First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
Post Reply North Korea Tells Citizens to Prepare Themselves for Famine
7097 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Earth
Offline
Posted 4/2/16
They should roast their leader and eat him. He could easily feed a small village.
Banned
17503 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / B.C, Canada
Offline
Posted 4/2/16

outontheop wrote:


Ranwolf wrote:


And why pray tell do you assume the average North Korean citizen is overtly hostile to the world at large. I mean if even a thousandth of the stuff the average defector says is true the current state of affairs in North Korea are not exactly hatred of the world. Rather the reverse, I mean these defectors are literally willing to risk life and limb for a chance , a mere chance at a better life. This after likely dodging the military fubar that is the NK and SK border.

And besides too much of the hype surrounding North Korea sounds like the hype that surrounded the Soviet Union and we all know that turned out to mainly bullshit and half truths. And I don't particularly hate America, I just wished you lot would either shut up and stop making noise for no reason or actually do something about half the stuff that seems to bug you as a nation . You don't get to preach from a pulpit to your congregation and not lead by example.

The situation in North Korea is either bad enough to warrant whatever costs it would take to right it or it's just so much American propaganda. There is no other choice really.


Also, since you seem convinced the US doesn't want to help anyone: https://www.globalpolicy.org/un-finance/tables-and-charts-on-un-finance/the-financing-of-the-un-programmes-funds-and-specialized-agencies.html

By all means, check the top contributors lists. A particular favorite of mine: over 40% of the entire world contribution to the UNHCR. And they say we aren't doing our part helping Syrian refugees

Now, go fuck yourself.


Yes yes very generous of you, your national leader writes a cheque once year and then forgets what the real purpose of the UN was.
24563 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 4/2/16 , edited 4/2/16

Ranwolf wrote:

And pray tell what does the concept of two opposites existing together or my understanding of subtly have to do with the matter at hand? I mean if you have no retort just say so, there's no need to act like some smug self satisfied prick you know.


Wait.... do.... do you actually understand what comprises a false dichotomy?

It means that you have taken a complex situation with many contributing factors, many possible solutions, and an entire range of outcomes along an entire spectrum of desirability, and reduced it- falsely- to a choice between the ultimate good and ultimate bad, without taking any consideration of the implied tasks and costs of each.

It is a debate tactic used by the intellectually dishonest, lazy, or stupid. Either up your game, or accept that I'll call you out when you say something that dumb.

Here's some help: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/False_dilemma
24563 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 4/2/16

redokami wrote:


outontheop wrote:


redokami wrote:

by NC do you mean north Carolina?


I would assume he/she is from a nation that spells it differently.

Korea is, in English, named after the Goryo dynasty... and can be found spelled with a G, C, or K.


I was teasing


I know, but that doesn't mean that everyone else here understands that they may have been spelling it correctly (or why it's even called Korea!)
Banned
17503 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / B.C, Canada
Offline
Posted 4/2/16 , edited 4/2/16

outontheop wrote:


Ranwolf wrote:

And pray tell what does the concept of two opposites existing together or my understanding of subtly have to do with the matter at hand? I mean if you have no retort just say so, there's no need to act like some smug self satisfied prick you know.


Wait.... do.... do you actually understand what comprises a false dichotomy?

It means that you have taken a complex situation with many contributing factors, many possible solutions, and an entire range of outcomes along an entire spectrum of desirability, and reduced it- falsely- to a choice between the ultimate good and ultimate bad, without taking any consideration of the implied tasks and costs of each.

It is a debate tactic used by the intellectually dishonest, lazy, or stupid. Either up your game, or accept that I'll call you out when you say something that dumb.

Here's some help: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/False_dilemma


Mate those other choices,factors, solutions etc have been done to death, A literal university research paper could likely be devoted to them if we go all the way back to 1950. But they all have one thing in common, they either were tired and failed or where deemed unfeasible and discarded. There is no point in rehashing failed ideas , to do so is the hallmark of people who spend too much time in ivory towers and not enough time where the metal meets the meat.

I mean if you want to do that argue with that oversized ego of yours mate . North Korea is very simple at this point, they are a nuclear power that may or may not be the worse thing to ever grace the planet. Problem is there is no real data to say one way or another then some testimonies by defectors who have a vested interest in painting the North Korean Government in as bad a light as possible. Then we have some credible news reports that despite being somewhat credible lack enough detail to paint a cohesive whole.

Either way though it's enough to act on and simply forcibly make North Korea a well behaved member of the world or we should just shut up and go about our daily lives.
7097 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Earth
Offline
Posted 4/2/16
You guys realize this is crunchyroll right?
5096 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M
Offline
Posted 4/2/16
Still is Best Korea. Death to Imperialist American pigs and their puppets
Now if you excuse I have to starve for the "Glory" of The Great Leader
10808 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F / in my office
Offline
Posted 4/2/16

[

And I don't particularly hate America, I just wished you lot would either shut up and stop making noise for no reason or actually do something about half the stuff that seems to bug you as a nation . You don't get to preach from a pulpit to your congregation and not lead by example.

The situation in North Korea is either bad enough to warrant whatever costs it would take to right it or it's just so much American propaganda. There is no other choice really.



Republic of Korea–United States relations (Korean: 한미관계 Romaja: Hanmi gwangye) have been extensive since 1950, when the United States helped establish the modern state of South Korea and fought on its UN-sponsored side in the Korean War (1950–1953). During the subsequent four decades, South Korea experienced tremendous economic, political and military growth, and significantly reduced U.S. dependency. From Roh Tae-woo's administration to Roh Moo-hyun's administration, South Korea sought to establish an American partnership, which has made the Seoul–Washington relationship subject to some strains, especially with the Anti-US/Korean sentiments. However, relations between the United States and South Korea have greatly strengthened under the conservative, pro-U.S. Lee Myung-bak administration. At the 2009 G-20 London Summit, U.S. President Barack Obama called South Korea "one of America's closest allies and greatest friends."[1] In addition, South Korea has been designated as a Major non-NATO ally.[2]


Just wondering, How much has Canada done to help the people of North Korea? Its not as though the U.S doesn't care about Korea and its pretty obvious where the hatred stems from with the NK dictator.
10808 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F / in my office
Offline
Posted 4/2/16

Ranwolf wrote:


outontheop wrote:


Ranwolf wrote:

And pray tell what does the concept of two opposites existing together or my understanding of subtly have to do with the matter at hand? I mean if you have no retort just say so, there's no need to act like some smug self satisfied prick you know.


Wait.... do.... do you actually understand what comprises a false dichotomy?

It means that you have taken a complex situation with many contributing factors, many possible solutions, and an entire range of outcomes along an entire spectrum of desirability, and reduced it- falsely- to a choice between the ultimate good and ultimate bad, without taking any consideration of the implied tasks and costs of each.

It is a debate tactic used by the intellectually dishonest, lazy, or stupid. Either up your game, or accept that I'll call you out when you say something that dumb.

Here's some help: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/False_dilemma


Mate those other choices,factors, solutions etc have been done to death, A literal university research paper could likely be devoted to them if we go all the way back to 1950. But they all have one thing in common, they either were tired and failed or where deemed unfeasible and discarded. There is no point in rehashing failed ideas , to do so is the hallmark of people who spend too much time in ivory towers and not enough time where the metal meets the meat.

I mean if you want to do that argue with that oversized ego of yours mate . North Korea is very simple at this point, they are a nuclear power that may or may not be the worse thing to ever grace the planet. Problem is there is no real data to say one way or another then some testimonies by defectors who have a vested interest in painting the North Korean Government in as bad a light as possible. Then we have some credible news reports that despite being somewhat credible lack enough detail to paint a cohesive whole.

Either way though it's enough to act on and simply forcibly make North Korea a well behaved member of the world or we should just shut up and go about our daily lives.


Dude has anyone ever told you how much you resemble a sheep?
Banned
17503 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / B.C, Canada
Offline
Posted 4/2/16

DarksirenxX wrote:

[

Just wondering, How much has Canada done to help the people of North Korea? Its not as though the U.S doesn't care about Korea and its pretty obvious where the hatred stems from with the NK dictator.


I think the Battle of Kapyong proved Canada is more then willing to lay down it's life for the well being of North Korea .
Banned
17503 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / B.C, Canada
Offline
Posted 4/2/16 , edited 4/2/16

DarksirenxX wrote:


Dude has anyone ever told you how much you resemble a sheep?

Really me a sheep and how many years have you served your country . Zero I bet you self satisfied smug prick who's seen nothing and should just shut the hell up.
10808 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F / in my office
Offline
Posted 4/2/16

Ranwolf wrote:


DarksirenxX wrote:

[

Just wondering, How much has Canada done to help the people of North Korea? Its not as though the U.S doesn't care about Korea and its pretty obvious where the hatred stems from with the NK dictator.


I think the Battle of Kapyong proved Canada is more then willing to lay down it's life for the well being of North Korea .


i do believe the same thing could be said for the united states in the battle of Kapyong. So if that is the only thing you dont really have a leg to stand on. ..........maybe you actually have four legs to stand on......jk jk
10637 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Rabbit Horse
Online
Posted 4/2/16
now we're going ad-hominen. well, that's not entirely unexpected as well as appeal to "authority" (even if we're to assume you joined the military, it still doesn't help your point. it does make you look like a holier-than-thou type of person though)
Banned
17503 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / B.C, Canada
Offline
Posted 4/2/16

DarksirenxX wrote:


Ranwolf wrote:


DarksirenxX wrote:

[

Just wondering, How much has Canada done to help the people of North Korea? Its not as though the U.S doesn't care about Korea and its pretty obvious where the hatred stems from with the NK dictator.


I think the Battle of Kapyong proved Canada is more then willing to lay down it's life for the well being of North Korea .


i do believe the same thing could be said for the united states in the battle of Kapyong. So if that is the only thing you dont really have a leg to stand on. ..........maybe you actually have four legs to stand on......jk jk

What that you Yanks ran as fast as your legs could carry you and left all the fighting to us Canadians and the Australians?
10808 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F / in my office
Offline
Posted 4/2/16

Ranwolf wrote:


DarksirenxX wrote:


Dude has anyone ever told you how much you resemble a sheep?

Really me a sheep and how many years have you served your country . Zero I bet you self satisfied smug prick who's seen nothing and should just shut the hell up.


hmmm i cant really disagree with you there but how does serving my country have anything to do with you resembling a sheep? You downplay the situation in North Korea so much its baaughable. And then say that there is no point trying anything because it all been tried before and therefore we should just give up and look the other way as they suffer. case and point you smell of sheep.

First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.