First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
Post Reply Old video but it can happen
42489 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / New Jersey, USA
Offline
Posted 4/7/16
I'm so glad I'm not that kid's mom.
6628 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / England
Offline
Posted 4/7/16

ZavinRoyalheart wrote:

What is this kid like,12? The words he's using sound too big to me. The way he talks doesn't sound like a kid. He sounds like a small adult. I'm no doctor but I do have autism and this looks like autism. Anyway! If you actually have a real issue you don't go on Dr.Phil. People with real issues should go to a real doctor. While Phil McGraw is technically a psychologist with a PHD(I was shocked too.) he is first and foremost a television personality. People aren't going to see him once a month or once a week. He can't fix your problems. If you have a real issue go to a real psychologist or therapist where things will be private.


Autism? Really doesn't seem like it to me. If there is any autism in him, then he is very high functioning with Aspergers. Autism usually is a hindrance on speech, not an advantage.
Posted 4/7/16

Buckerss wrote:


ZavinRoyalheart wrote:

What is this kid like,12? The words he's using sound too big to me. The way he talks doesn't sound like a kid. He sounds like a small adult. I'm no doctor but I do have autism and this looks like autism. Anyway! If you actually have a real issue you don't go on Dr.Phil. People with real issues should go to a real doctor. While Phil McGraw is technically a psychologist with a PHD(I was shocked too.) he is first and foremost a television personality. People aren't going to see him once a month or once a week. He can't fix your problems. If you have a real issue go to a real psychologist or therapist where things will be private.


Autism? Really doesn't seem like it to me. If there is any autism in him, then he is very high functioning with Aspergers. Autism usually is a hindrance on speech, not an advantage.


If you're a medical doctor or have autism I want you to just ignore the next thing I'm about to say. Autism can cause an advance in speech. I have aspergers syndrome and I talked just like him when I was his age.
6628 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / England
Offline
Posted 4/7/16 , edited 4/7/16

ZavinRoyalheart wrote:

If you're a medical doctor or have autism I want you to just ignore the next thing I'm about to say. Autism can cause an advance in speech. I have aspergers syndrome and I talked just like him when I was his age.


Why should I ignore what you have to say? I do have autism and have met a lot of people with it. It doesn't mean I should ignore other peoples opinions on the subject. Especially considering you claim to apparently have aspergers. Either way I did say that if he has it then he is very high functioning with aspergers.
69881 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Oklahoma
Offline
Posted 4/7/16 , edited 4/7/16
If he's telling the truth, then his actions are likely a byproduct of abuse. Sorry, but you dun fucked up and now have a little shit who lashes back - you showed him it's okay that when you get big enough that you can pull such a stunt.

If he's lying, then there's something else triggering it. Get professional counseling, because violence/aggressive acts is only going to make him feel justified in his actions so he can attempt high-ground posturing and play for sympathy.

The last reason could be medical. When I was a child I was put on medications that really fucked me up. I still have memory loss because of it, but it also made me violent and apparently my speaking wouldn't have been out of line with this - probably sharper on the tongue. My mother still has scars from me clawing her. They said once they took me off the med that I was like a different person entirely, though I had issues with basic things like empathy and the like which took time to develop. She put up with it and never hit me, she restrained me, grounded me, but never destroyed something I enjoyed and never physically hurt me. So if you want to comment about a mother's love - one that showed years of patience through hell and back - there's one example. That doesn't even go into the amount of issues I had later in life needing surgeries and about bankrupting us . . .
42489 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / New Jersey, USA
Offline
Posted 4/7/16 , edited 4/7/16

zinjashike wrote:

If he's telling the truth, then his actions are likely a byproduct of abuse. Sorry, but you dun fucked up and now have a little shit who lashes back - you showed him it's okay that when you get big enough that you can pull such a stunt.

If he's lying, then there's something else triggering it. Get professional counseling, because violence/aggressive acts is only going to make him feel justified in his actions so he can attempt high-ground posturing and play for sympathy.

The last reason could be medical. When I was a child I was put on medications that really fucked me up. I still have memory loss because of it, but it also made me violent and apparently my speaking wouldn't have been out of line with this - probably sharper on the tongue. My mother still has scars from me clawing her. They said once they took me off the med that I was like a different person entirely, though I had issues with basic things like empathy and the like which took time to develop. She put up with it and never hit me, she restrained me, grounded me, but never destroyed something I enjoyed and never physically hurt me. So if you want to comment about a mother's love - one that showed years of patience through hell and back - there's one example. That doesn't even go into the amount of issues I had later in life needing surgeries and about bankrupting us . . .


So you would give the boy medical treatment if you were the parent?
27254 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 4/7/16
He should be hit. From what I can see, she was probably too soft early on.
42489 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / New Jersey, USA
Offline
Posted 4/7/16

Morbidhanson wrote:

He should be hit. From what I can see, she was probably too soft early on.


Parents gotta be tough with their children but also have patience as well?
69881 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Oklahoma
Offline
Posted 4/7/16

qualeshia3 wrote:


zinjashike wrote:

If he's telling the truth, then his actions are likely a byproduct of abuse. Sorry, but you dun fucked up and now have a little shit who lashes back - you showed him it's okay that when you get big enough that you can pull such a stunt.

If he's lying, then there's something else triggering it. Get professional counseling, because violence/aggressive acts is only going to make him feel justified in his actions so he can attempt high-ground posturing and play for sympathy.

The last reason could be medical. When I was a child I was put on medications that really fucked me up. I still have memory loss because of it, but it also made me violent and apparently my speaking wouldn't have been out of line with this - probably sharper on the tongue. My mother still has scars from me clawing her. They said once they took me off the med that I was like a different person entirely, though I had issues with basic things like empathy and the like which took time to develop. She put up with it and never hit me, she restrained me, grounded me, but never destroyed something I enjoyed and never physically hurt me. So if you want to comment about a mother's love - one that showed years of patience through hell and back - there's one example. That doesn't even go into the amount of issues I had later in life needing surgeries and about bankrupting us . . .


So you would give the boy medical treatment if you were the parent?


Depends on the issue. If abuse rings true family counseling. If he's lying one on one counseling. If neither seem applicable medical would be the next step.
42489 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / New Jersey, USA
Offline
Posted 4/7/16

zinjashike wrote:


qualeshia3 wrote:


zinjashike wrote:

If he's telling the truth, then his actions are likely a byproduct of abuse. Sorry, but you dun fucked up and now have a little shit who lashes back - you showed him it's okay that when you get big enough that you can pull such a stunt.

If he's lying, then there's something else triggering it. Get professional counseling, because violence/aggressive acts is only going to make him feel justified in his actions so he can attempt high-ground posturing and play for sympathy.

The last reason could be medical. When I was a child I was put on medications that really fucked me up. I still have memory loss because of it, but it also made me violent and apparently my speaking wouldn't have been out of line with this - probably sharper on the tongue. My mother still has scars from me clawing her. They said once they took me off the med that I was like a different person entirely, though I had issues with basic things like empathy and the like which took time to develop. She put up with it and never hit me, she restrained me, grounded me, but never destroyed something I enjoyed and never physically hurt me. So if you want to comment about a mother's love - one that showed years of patience through hell and back - there's one example. That doesn't even go into the amount of issues I had later in life needing surgeries and about bankrupting us . . .


So you would give the boy medical treatment if you were the parent?


Depends on the issue. If abuse rings true family counseling. If he's lying one on one counseling. If neither seem applicable medical would be the next step.


Okay then.
6090 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / US
Offline
Posted 4/7/16

qualeshia3 wrote:


Morbidhanson wrote:

He should be hit. From what I can see, she was probably too soft early on.


Parents gotta be tough with their children but also have patience as well?


He's right. A lot of times parents aren't strict enough with their children in their early years and only resort to help when it's too late and the damage has been done. They're upset and frustrated that they can't control a child they never instilled discipline and consequences into, so they lash out in rage and it often manifests itself as physical punishment and shouting. My mother made this mistake with two of her children.
42489 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / New Jersey, USA
Offline
Posted 4/7/16

ayaundwolf wrote:


qualeshia3 wrote:


Morbidhanson wrote:

He should be hit. From what I can see, she was probably too soft early on.


Parents gotta be tough with their children but also have patience as well?


He's right. A lot of times parents aren't strict enough with their children in their early years and only resort to help when it's too late and the damage has been done. They're upset and frustrated that they can't control a child they never instilled discipline and consequences into, so they lash out in rage and it often manifests itself as physical punishment and shouting. My mother made this mistake with two of her children.


True.
34924 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Florida
Offline
Posted 4/8/16
Ah, Dr. Phil, such a good anime.
1044 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
100 / M
Offline
Posted 4/8/16
dudes that is the fake version. Here is the real and unedited version. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OAIbxyWkEIo&nohtml5=False
11505 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 4/8/16

stars201 wrote:

This kid seems very spoiled.
If I were talk like that to my parents, I wouldn't see daylight for a few weeks.


But, K, we don't see daylight anyway *stares and grins with blood shot eyes*
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.