First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next  Last
Post Reply Is it weird to not want to date someone who shares the same common interests as you?
4577 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / Winnipeg, MB.
Offline
Posted 4/4/16

qualeshia3 wrote:


octorockandroll wrote:


qualeshia3 wrote:


octorockandroll wrote:

My significant other and I share tons of common interests. We love animation, videogames, being lazy and we're just generally into the same kind of things. Really the only thing we disagree on that often is dragons vs mechs (mechs ftw)


What about a mechanical dragon?


That would be cool, but aside from serpenterra from power rangers, neither of us can think of any examples of such a creature


I don't think there are many mechanical dragons.


Darn, that would make our anime watching scedule a lot easier D:

Also, I thought you weren't interested in dating. Am I remembering wrong, or has someone changex your mind recently?
6315 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Hongdae
Offline
Posted 4/4/16 , edited 4/4/16
they're common interests for a reason.

if you dated everyone with the same common interests as you, you'd date a lot of people.

though, im pretty sure you're confusing what you're trying to say with common interests.

You mean the interests in common between you two, or similar interests. not the same common interests. differences
42339 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / New Jersey, USA
Offline
Posted 4/4/16

pandrasb wrote:

I don't think it's weird, I think it depends on the person. My Bro really dated someone for 2 years and broke up cuz they had nothing in common.
And I wouldn't date someone without at least some common interest.


I just gotta find the person where we can both appreciate each others hobbies with out liking them.
42339 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / New Jersey, USA
Offline
Posted 4/4/16


Oh no, I'm stll not interested in dating. This is just if I were to start dating.
42339 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / New Jersey, USA
Offline
Posted 4/4/16

Kingzoro02 wrote:

they're common interests for a reason.

if you dated everyone with the same common interests as you, you'd date a lot of people.

though, im pretty sure you're confusing what you're trying to say with common interests.

You mean the interests in common between you two, or similar interests. not the same common interests. differences


Something we both like.
4577 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / Winnipeg, MB.
Offline
Posted 4/4/16

qualeshia3 wrote:



Oh no, I'm stll not interested in dating. This is just if I were to start dating.


Ah, I see. Well I highly recommend it, but I hope you are happy with whichever you choose to go with.
10582 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 4/4/16

qualeshia3 wrote:


gornotck wrote:

Fortunately, there are several studies that can probably be read to maybe indicate that believing 'opposites attract' in romantic relationships could be construed as being not entirely incorrect.


So, I'm better off dating someone with common interest and goals?


Studies have shown that it appears to be a more viable strategy for forming lasting relationships, but your mileage may vary. At best I would have to say that closing yourself off from considering people with similar interests would probably prove a somewhat more unfulfilling experience. I cannot give actual recommendations for or against, but observations have appeared to indicate that it may be a matter of finding mutual support for your interests.


octorockandroll wrote:


gornotck wrote:


octorockandroll wrote:


gornotck wrote:

Fortunately, there are several studies that can probably be read to maybe indicate that believing 'opposites attract' in romantic relationships could be construed as being not entirely incorrect.


As a science student I can safely say that you are much better off ignoring such studies regardess of what they tell you and going with what feels right


While I do not support or particularly dismiss any of these psychology studies, I do not think you could call yourself a student of science and still say things like being able to safely say you are better off ignoring any study, much less going with 'what feels right'.


If the most you can get out of a study is "it can probably be read to maybe indicate that believing sonething can be construed as not entirely incorrect" then it's likely not something you should base your entire romantic life on, you get me?


That's just how I described them, but no, you shouldn't really base any part of your life around studies, particularly psychology studies, but it is still valuable to know that on the whole it has been indicated that forming romantic bonds with people who share your interests tends to prove a more successful and viable strategy than entirely avoiding them.
4577 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / Winnipeg, MB.
Offline
Posted 4/4/16


Oh yeah, I agree. I wouldn't plan on actively avoiding a partner with common interests or anything.
33351 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Socal
Offline
Posted 4/4/16

qualeshia3 wrote:


pandrasb wrote:

I don't think it's weird, I think it depends on the person. My Bro really dated someone for 2 years and broke up cuz they had nothing in common.
And I wouldn't date someone without at least some common interest.


I just gotta find the person where we can both appreciate each others hobbies with out liking them.


so what if he grows to like em? what if he tries to get into em just so he can get you better?
42339 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / New Jersey, USA
Offline
Posted 4/4/16

pandrasb wrote:


qualeshia3 wrote:


pandrasb wrote:

I don't think it's weird, I think it depends on the person. My Bro really dated someone for 2 years and broke up cuz they had nothing in common.
And I wouldn't date someone without at least some common interest.


I just gotta find the person where we can both appreciate each others hobbies with out liking them.


so what if he grows to like em? what if he tries to get into em just so he can get you better?


Then I guess I can deal with it. I wouldn't break up with him though. That will be one thing we have in common while everything is not.
6315 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Hongdae
Offline
Posted 4/4/16

qualeshia3 wrote:


Kingzoro02 wrote:

they're common interests for a reason.

if you dated everyone with the same common interests as you, you'd date a lot of people.

though, im pretty sure you're confusing what you're trying to say with common interests.

You mean the interests in common between you two, or similar interests. not the same common interests. differences


Something we both like.


theres no hope for you.

nice triple post.

pl0x leave the forums you plague
101419 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / You, Knighted States
Offline
Posted 4/4/16
If you don't share any common interests what do you plan on talking about?
42339 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / New Jersey, USA
Offline
Posted 4/4/16


Wow... what a comment. Thanks you, I guess.
42339 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / New Jersey, USA
Offline
Posted 4/4/16

saprobe wrote:

If you don't share any common interests what do you plan on talking about?


We'll find something.
33351 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Socal
Offline
Posted 4/4/16

saprobe wrote:

If you don't share any common interests what do you plan on talking about?




so true

that's exactly why my bro broke up with his ex
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.