terrorists we are fighting right now I doubt the American way of doing things is anywhere close to the right way to do things."

So human beings cannot make mistakes? If you child spills his milk do you burn him alive? Trying to say that if one thing is wrong, the entire thing you associate with it MUST be wrong is so fallacious it's difficult to argue with. It's like trying to explain to a child that monsters don't live in the toilet.


There is forgetting do the laundry mate and then there is causing a series of events that lead to war that's lasted what 18 years and counting. That's longer then both world wars put together. America is far too short sighted to be the ones in charge of the world.

30098 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 4/1/16
Posted 4/1/16
I'm sorry but I can't trust any thread made on April Fools day
29206 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 4/1/16

Ranwolf wrote:

You know to be fair a lot of their current economic trouble does stem from trade embargoes we of the west imposed on them . If any nation these days had even half that kinda of crap imposed on them they'd be suffering the same issues. That includes you Americans you know, no nation these days is a island so to speak. No nation is capable of supporting itself.


You know, to be fair, what you just said is absolute BS. The US is capable of producing quite a bit more food and other necessities than it needs to feed its people. If completely embargoed, the US would suffer primarily from a lack of luxury goods, and (eventually) a shortage of heavy machinery.

North Korea's problem is that they have not only provoked embargoes against themselves by refusing to submit to international law, they have also mismanaged their economy terribly, using their limited heavy industry to buy ever more weaponry to waggle at the international community, while completely neglecting to pay for infrastructure or, you know, *farm equipment*.

Saying that the west "caused" their famines is morale equivalency on the order of claiming that the empire of Japan was "forced" to invade the entire west Pacific because the "evil Americans" embargoed their oil supplies.

....which the US only did because the Japanese had broken international law, invaded China, and were committing mass atrocities targeting Chinese civilians. Yes, yes, it was so terrible of the US to embargo them

*epic eyeroll*
29206 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 4/1/16

Ranwolf wrote:


namealreadytaken wrote:

"supposed development"
if we ignore the several launches by the North despite being pressured not to pursue nuclear weaponry and instead feed their citizens...ok.


And why pray tell should a sovereign nation state be pressured to do anything? North Korea was feeding it's citizens just fine before the trade embargoes were imposed despite their spending on nuclear weaponry. Just like the United States is feeding it's citizens just fine despite like what 51% of it's national budget on not only nuclear weaponry but conventional arms and equipment as well.

What gives the US the right to use it's influence and power to dictate the affairs of other nations?


Wow... now I'm sorry I took the time to bother replying to your original post; you are frankly so far out of touch with reality it's not even worth my time.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.