First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
Post Reply What do you think about feminism?
15947 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / Cold and High
Offline
Posted 4/14/16 , edited 4/15/16
Just posting this here from a simple bear with bearings to overcome:

Bearing - Feminist bake sale ends in rape and death threats?
https://youtu.be/fnSUEvmNxoM

also now it seems some likes to even ruin equallity events... just lol?
Like now they even go against anything..

Dr. Janice Fiamengo on "Rape Culture" -- LIVE at University of Ottawa
https://youtu.be/rOnuZsXRwTA
406 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M
Offline
Posted 4/15/16 , edited 4/15/16
i would categorize people calling themselves feminist into three groups:
1. those who truly belive in equality between genders and actually go for the real problems and fight them, "Uniters"
2. those who blame and scapegoat (the other sex) to get more power, "Matriarchal"
3. confused people with no real sense of self that cause a fuss over the tiniest of things, basically Teenagers or Adult children "Tumblr"

2 and 3 usually go hand in hand, difference is that 2 is aware of what they are doing to some extent while 3 is like a blind sheep following along.

at least thats my take on it.
15947 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / Cold and High
Offline
Posted 4/15/16

TheGreatSlurker wrote: is like a blind sheep following along.

at least thats my take on it.
and why we should have less feminists?
atleast so that those who does work for such would keep their value and pride in doing so.
Then having many minions taking it out of hand and doing their own take of whats "equal", "rights", "privilged by reasons", "needs" or "should have" like safe space, racism can't be done by them, they need more rights and something more! and more!
(while they struggle with what is really needed for others or themselfs)

406 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M
Offline
Posted 4/15/16

Freddy96NO wrote:


TheGreatSlurker wrote: is like a blind sheep following along.

at least thats my take on it.
and why we should have less feminists?
atleast so that those who does work for such would keep their value and pride in doing so.
Then having many minions taking it out of hand and doing their own take of whats "equal", "rights", "privilged by reasons", "needs" or "should have" like safe space, racism can't be done by them, they need more rights and something more! and more!
(while they struggle with what is really needed for others or themselfs)



um i'm trying to say that some people that claim to be feminists really aren't feminists, they are Matriarchal. i won't say we should have less feminists, but rather more people that are ACTUAL feminists.

i think that a big problem lies in the educational system(and the mentalities of people) in some countries, people are not taught to be independent or to question things(most of the time). we need improvements yo!

More Light should be shed on those people that actually do something rather than those who just want power and attention.


also, im sorry, but it's a bit difficult to understand what you mean, please try to work on your sentences
Posted 4/15/16 , edited 4/15/16
I think it's outdated. The name itself is a relic.

We need actual egalitarianism now. Gender equality has come a long way and I think what we need now is a step towards real equality where women's and men's issues get equal attention and neither gender is being made to be seen as victims / oppressors.
15947 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / Cold and High
Offline
Posted 4/15/16 , edited 4/15/16

TheGreatSlurker wrote:
um i'm trying to say that some people that claim to be feminists really aren't feminists
only that they can be.
but not the right one or that you would think it is like that.
As they can hold the same views, do what they think is for that and so on.
Only that it comes with some power (like a crowd, attention, media to dislike to more of short term hatred?)

406 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M
Offline
Posted 4/15/16

Freddy96NO wrote:


TheGreatSlurker wrote:
um i'm trying to say that some people that claim to be feminists really aren't feminists
only that they can be.
but not the right one or that you would think it is like that.
As they can hold the same views, do what they think is for that and so on.
Only that it comes with some power (like a crowd, attention, media to dislike to more of short term hatred?)



"Matriarchists"

people always seem to focus on the problems and not on solutions, also they seem to make it so it's all about them and their personal belief . wouldn't you agree ~

this is true Feminism https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FHUvDDjsPmM

69881 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Oklahoma
Offline
Posted 4/15/16 , edited 4/16/16

MissKittenVicious wrote:

I think it's outdated. The name itself is a relic.

We need actual egalitarianism now. Gender equality has come a long way and I think what we need now is a step towards real equality where women's and men's issues get equal attention and neither gender is being made to be seen as victims / oppressors.


Ding ding we have a winner.

My problem with current feminism is there is no win condition. They say they will focus on men's issues after there's are handled, but it's meaningless when they start creating their own issues out of thin air. If you want to solve real issues then you want rights that are egalitarian.
15947 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / Cold and High
Offline
Posted 4/15/16

zinjashike wrote:
My problem with current feminism is there is no win condition. They say they will focus on men's issues after there's are handled, but it's meaningless when they start creating their own issues out of thin air.
https://youtu.be/VCk1MufPNj8

13652 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
こ ~ じ ~ か
Offline
Posted 4/16/16
I think it is heavily tainted by professional victimhood, hopeless idiots, and toxic charlatans out to make a quick buck.
Posted 4/16/16
Green-haired hambeasts that fucked up the fabric of society.
Posted 4/16/16
Real feminists? That is the question. :c
64347 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
53 / M
Offline
Posted 4/18/16
Feminists don't want equality. Equal means that you have to carry the identical 180lb dummy down 6 flights of stairs to qualify to be a fireman. They want the title and the pay but don't really want to take the same risks. They don't even like the term Fireman. We don't even have soldiers we have warfighters, how retarded. How many women would really sign up for the military if they knew they would be front line troops? Yeah I know the lines are blurred now because rear echelon troops are almost as likely to get bombed (but not shot at).
I've seen countless women who go in the service, decide they don't like it so they get pregnant (with no means of caring for the child should she deploy) so she can get a discharge. How convenient. If only men could avoid the nasty reality of military service whenever it is convenient. Feminism is garbage. A convenient double standard.
15947 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / Cold and High
Offline
Posted 4/18/16 , edited 4/18/16

Yume_Mirai wrote:
Real feminists? That is the question. :c
nothing about real.
but one for the sake of others not themselfs or to gain "fame/rep".
or rather split them into more of first wave vs third wave.
or modern to traditional feminists.
Atleast someone doing it as a feminist but not in a "good" way but for some what the same goal or view (ideology)
1044 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
101 / F / Unknown
Offline
Posted 4/18/16
Bunch of spoiled brats... They should be thrown in third world countries so they can see what oppression is really like.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.