First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next  Last
Post Reply Is it weird to not want to date someone who shares the same common interests as you?
Posted 4/4/16
That's funny. >_< The way I see it is if you and your significant other have similar interests, then you can share it and do more things together...?? Maybe I am wrong xD
42339 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / New Jersey, USA
Online
Posted 4/4/16

-Paul- wrote:


qualeshia3 wrote:



I love reading, writing, and anime. I've always been hard on myself ever since I was a little girl.


You just described my Wife, just last month she read 30 books, and we watched 3 series last month. You know growing up I was the same and so was my wife, we were also the blacksheep in our families. And now I'd say we are the most interesting people in our families :p




To be honest, I'm more of a writer than a reader. But I do enjoy reading a few good books.
28204 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Online
Posted 4/4/16
Shared interests help, the key problem is actually shared values. It can work without shared interests, but if you do not have shared values things are going to get ugly. Which I think is more the trap with the "opposites attract" saying. If you have fundamentally different/opposed religious/political/social values it's a difficult thing to reconcile. As compared to simple disagreements like one person liking horror movies when the other doesn't.
20719 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Bundaberg, Queens...
Offline
Posted 4/4/16
to me it is but to others it isn't
20719 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Bundaberg, Queens...
Offline
Posted 4/4/16

runec wrote:

Shared interests help, the key problem is actually shared values. It can work without shared interests, but if you do not have shared values things are going to get ugly. Which I think is more the trap with the "opposites attract" saying. If you have fundamentally different/opposed religious/political/social values it's a difficult thing to reconcile. As compared to simple disagreements like one person liking horror movies when the other doesn't.




This....

would get in a relationship with an emotional abuser with a crazy view and opinion on porn and other things and feminist to top it all off again .../sarcasm


Posted 4/4/16
As long as they have simliar beliefs as me, I think we'll get along just fine.
4577 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / Winnipeg, MB.
Offline
Posted 4/4/16

qualeshia3 wrote:



I love reading, writing, and anime. I've always been hard on myself ever since I was a little girl.


I think you'll have a hard time finding someone who isnt into at least one of those things. I think you're wonderful, you deserve more credit than you give yourself.
33351 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Socal
Offline
Posted 4/4/16

qualeshia3 wrote:

I guess it is a bit weird. If I do find someone who shares a lot of the things I like then I feel like I'm dating myself. I hate myself too much to do that.


That sounds more like a self esteem issue.
42339 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / New Jersey, USA
Online
Posted 4/4/16

pandrasb wrote:


qualeshia3 wrote:

I guess it is a bit weird. If I do find someone who shares a lot of the things I like then I feel like I'm dating myself. I hate myself too much to do that.


That sounds more like a self esteem issue.


It probably is.
16402 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / east coast. Let t...
Offline
Posted 4/4/16
Well....Let me ask you this. Even if it was weird, Would you mind being weird?
42339 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / New Jersey, USA
Online
Posted 4/4/16



Thank you.
42339 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / New Jersey, USA
Online
Posted 4/4/16

ZavinRoyalheart wrote:

Well....Let me ask you this. Even if it was weird, Would you mind being weird?


I'm weird to begin with.
16402 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / east coast. Let t...
Offline
Posted 4/4/16

qualeshia3 wrote:


ZavinRoyalheart wrote:

Well....Let me ask you this. Even if it was weird, Would you mind being weird?


I'm weird to begin with.


Being eccentric isn't a bad thing. You should do what makes you happy. If that means not dating someone with similar interests then don't date someone with similar interests. If I didn't want to do that is someone going to force me. I'd like to see them try.
4583 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / Decemberunderground
Offline
Posted 4/4/16 , edited 4/4/16
Opposites attract.
However I feel like their should be common ground.
You need someone who is the opposite of you that shares some common interests.
Because you need someone to "complete" you which is usely your opposite but if share no common interests it will most likely lead to too much argueing.

If your exactly like someone you'll end up getting bored and looking for something diffrent.
I could never date someone just like me because the relationship would be one huge manipulation.
Because I manipulate people in 90% of my relationships.

But if we shared interests like games/anime/same movies thats great.
Also they must asian which is the opposite of me because I'm dutch.

11680 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M
Online
Posted 4/4/16
have you guys been watching too much anime where the boy n gril hav nothing in common?
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.