First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
Post Reply And you thought there is never a girl online? Discussion
7420 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 4/13/16 , edited 4/13/16

lorreen wrote:

Fun enough I guess, but apparently I'm the only one who thinks Ako is freaking annoying.

I would imagine Ako's a little too clingy, and a little too yandere, for most guys tastes.

Would not bother me

I would make smart comments about winding up married and playing in a family group with the wife & kids, but that is my real life. Both my daughters were playing by the age of three

15746 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
37 / M / Virginia USA
Online
Posted 4/13/16
Ako is the bestest.

Crazy as all get-out, but the bestest!
qwueri 
16420 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M
Offline
Posted 4/13/16

lorreen wrote:

Fun enough I guess, but apparently I'm the only one who thinks Ako is freaking annoying.


No you're not alone in thinking that. She'd be worst girl if not for the chibi-tsun.
25020 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Northern Ireland
Offline
Posted 4/13/16

rcsatcrunchyroll wrote:


redswampert wrote:
Dirty cash shopper.


*raises hand*

Yeah, I'm a paid premium player in F2P games, too. Might as well be honest about it.

The positive buzz this show is getting is pretty encouraging. The soft-focus look reminds a little of NGNL, just without all the red and pink everywhere.


Wallet warriors unite! As a whale (if you know F2P games you'll understand that term) I feel as though I'm going to associate with the pres quite a bit lol.


It's different from the usual MMO focused anime and I like that for once the focus is more on them outside the game than in it. Typical of myself I've scanned the manga and novel spoilers and it seems the novels are pretty short with the manga cutting out a lot useless guff that wasn't needed.

Looking forward to Ako going full yandere and there is a really nice stopping point that I hope they use for the last episode.
7420 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 4/13/16 , edited 4/13/16

MacMeaties wrote:
Looking forward to Ako going full yandere and there is a really nice stopping point that I hope they use for the last episode.

That girl has a few loose screws.

All normalfags must die

Chapter 16: Let me prepare myself

I would (did) fall in love with a girl(s) like her and Segawa in a heartbeat in real life.



25020 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Northern Ireland
Offline
Posted 4/13/16 , edited 4/20/16

Dariamus wrote:That girl has a few loose screws.


A few? The girl is a wholesale bulk order of M64 screw multipacks; most of her screws are loose and she even has some with no corresponding hole to begin with rattling around in there.

Hideki is her blue locktite.
JuJu26 
27552 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / U.S.A.
Offline
Posted 4/14/16
Will this be delayed too due to the earthquake?
215159 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Anime World
Offline
Posted 4/14/16

JuJu26 wrote:

Will this be delayed too due to the earthquake?


No, only Funimation is delaying the stream. It aired today.
63862 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M / Seattle
Offline
Posted 4/14/16 , edited 4/14/16

JuJu26 wrote:

Will this be delayed too due to the earthquake?


It aired today, and it's now up.

Episode 2

That was pretty hilarious that Ako doesn't understand the difference between life in the game and life in reality. Those user names stay in the game, but she calls them by those names that leads to a lot of crazy stuff. And thus the Net Game Club is established by the student council president to spend their time playing online games together in the same room. Pretty fun stuff here going on, and I would have to think that the homeroom teacher is the club advisor seeing that she's featured on the character list.
JuJu26 
27552 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / U.S.A.
Offline
Posted 4/14/16 , edited 4/14/16
Episode 2

There's definitely a hidden mask thing going on.

The episode looks like its building up the interactions between the characters, but it's a bit weird.. Its a concept where there is a issue of distinguishing persona's and familiarities. Ako likes Rusian, but because she can't distinguish reality from fantasy, Rusian thinks she doesn't like him for who he really is. Instead, Rusian thinks Ako likes his persona in the game, so its a bit conflicting. I believe Ako truly likes Rusian and he is just having thoughts of denial going on. Still, it might be building up into something nice.

Of course, I could be reading too much into it and the series might just play it off in the end. That would frustrate me.



Edit: Also, due to the long title, I am calling this series "Girl Online" because this is DanMachi all over again!

And if anyone has read the light novel, then feel free to let me know if it is any good or not. Does it explore any development or relationships with the characters or is it just one of those low-tier novels aimed at fan service and harem elements? Thanks.
JuJu26 
27552 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / U.S.A.
Offline
Posted 4/14/16

stark700 wrote:

No, only Funimation is delaying the stream. It aired today.


Thanks a mil!
215159 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Anime World
Offline
Posted 4/14/16
Episode 2

Oh cool, they actually managed to get the club going.

I find Ako's personality to be rather childish this episode mostly because she can't tell the difference between game and reality anymore. Kinda felt bad for Nishimura and Segawa there. This episode sets up for the rest of the season. Now that I think about it, the comedy isn't half bad. Decent episode.

7420 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 4/14/16 , edited 4/14/16

JuJu26 wrote:
And if anyone has read the light novel, then feel free to let me know if it is any good or not. Does it explore any development or relationships with the characters or is it just one of those low-tier novels aimed at fan service and harem elements? Thanks.


It is not a harem. The entire series is about the relationship between Ako, the MC, and their friends. Ako is Yandere, not deredere; that should tell you how likely a harem is.

As for fan service: limited in scope and entirely Ako. She truly believes the MC is her real life husband. Most of the fan service in the manga is the full page pictures of Ako at the start of each chapter.

Not a spoiler, and should be safe for work.


JuJu26 
27552 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / U.S.A.
Offline
Posted 4/14/16

Dariamus wrote:


JuJu26 wrote:
And if anyone has read the light novel, then feel free to let me know if it is any good or not. Does it explore any development or relationships with the characters or is it just one of those low-tier novels aimed at fan service and harem elements? Thanks.


It is not a harem. The entire series is about the relationship between Ako, the MC, and their friends. Ako is Yandere, not deredere; that should tell you how likely a harem is.

As for fan service: limited in scope and entirely Ako. She truly believes the MC is her real life husband. Most of the fan service in the manga is the full page pictures of Ako at the start of each chapter.

Not a spoiler, and should be safe for work.




Thanks for the info!
24865 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / Bay Area
Offline
Posted 4/14/16

JuJu26 wrote:



Edit: Also, due to the long title, I am calling this series "Girl Online" because this is DanMachi all over again!



Most people just call it Netoge
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.