First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
Post Reply at this point, i'm honestly not sure why i have a CR subscription.
28433 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M
Offline
Posted 4/2/16 , edited 4/2/16
there's damn near no point, when barely any of the current season is available in Australia, and most of those i don't want to watch.

i can't remember the last time a series i actually wanted to watch was available on CR.

[Sorry, due to licensing limitations, the rest of this post is unavailable in your region.]
13139 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Offline
Posted 4/2/16 , edited 4/2/16
...then cancel. Problem solved.
One Punch Mod
85903 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Boston-ish
Offline
Posted 4/2/16

vortex594 wrote:

there's damn near no point, when barely any of the current season is available in Australia, and most of those i don't want to watch.

i can't remember the last time a series i actually wanted to watch was available on CR.

[Sorry, due to licensing limitations, the rest of this post is unavailable in your region.]


I've moved this feedback to the Suggestions / Feedback forum.

Have you tried AnimeLab? (https://www.animelab.com/home) They specifically serve Australia and New Zealand and seem to carry a lot of popular recent titles, and do some simulcasts as well I believe.
The Wise Wizard
100935 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
56 / M / U.S.A. (mid-south)
Offline
Posted 4/2/16

vortex594 wrote:

there's damn near no point, when barely any of the current season is available in Australia, and most of those i don't want to watch.

Seems odd, considering the number of announcements that have been "Worldwide outside of Asia".

I count 20 of the announced simulcasts (out of 22) for spring that should be available to you in Australia.

26296 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M
Offline
Posted 4/3/16
Just to add a bit https://www.animelab.com/blog/animelab-simulcast-line-up-for-spring-2016-2/ has the current spring list of seasons simulcasts. There is likely still more on the way. Last season I think it was they had 16 titles including two delayed casts (4 week hold back).
37709 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
45 / Seattle
Offline
Posted 4/3/16 , edited 4/3/16

vortex594 wrote:
[Sorry, due to licensing limitations, the rest of this post is unavailable in your region.]


My apologies if this is insensitive to your situation, but "Nice". I have a pretty dark sense of humor sometimes, and this was seriously funny.

Also, condolences. I believe I join you in hoping that the system of regional distribution monopolies and pricing ends posthaste. It was always somewhere between sketchy and backwards, but the growth of the Internet has made it absolutely ridiculous. How else can you describe Netflix banning someone in the US from watching "US-only" content if they use a VPN for privacy, removing millions of links a day from the Internet (for, among other ends, to try to keep Australians from watching Game of Thrones), or Kanye West declaring war on the Pirate Bay for his own bad business decision - then tweeting a screenshot that accidentally showed he was downloading $200 music software through the Pirate Bay*?

* - Actually, this phrase could have ended after "Kanye West" and remained true... but I digress.
Der Zoodirektor
23413 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / Germany
Online
Posted 4/3/16

vortex594 wrote:

there's damn near no point, when barely any of the current season is available in Australia, and most of those i don't want to watch.

i can't remember the last time a series i actually wanted to watch was available on CR.

[Sorry, due to licensing limitations, the rest of this post is unavailable in your region.]


The line-up for Australia should largely be the same as the one for the US this time around.
811 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
38 / M / España
Online
Posted 4/6/16
Regretfully this season in Spain, we have a lot of "class B" anime, the world released ones, but with the loss of Fairy Tail,World Trigger,,, and and missing many anime available to other regions (Kiznaiver, Sailor Moon,,,) even compared to latin american I think I'll have to skip this season on CR. The offer on Netflix and Movistar, although have less number of anime,have much better quality this month, at least in Spain.
Der Zoodirektor
23413 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / Germany
Online
Posted 4/6/16

dirheim wrote:

Regretfully this season in Spain, we have a lot of "class B" anime, the world released ones, but with the loss of Fairy Tail,World Trigger,,, and and missing many anime available to other regions (Kiznaiver, Sailor Moon,,,) even compared to latin american I think I'll have to skip this season on CR. The offer on Netflix and Movistar, although have less number of anime,have much better quality this month, at least in Spain.


Heh, we probably got the highest parity with the US line-up in quite some time. You guys *do* have Kiznaiver actually, just not with Spanish subtitles. Also, we're not done announcing titles yet.
3545 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / España
Offline
Posted 4/6/16

shinryou wrote:


dirheim wrote:

Regretfully this season in Spain, we have a lot of "class B" anime, the world released ones, but with the loss of Fairy Tail,World Trigger,,, and and missing many anime available to other regions (Kiznaiver, Sailor Moon,,,) even compared to latin american I think I'll have to skip this season on CR. The offer on Netflix and Movistar, although have less number of anime,have much better quality this month, at least in Spain.


Heh, we probably got the highest parity with the US line-up in quite some time. You guys *do* have Kiznaiver actually, just not with Spanish subtitles. Also, we're not done announcing titles yet.


Wait... what? Why?
Der Zoodirektor
23413 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / Germany
Online
Posted 4/6/16 , edited 4/6/16

elixmt wrote:
Wait... what? Why?


Switch the site to English, you should see the show.
3545 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / España
Offline
Posted 4/6/16 , edited 4/6/16


I mean, i thought it was only for episode 0, because is not a "true" episode. But, are we not going to have spanish subs available for the entire show? I didnt expect this at all...
811 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
38 / M / España
Online
Posted 4/6/16 , edited 4/6/16

elixmt wrote:



I mean, i thought it was only for episode 0, because is not a "true" episode. But, are we not going to have spanish subs available for the entire show? I didnt expect this at all...


I think that's even worse that not having the series available, if CR doesn't even care to bring the series in our language.
Now, with the announce of Netflix having Kuromuku I think this season is over for me, again All the quality series are available on other services or they have been restricted out of Spain, sadly
For the moment I've cancelled my premium renewal and I'll get my anime dose from Netflix and Movistar another season again.
Der Zoodirektor
23413 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / Germany
Online
Posted 4/7/16 , edited 4/7/16

dirheim wrote:

I think that's even worse that not having the series available, if CR doesn't even care to bring the series in our language.
Now, with the announce of Netflix having Kuromuku I think this season is over for me, again All the quality series are available on other services or they have been restricted out of Spain, sadly
For the moment I've cancelled my premium renewal and I'll get my anime dose from Netflix and Movistar another season again.


It's not like we "don't care", it's just not possible for licensing reasons. German- and French-speaking regions in Europe do not get the title at all, we worked hard to make it available in Spain with at least English subtitles - instead of not being able to provide it to you guys at all.

Most of the good shows are available in Spain on Crunchyroll this season, and you got a whole lot more in general than before. Before you complained about getting less than LATAM on Crunchyroll, now you get almost the same content, but complain even harder ... what are you trying to achieve?
3545 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / España
Offline
Posted 4/7/16


Im not complaining, actually i think this is the best season for Spain i can remember . Im just really surprise for this situation with Kiznaiver. Im pretty sure France and Germany can watch the show with subtitles on some other platforms but i dont think this is the case for Spain so is really weird.
First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.