Created by GrandMasterTime
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
Post Reply Are you a confident driver?
13577 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / Australia
Offline
Posted 4/6/16
I'm probably below average in driving ability.

I didn't bother to check to see if someones already made a poll about this so feel free to remove the poll if there is another one.
1000 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 4/6/16
Yes. I've even wrecked two cars, and have never hesitated to get back behind the wheel.
Posted 4/6/16
I don't like driving. I find it very stressful. I think being on the road is similar to getting trolled on the internet sometimes

18906 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
46 / F / Reston, VA, USA
Offline
Posted 4/6/16
I love driving. When I was a kid I always thought it'd be cool to get every type of drivers license out there (regular drivers, motorcycle, CDL, chauffer, etc.) . Once I finally got my license I realized it'd be ridiculous and expensive to do so. But I do have standard drivers and motorcycle licenses and have a lot of fun driving. I like long road trips with no deadlines because it's fun to check out some of the local color.

That being said, I can't say I enjoy my commute to and from work all that much. There are too many idiots on I495. You've got your tourists who don't know where they're going, your diplomatic plated cars who don't care and do what they please, then there are the guys who dodge back and forth between lanes because they apparently think they'll be able to get half a car length ahead of where they were. You have the fools who cut from the fast lane across all four lanes of traffic because they just realized that was their exit and don't want to miss it...
7420 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 4/6/16 , edited 4/6/16
They took my license away from me: permanently.

My only compensation is, I get 1/2 fare on the metro
2204 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Canada
Offline
Posted 4/6/16 , edited 4/6/16

GayAsianBoy wrote:

I think being on the road is similar to getting trolled on the internet sometimes



I couldn't have said it better than that. My job requires that I drive a lot and really often I'm like "That can't be real, he must be trying to annoy me!", to finally find out that it's an old person that just shouldn't be driving in the first place. Driving makes us see how much most people are selfish. The amount of people that don't even use their turn signals is staggering.

Back to the main question, I'm a pretty confident driver, but I try as much as possible to be a drive responsibly.
Posted 4/6/16
I'd probably kill myself if I drove
20813 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / California
Offline
Posted 4/6/16
No, I hate driving I feel like I'm gonna damage someone's property or even worse hit someone.
6667 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
37 / F / Portland, Oregon
Offline
Posted 4/6/16
I drive just fine, however I do not enjoy driving downtown since I transitioned out here. It can be stressful with the max, trolleys, heavy traffic and pedestrians. But you do what you have to.
140123 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Searching For Gon...
Offline
Posted 4/6/16

I drive just fine in my eyes. None of my friends has yet to complain bout my driving.
Posted 4/6/16
I'm a terrible driver but I feel better knowing that there are people even worse than I am
1447 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / The Caribbean
Offline
Posted 4/6/16
I rule the road.
Banned
17503 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / B.C, Canada
Offline
Posted 4/6/16
I race on my days off. I love every aspect of driving ever since I got behind the wheel of my first car, an EVO IV RS. I don't get you lot who hate driving, it's blast especially on the track. Try it sometime ya know.
13577 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / Australia
Offline
Posted 4/6/16

Ranwolf wrote:

I race on my days off. I love every aspect of driving ever since I got behind the wheel of my first car, an EVO IV RS. I don't get you lot who hate driving, it's blast especially on the track. Try it sometime ya know.


Nice wheels man! I only own a 2005 honda accord anniversary, EVO's are sick and I have to agree with you on driving, especially when there's open road; gives me a thrill even though I'm a poor driver.


Dariamus wrote:

They took my license away from me: permanently.

My only compensation is, I get 1/2 fare on the metro


You must of been quite the hoon ;)


GayAsianBoy wrote:

I don't like driving. I find it very stressful. I think being on the road is similar to getting trolled on the internet sometimes



I know that feel man, I used to have anxiety on the roads but I'm feeling better the more I drive. Predicting what other irrational idiots are going to do is hard.


Razor_Girl wrote:

I love driving. When I was a kid I always thought it'd be cool to get every type of drivers license out there (regular drivers, motorcycle, CDL, chauffer, etc.) . Once I finally got my license I realized it'd be ridiculous and expensive to do so. But I do have standard drivers and motorcycle licenses and have a lot of fun driving. I like long road trips with no deadlines because it's fun to check out some of the local color.

That being said, I can't say I enjoy my commute to and from work all that much. There are too many idiots on I495. You've got your tourists who don't know where they're going, your diplomatic plated cars who don't care and do what they please, then there are the guys who dodge back and forth between lanes because they apparently think they'll be able to get half a car length ahead of where they were. You have the fools who cut from the fast lane across all four lanes of traffic because they just realized that was their exit and don't want to miss it...


I totally agree with you on commutes to work (city driving). People drive too recklessly and put the safety of others at risk. They're also pretty selfish and beep the horn at you for going the same speed as the speed "limit".


somecanadianmagick wrote:

Yes. I've even wrecked two cars, and have never hesitated to get back behind the wheel.


That's beast mate. Would take me a long time to get over such an occurrence.


stars201 wrote:

I'm a terrible driver but I feel better knowing that there are people even worse than I am


Trust me you're probably in the top 10% of drivers. 90% of people are pure chaos on the roads I swear.

Edit : Sorry I couldn't respond to you all, FORGIVE ME!
Posted 4/6/16
No tickets and they lowered my insurance so I'm happy with driving
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.