Post Reply Censorship to the point of being unwatchable.
5003 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 4/6/16
I checked out Terraformars, the other night and it's heavily censored. Literally at times, you can only see a third of the scenes. I can understand the politics behind it, but c'mon, there's got to be a point when if an anime is that censored, why even bother airing it?

6298 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / *echo sound effec...
Offline
Posted 4/6/16
It's so the animators could sell the "true" version in the BD's, where TV rules aren't around and they could show everything they want to in it.
25670 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
52 / M / Bay Area
Offline
Posted 4/6/16

Vader750 wrote:

I checked out Terraformars, the other night and it's heavily censored. Literally at times, you can only see a third of the scenes. I can understand the politics behind it, but c'mon, there's got to be a point when if an anime is that censored, why even bother airing it?



Hoping they release another version without censorship? Sometimes it happens
25670 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
52 / M / Bay Area
Offline
Posted 4/6/16

Vader750 wrote:

I checked out Terraformars, the other night and it's heavily censored. Literally at times, you can only see a third of the scenes. I can understand the politics behind it, but c'mon, there's got to be a point when if an anime is that censored, why even bother airing it?



Yo did you see there is a uncensored version if you go to anime page
12326 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
☆Land of sweets☆
Online
Posted 4/6/16
i remember a screenshot where the bad guys (or what i'm assuming were the bad guys) got censored with a large dot replacing their heads.
the censor was so lousily done, it's meme worth.
One Punch Mod
96080 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Boston-ish
Offline
Posted 4/6/16 , edited 4/6/16

Vader750 wrote:

I checked out Terraformars, the other night and it's heavily censored. Literally at times, you can only see a third of the scenes. I can understand the politics behind it, but c'mon, there's got to be a point when if an anime is that censored, why even bother airing it?



Are you talking about the first season or the new one? I'd actually heard that there wasn't anything very censorable in the first episode of the new season.

If it was the first season, then CR actually does have the uncensored version (in addition to the censored one), so you'll just need to select that (it's listed the same way a separate season would be).
4131 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Some where in Can...
Offline
Posted 4/6/16
Censoring on Crunchyroll? Tell me it isn't true!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
12326 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
☆Land of sweets☆
Online
Posted 4/6/16

lorreen wrote:If it was the first season, then CR actually does have the uncensored version (in addition to the censored one), so you'll just need to select that (it's listed the same way a separate season would be).


wait, what's the point of having the censored version..? seems like a waste of CR resources (CR is paying for the right to show the censored version which nobody wants)
745 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / Somewhere a lot l...
Offline
Posted 4/6/16 , edited 4/6/16
There's uncensored version, even when it was still airing I could watch all the gore in the episode, it just usually depended on which site you used. Plus in the new anime in 2016 (Terra formars: revenge I believe) the animation quality look way inferior and generic imo so yeah we got that to complain about if anything


Also there;s always the manga
3420 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 4/6/16
I agree that sensorineural often goes waaay over the top. Then again, that might just be my American standards. Case in point: My Wife is the Student Council President. The sensored version makes half the scenes unwatchable. Luckily, CR has the uncensored version for our enjoyment
riem2k 
10906 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
38 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 4/6/16
While i can understand that animators are forced to comply with local Japanese TV regulations, i still find the season 1 terraformars censorship method not just to be super lazy but also detrimental to the enjoyment of the show.



13254 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 4/6/16
Ah. Forgot how huge the safety bears are in the first four censored versions of Terra ForMars.
58512 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / M / Planet Sanno
Offline
Posted 4/7/16

namealreadytaken wrote:
wait, what's the point of having the censored version..?


In that particular case, the uncensored version was added significantly later. The impression I had at the time was that CR paid extra for it in light of the massive backlash against how heavy-handed the censored version was. Terraformars was supposed to be one of the biggest shows to watch that season, and it ended up being a fiasco because of the censorship. Fortunately, bringing the other version over helped salve that wound a bit. (Remember Pupa? CR had to drop that one like a hot potato.)
18580 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
37 / M / So. Cal
Offline
Posted 4/11/16
I stopped watching Demon King Daimao for this exact reason
Koda89 
34876 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Oklahoma City, OK
Offline
Posted 4/11/16

rcsatcrunchyroll wrote:


namealreadytaken wrote:
wait, what's the point of having the censored version..?


In that particular case, the uncensored version was added significantly later. The impression I had at the time was that CR paid extra for it in light of the massive backlash against how heavy-handed the censored version was. Terraformars was supposed to be one of the biggest shows to watch that season, and it ended up being a fiasco because of the censorship. Fortunately, bringing the other version over helped salve that wound a bit. (Remember Pupa? CR had to drop that one like a hot potato.)


Pupa remains the only title that I've seen in the now 3 years I've used CR to be dropped from the service within one year.
You must be logged in to post.