First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
Post Reply Kiznaiver Discussion
8733 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / MI
Offline
Posted 4/16/16

domvina wrote:

I'm very interested to see where Trigger goes with this concept. I see them laying down the groundwork to potentially go pretty deep into some ideas about true friendship, ideal societies, and the way our fears mold who we are. It's all going to boil down to the execution as to whether it flies or flops but given Trigger's track record I'm going to lay my money on fly.

For this episode I love how they blew up all the tropes we thought these characters fell into.


Considering Mari Okada (Anohana, NagiAsu) wrote the script, you can be sure it will focus heavily on those things. We are just getting some Trigger flair to go with it.

This will likely end up less like Kill la Kill and more like Kokoro Connect.
48236 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M
Offline
Posted 4/16/16

stark700 wrote:

Feels like a very Trigger-ish show at this point.

I hope they cut down the comedy a bit. The Kiznaiver system is supposed to be the prominent aspect of the show but it feels like a game or something being played. At least the show is giving some moments for all the main characters. Yuta was priceless this episode.



Agreed. Didn't really like the "game" aspect. It felt like the writer didn't know how to properly introduce an extreme situation to develop the characters, so instead we get this. Feels like a cop-out, but it works .. I guess.
63526 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Colorado
Offline
Posted 4/17/16
Episode 2

Ha, we got to deconstruct those stereotypes this episode didn't we?

I really liked this episode, I'm glad they got this type of stuff out of the way in one episode especially the confession (I wonder where that will go). It was very assuming how it all unfolded and this will probably bring the characters together further.

I honestly don't know where this show will go, it's all up in the air and I kind of like that. I can't pin point a direction at all so I'm excited to see what will happen. I can already feel Okada in this and I liked learning more about the characters this episode, all of them seem decent so far.
17170 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
53 / M
Offline
Posted 4/17/16
It's like Kill la Kill had a kid with Gatchaman Crowds and was sent to Breakfast Club.
25020 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Northern Ireland
Offline
Posted 4/17/16 , edited 4/17/16

ThisWasATriumph wrote:
Considering Mari Okada (Anohana, NagiAsu) wrote the script, you can be sure it will focus heavily on those things. We are just getting some Trigger flair to go with it.

This will likely end up less like Kill la Kill and more like Kokoro Connect.


Sometime I don't understand this woman. She scripts for stuff like AnoHana, Nagi no Asukura and Selector Infected WIXOSS on one end of the sacle to Kodomo no Jikan, Hamatarou and even writes for Aria on the other.

Despite her reputation for dramatising the living hell outa everything she can and has done comedy and fluff.
One Punch Mod
85879 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Boston-ish
Offline
Posted 4/17/16
Nothing like heaping doses of mental and physical torture to fix alienated youngsters!


(Um, I think I can do without this. Or at least wait until I hear later that this all did contribute meaningfully to some more tolerable message.)
1335 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 4/17/16

ThisWasATriumph wrote:


domvina wrote:

I'm very interested to see where Trigger goes with this concept. I see them laying down the groundwork to potentially go pretty deep into some ideas about true friendship, ideal societies, and the way our fears mold who we are. It's all going to boil down to the execution as to whether it flies or flops but given Trigger's track record I'm going to lay my money on fly.

For this episode I love how they blew up all the tropes we thought these characters fell into.


Considering Mari Okada (Anohana, NagiAsu) wrote the script, you can be sure it will focus heavily on those things. We are just getting some Trigger flair to go with it.

This will likely end up less like Kill la Kill and more like Kokoro Connect.


lol KC was a trip. Yes, there are some definite remnants of that show in this one. They were like, hey lets do Kokoro Connect, but it needs to be more like... the Saw series! lmao
6325 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / Hakoniwa Academy
Offline
Posted 4/17/16 , edited 4/18/16
I was trying to look up the OP on YouTube, but instead came across this, and I'm kinda glad i did, haha. https://youtu.be/tFkcZKDiQK8
13031 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M / El Mirage, AZ
Offline
Posted 4/18/16
ok that second episode totally made up for the confusing first one.
248 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F
Offline
Posted 4/21/16

Player_Zer0 wrote:

I was trying to look up the OP on YouTube, but instead came across this, and I'm kinda glad i did, haha. https://youtu.be/tFkcZKDiQK8


I AM SO GLAD I WASN'T THE ONLY ONE WHO THOUGHT THIS. Honestly hearing the OP for the first time I was singing Take on Me along with the OP.
63526 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Colorado
Offline
Posted 4/21/16

bronzefoot wrote:

It's like Kill la Kill had a kid with Gatchaman Crowds and was sent to Breakfast Club.


Now this is quite the comparison, well done.


Player_Zer0 wrote:

I was trying to look up the OP on YouTube, but instead came across this, and I'm kinda glad i did, haha. https://youtu.be/tFkcZKDiQK8


HA! This is fucking hilarious. It surprisingly fits really well too.
490 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M
Offline
Posted 4/21/16

ItaHime wrote:


Player_Zer0 wrote:

I was trying to look up the OP on YouTube, but instead came across this, and I'm kinda glad i did, haha. https://youtu.be/tFkcZKDiQK8


I AM SO GLAD I WASN'T THE ONLY ONE WHO THOUGHT THIS. Honestly hearing the OP for the first time I was singing Take on Me along with the OP.


Lmao happened to me too. Kiznaiver and kabaneri's opening songs get taken down almost right away on YouTube which sucks as they are both very good
15750 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
37 / M / Virginia USA
Online
Posted 4/22/16
Surprised I am liking this one to be honest.

I actually didn't care for Kill La Kill. Don't really care for Studio Trigger to be honest, but something about this show is just clicking with me.

We're only a couple of episodes in, however, so I am trying to temper my expectations.
JuJu26 
27552 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / U.S.A.
Offline
Posted 4/22/16
Here are my first impressions if anyone is interested! :)

http://yattatachi.com/kiznaiver-first-impressions-ep-1
64884 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M / Seattle
Online
Posted 4/23/16
Episode 3

So Maki was just kidding when she said she killed somebody. The next and final mission is to survive the summer, but that won't be easy seeing that it only takes one person being a bonehead to hurt everybody, like Tenga trying to jump balconies and falling. As it turns out, there's one more Kiznaiver out there, and he's the one triggering the shocks. So to look for him, Nico's idea is to trigger small shocks to see who reacts and based on process of elimination, it's Yoshiharu Hisomu. So after chasing him around and inflicting pain on each other to flush him out, Katsuhira jumps and suffers a slight concussion, something that not everybody feels. That was pretty funny seeing those kids feeling pain so that Hisomu would feel it as well. In the meantime, Noriko is up to something.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.