First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next  Last
Post Reply Not an Angry Topic, This needs to be said,Sexualizing characters are good.
6930 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M
Offline
Posted 4/7/16

Ryulightorb wrote:


Hail_King_Kakao wrote:


Ryulightorb wrote:

Now not saying sexualizing characters is bad but i thought about it but it's hardly good either wouldn't it just sit in the neutral category.

I mean things being sexualized does nothing bad or good.

IT just is what it is


Good things make people happy.
Sexualized characters make people happy.
Sexualizing characters is good.


Good things make people happy
Drugs make people happy
Drugs are good


Not really good logic imo

I still think they are more neutral people just like it.

Like we don't want to go and sexualize every character.


Your comparing an unnatural outside source of chemicals (Drugs) to something your body is producing from inside your body that your born with(Sense of Sexuality)

Bad logic man.
4930 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / Winnipeg, MB.
Online
Posted 4/7/16

AzuroHeart wrote:


Ryulightorb wrote:


Hail_King_Kakao wrote:


Ryulightorb wrote:

Now not saying sexualizing characters is bad but i thought about it but it's hardly good either wouldn't it just sit in the neutral category.

I mean things being sexualized does nothing bad or good.

IT just is what it is


Good things make people happy.
Sexualized characters make people happy.
Sexualizing characters is good.


Good things make people happy
Drugs make people happy
Drugs are good


Not really good logic imo

I still think they are more neutral people just like it.

Like we don't want to go and sexualize every character.


Your comparing an unnatural outside source of chemicals (Drugs) to something your body is producing from inside your body that your born with(Sense of Sexuality)

Bad logic man.


Pedophiles' attraction to kids is coming from inside them, and makes them feel happy. So I guess pedophilia is a good thing? I guess I can watch super lovers without puking now.
21034 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Bundaberg, Queens...
Offline
Posted 4/7/16 , edited 4/7/16

AzuroHeart wrote:


Ryulightorb wrote:


Hail_King_Kakao wrote:


Ryulightorb wrote:

Now not saying sexualizing characters is bad but i thought about it but it's hardly good either wouldn't it just sit in the neutral category.

I mean things being sexualized does nothing bad or good.

IT just is what it is


Good things make people happy.
Sexualized characters make people happy.
Sexualizing characters is good.


Good things make people happy
Drugs make people happy
Drugs are good


Not really good logic imo

I still think they are more neutral people just like it.

Like we don't want to go and sexualize every character.


Your comparing an unnatural outside source of chemicals (Drugs) to something your body is producing from inside your body that your born with(Sense of Sexuality)

Bad logic man.



Just because the body produces it doesn't make it good.

Sexuality is not good or bad it's just something that exists

Sexuality is not a bad thing but it's not something to bring masses together either it's just something that exists just like sexualised characters they are neither bad or good they exist and have a purpose and nothing else.


There would be nothing to gain with more sexualized characters and nothing to lose if there was none.
15947 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / Cold and High
Offline
Posted 4/7/16 , edited 4/7/16

octorockandroll wrote:
Pedophiles' attraction to kids is coming from inside them, and makes them feel happy. So I guess pedophilia is a good thing? I guess I can watch super lovers without puking now.
-__- .... maybe some.

6930 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M
Offline
Posted 4/7/16

Ryulightorb wrote:


AzuroHeart wrote:


Ryulightorb wrote:


Hail_King_Kakao wrote:


Ryulightorb wrote:

Now not saying sexualizing characters is bad but i thought about it but it's hardly good either wouldn't it just sit in the neutral category.

I mean things being sexualized does nothing bad or good.

IT just is what it is


Good things make people happy.
Sexualized characters make people happy.
Sexualizing characters is good.


Good things make people happy
Drugs make people happy
Drugs are good


Not really good logic imo

I still think they are more neutral people just like it.

Like we don't want to go and sexualize every character.


Your comparing an unnatural outside source of chemicals (Drugs) to something your body is producing from inside your body that your born with(Sense of Sexuality)

Bad logic man.



Just because the body produces it doesn't make it good.

Sexuality is not good or bad it's just something that exists

Sexuality is not a bad thing but it's not something to bring masses together either it's just something that exists just like sexualised characters they are neither bad or good they exist and have a purpose and nothing else.


There would be nothing to gain with more sexualized characters and nothing to lose if there was none.


*sigh* Listen.

"Emptiness is nothing, lesser than darkness itself, what the heart is full of is also your thoughts.
And your thoughts is what you say, which can defile you, not from what you can put in your mouth for it passes through the stomach and is ejected, this does not defile you, what defiles you is what is from within and comes out from the mouth.
Emptiness is nothing, lesser than darkness"
21034 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Bundaberg, Queens...
Offline
Posted 4/7/16

AzuroHeart wrote:


Ryulightorb wrote:


AzuroHeart wrote:


Ryulightorb wrote:


Hail_King_Kakao wrote:


Ryulightorb wrote:

Now not saying sexualizing characters is bad but i thought about it but it's hardly good either wouldn't it just sit in the neutral category.

I mean things being sexualized does nothing bad or good.

IT just is what it is


Good things make people happy.
Sexualized characters make people happy.
Sexualizing characters is good.


Good things make people happy
Drugs make people happy
Drugs are good


Not really good logic imo

I still think they are more neutral people just like it.

Like we don't want to go and sexualize every character.


Your comparing an unnatural outside source of chemicals (Drugs) to something your body is producing from inside your body that your born with(Sense of Sexuality)

Bad logic man.



Just because the body produces it doesn't make it good.

Sexuality is not good or bad it's just something that exists

Sexuality is not a bad thing but it's not something to bring masses together either it's just something that exists just like sexualised characters they are neither bad or good they exist and have a purpose and nothing else.


There would be nothing to gain with more sexualized characters and nothing to lose if there was none.


*sigh* Listen.

"Emptiness is nothing, lesser than darkness itself, what the heart is full of is also your thoughts.
And your thoughts is what you say, which can defile you, not from what you can put in your mouth for it passes through the stomach and is ejected, this does not defile you, what defiles you is what is from within and comes out from the mouth.
Emptiness is nothing, lesser than darkness"


That means nothing to me because it doesn't change that my sexuality or sexuality in general is not a good thing nor is it a bad thing it exists as a neutral thing in some ways it's good in some ways its bad.

Now i would fear a world where every character and thing was sexualized.

14470 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Houma
Offline
Posted 4/7/16
Sexualization is truly...

9551 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M
Offline
Posted 4/7/16 , edited 4/7/16

sundin13 wrote:


Hail_King_Kakao wrote:

Because it teaches our kids to be misogynists.


Does it really though?


The "it teaches our kids to be misogynist" is a huge oversimplification of alot of feminists arguments. There is evidence to prove that the media we intake influences our perception of reality.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cultivation_theory

I for one hold the belief sexualization is not the problem its oversexualization. There is nowhere near a balance between males and females in terms of who is sexualized. Even then oversexualization is just a facet of the problem.
9551 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M
Offline
Posted 4/7/16

PrinceJudar wrote:


Hail_King_Kakao wrote:

Because it teaches our kids to be misogynists.


Don't play video games or they'll teach you to be murders! Don't watch porn or it'll teach you to be a nymph! Don't go to church or it'll teach you to hate homosexuals! Don't watch Pokemon or it'll teach you to enslave and abuse animals!

You going to censor the movies that are bad for children too so it doesn't teach bad values?

Maybe people should actually learn how to parent instead of expecting the world to do it for them.





HOLY STRAWMEN BATMAN!
13151 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Offline
Posted 4/7/16

megahobbit wrote:


sundin13 wrote:


Hail_King_Kakao wrote:

Because it teaches our kids to be misogynists.


Does it really though?


The "it teaches our kids to be misogynist" is a huge oversimplification of alot of feminists arguments. There is evidence to prove that the media we intake influences our perception of reality.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cultivation_theory


Yeah, I thought they were being serious at first so I was a little taken aback. As for cultivation theory, there is still a pretty huge gap to cross to get from "attractive/sexy woman" to anything that is actually harmful.
9551 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M
Offline
Posted 4/7/16

sundin13 wrote:


megahobbit wrote:


sundin13 wrote:


Hail_King_Kakao wrote:

Because it teaches our kids to be misogynists.


Does it really though?


The "it teaches our kids to be misogynist" is a huge oversimplification of alot of feminists arguments. There is evidence to prove that the media we intake influences our perception of reality.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cultivation_theory


Yeah, I thought they were being serious at first so I was a little taken aback. As for cultivation theory, there is still a pretty huge gap to cross to get from "attractive/sexy woman" to anything that is actually harmful.


Well depends on what you mean by "harmful".
13151 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Offline
Posted 4/7/16 , edited 4/7/16

megahobbit wrote:

Well depends on what you mean by "harmful".


Does it?

I suppose this is where the difference between "sexualization" and "oversexualization" may come in. There is a difference between a character who is attractive and a character who is a walking sex toy. Its one thing to say that "this character being attractive harms women" and another thing to say "this character being treated as sub-human harms women" (not to say that I agree with it (I don't think the research exists in a state that would allow me to say anything conclusive) just that it is a more valid position).

Since the OP mentioned it, I will say that I do not believe that Tracer being attractive and standing in a way that people think is sexy (I still don't understand that whole drama) is in any way harmful (to specify, I mean in terms of gender relations/sexism/misogyny)
7597 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Ark-La-Tex
Online
Posted 4/7/16

PrinceJudar wrote:


Don't watch Pokemon or it'll teach you to enslave and abuse animals!



I always get a kick out of this one. The world would be a much better place if real animals were treated like Pokemon.

On-topic: there's nothing wrong with a sexy hero or heroine as long as it's not their only defining feature.
22671 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 4/7/16 , edited 4/7/16

megahobbit wrote:

HOLY STRAWMEN BATMAN!


Strawman isn't a good argument. MRAs and antifeminists tend to use that obsessively as well.


geauxtigers1989 wrote:

I always get a kick out of this one. The world would be a much better place if real animals were treated like Pokemon.

On-topic: there's nothing wrong with a sexy hero or heroine as long as it's not their only defining feature.


Me too, it's a funny one.



5057 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Abyss
Offline
Posted 4/7/16

GreatLordBalzak wrote:

Sexualization is truly...



Ah, you beat me to it. Oh well, good for a laugh either way!
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.