First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
Post Reply Anyone play FFXIV?
10594 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Online
Posted 5/11/16


Geomancer was also added to Final Fantasy XI, but I don't know how it performed. I could see the original Conjurer growing into a Geomancer, but Yoshida's FFXIV is too limited for it. Did it perform badly in Final Fantasy Explorers?
44 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Gensokyo
Offline
Posted 5/22/16

gornotck wrote:



Geomancer was also added to Final Fantasy XI, but I don't know how it performed. I could see the original Conjurer growing into a Geomancer, but Yoshida's FFXIV is too limited for it. Did it perform badly in Final Fantasy Explorers?


I think it was more of a problem with Explorers as a whole. All of the casters could kind of do the same moves and it just got really repetitive really fast with no reward or story to really spur you to carry on. Wouldn't recommend it to anyone really. Especially not the hardcore fans. I see what you mean, having Geomancer as a DPS class would be pretty awesome actually. But like you said, its just a CNJ with more firepower pretty much, not bringing much else to the table.

Banned
2458 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
37 / M / Akihibra
Offline
Posted 5/25/16
Tera is better(poor man's FFXIV)
4094 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / England
Offline
Posted 5/26/16
Yes
Banned
2458 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
37 / M / Akihibra
Offline
Posted 5/26/16
Nope it costs $$$ i play TERA much better(poor man FFXIV)

4062 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Ontario, Canada
Offline
Posted 5/27/16
i play but im on Coeurl
Banned
2458 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
37 / M / Akihibra
Offline
Posted 5/28/16
I play Tera MMO it's better and totally free poor man's FFXIV
290 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Cali
Offline
Posted 5/30/16
I recently got back into it... But being on Zeromus (JP server) everyone else is much further ahead of me and all my old friends are no longer on. Now that I am back stateside, how are American servers doing?

I am still on the fence for transferring to an American server.
1197 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / New Jersey
Offline
Posted 6/1/16
I'll probably end up resubbing to final fantasy XIV soon. I haven't really logged in since the new Anima weapons came out so I'm hoping if I wait long enough I'll get enough content to keep me busy for another month or two, maybe. I'm currently on Sargatanas, but I might transfer because most of my friends that used to play it don't really do anymore, unfortunately.
19516 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / NYC Metro Area
Offline
Posted 6/15/16
I want to play, but I' m a bit scared since all of my friends who play have logged over 3,000 hours and I don't want to lose my life in the process

20753 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Bundaberg, Queens...
Offline
Posted 6/16/16 , edited 6/22/16

Joncaido wrote:

I recently got back into it... But being on Zeromus (JP server) everyone else is much further ahead of me and all my old friends are no longer on. Now that I am back stateside, how are American servers doing?

I am still on the fence for transferring to an American server.


Tonberry English JP server masterace
5238 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 6/16/16
Nope and FFXIV isn't the kind of game that I would enjoy.
7493 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / In a world that d...
Offline
Posted 6/21/16 , edited 6/21/16
I used to play...I played since the very beginning, from the open beta and early access to collectors editions in 1.0 to patch 2.3 when it became ARR, went on hiatus, and then returned after 3.2 landed, but i havent played since 3.3 landed.

I've been on Sargatanas since the very beginning, when one of the servers that would be merged to form it was Lindblum. Ever since I left the first time, my friends have all gone their separate ways and Im not interested in the very grindy nature that it took on, so chances are Ill be shelving it for good when my sub expires next month, unless I transfer over to the European datacenter where some of my old friends are, but then chances are I'd start dealing with some lag issues since Im on the west coast of the US.

It was an interesting adventure for awhile, but now it's just another MMO in a long pile of many that follow the same generic patterns of gear grinding and cap raising.
10594 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Online
Posted 6/21/16

KisaiGate wrote:

I used to play...I played since the very beginning, from the open beta and early access to collectors editions in 1.0 to patch 2.3 when it became ARR, went on hiatus, and then returned after 3.2 landed, but i havent played since 3.3 landed.

I've been on Sargatanas since the very beginning, when one of the servers that would be merged to form it was Lindblum. Ever since I left the first time, my friends have all gone their separate ways and Im not interested in the very grindy nature that it took on, so chances are Ill be shelving it for good when my sub expires next month, unless I transfer over to the European datacenter where some of my old friends are, but then chances are I'd start dealing with some lag issues since Im on the west coast of the US.

It was an interesting adventure for awhile, but now it's just another MMO in a long pile of many that follow the same generic patterns of gear grinding and cap raising.


It was still sort of grindy in 1.0, but I think it was less obvious until Yoshida started taking over. Well, except for the sporadic EXP gain thing, which was sort of weird, but I only got to play a couple months back toward the end of the year it released, then picked it up again in 2.0 when it went ARR and began the long, fast decline into grinding the same dungeons and raids over and over while all the players tended to be hostile toward you while you were doing them.
7493 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / In a world that d...
Offline
Posted 6/21/16

gornotck wrote:

It was still sort of grindy in 1.0, but I think it was less obvious until Yoshida started taking over. Well, except for the sporadic EXP gain thing, which was sort of weird, but I only got to play a couple months back toward the end of the year it released, then picked it up again in 2.0 when it went ARR and began the long, fast decline into grinding the same dungeons and raids over and over while all the players tended to be hostile toward you while you were doing them.


It was sorta grindy, but for some reason, exp parties were still rather fun at launch 1.0. I even mained Archer the first time and I didn't mind the sporadic exp thing, though I found it really strange. Massive leve parties were a blast when they upped the bonus for leve sharing, and Coerthas raptor parties post 40 allowed me to meet many awesome people.

Heh, I even remember one time when a bunch of friends from the linkshell I lead formed a party when all of our names started with A, we added three people, and they started asking us if it was a linkshell for A people. I hardly ever got to have experiences like that in 2.0, prolly part of the reason why I dont think too highly of it, it basically took the frontiersman elements out of the game, even when it was still freshly launched, by making everything gear and exp worthy instanced, instead of a proper balance.
First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.