First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
Post Reply Roku App Still Not Working.
58239 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29
Offline
Posted 4/3/16
Alright.

I basically haven't been able to use Crunchyroll on my Roku since V3 rolled out back in Nov/Dec of last year. I've been hoping it would be fixed, or updated. Unfortunately, we're getting into April now and I still can't use the CR app on my Roku.

I have uninstalled/deleted the app and reinstalled. Last week in fact. Still doesn't work. My Roku is the Roku 1 (2710X-B). I just keep getting the "connection interrupted" message. I know it's not my internet, since I can go straight to other App's like Hulu after getting the message and watch something with no problem.

If there is something I can do on my end, by all means suggest it. However, I am a very, very dissatisfied customer. I've been with CR as a paid subscriber since 08/09, and I've enjoyed it up till now. Unfortunately, the service has been going downhill since 2013. Heck, I can't even use the PS3 app!
Der Zoodirektor
23423 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / Germany
Online
Posted 4/3/16 , edited 4/3/16

Nagato-san wrote:

Alright.

I basically haven't been able to use Crunchyroll on my Roku since V3 rolled out back in Nov/Dec of last year. I've been hoping it would be fixed, or updated. Unfortunately, we're getting into April now and I still can't use the CR app on my Roku.

I have uninstalled/deleted the app and reinstalled. Last week in fact. Still doesn't work. My Roku is the Roku 1 (2710X-B). I just keep getting the "connection interrupted" message. I know it's not my internet, since I can go straight to other App's like Hulu after getting the message and watch something with no problem.

If there is something I can do on my end, by all means suggest it. However, I am a very, very dissatisfied customer. I've been with CR as a paid subscriber since 08/09, and I've enjoyed it up till now. Unfortunately, the service has been going downhill since 2013. Heck, I can't even use the PS3 app!


Are you using an RCA or HDMI cable to connect it to the TV?
58239 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29
Offline
Posted 4/3/16
RCA
The Wise Wizard
100961 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
56 / M / U.S.A. (mid-south)
Online
Posted 4/4/16

There seems to be a known bug with CR's Roku app when viewing via composite video. Would I be correct in assuming your TV is an older one that lacks HDMI input (e.g., an old CRT)?

Der Zoodirektor
23423 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / Germany
Online
Posted 4/4/16


As the the TheAncientOne mentioned, our Roku app does not currently support output via RCA cables. If you have the option to use an HDMI cable, you should be able to get it working instantly. (Using HDMI will also GREATLY improve the image quality.)
58239 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29
Offline
Posted 4/4/16

TheAncientOne wrote:
There seems to be a known bug with CR's Roku app when viewing via composite video. Would I be correct in assuming your TV is an older one that lacks HDMI input (e.g., an old CRT)?




You are correct. It's an 90's CRT TV. I remember hearing something about that a few months ago, but I didn't think that could be possible. Dang. Any word on if said bug will get fixed?


shinryou wrote:
As the the TheAncientOne mentioned, our Roku app does not currently support output via RCA cables. If you have the option to use an HDMI cable, you should be able to get it working instantly. (Using HDMI will also GREATLY improve the image quality.)


Unfortunately, it doesn't have HDMI ports. I could get an HDMI converter box (I use one to connect my PS4 to a different older TV) and use it. Would that work, or does it have to be a straight connection?
Der Zoodirektor
23423 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / Germany
Online
Posted 4/4/16
Try with the one you use for your PS4?
58239 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29
Offline
Posted 4/4/16
I'll give it a shot, maybe it'll work. Thanks shinryou & TheAncientOne for your help.
7 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Detroit MI
Offline
Posted 4/12/16
I have the same problem but i have my roku box connected via HDMI from the start. the app will load but everytime i try to play any content it says connection interupted, please check your internet connection settings. but I can go on Hulu with no problem before and after this message
Der Zoodirektor
23423 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / Germany
Online
Posted 4/14/16

Trevel06 wrote:

I have the same problem but i have my roku box connected via HDMI from the start. the app will load but everytime i try to play any content it says connection interupted, please check your internet connection settings. but I can go on Hulu with no problem before and after this message


What did you set the output resolution to?
7 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Detroit MI
Offline
Posted 4/14/16
It's set to 1080p which is the resolution of all my televisions.
Der Zoodirektor
23423 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / Germany
Online
Posted 4/14/16
Have you tried removing the channel, revoking the device's authorization via the device settings on the website, and then installing the channel again?
25638 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
50 / M / Chicago, IL
Online
Posted 4/18/16 , edited 4/18/16
I just did and it still does not work. Still gives me the internet connection settings error. I have composite video as well.
Der Zoodirektor
23423 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / Germany
Online
Posted 4/18/16

ceewayne wrote:

I just did and it still does not work. Still gives me the internet connection settings error. I have composite video as well.


The TV does not support HDMI?
25638 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
50 / M / Chicago, IL
Online
Posted 4/18/16

shinryou wrote:


ceewayne wrote:

I just did and it still does not work. Still gives me the internet connection settings error. I have composite video as well.


The TV does not support HDMI?


I have an older TV. Does anyone know when it will be fixed?
First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.