First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
Post Reply Did you know death....
316 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / No Where
Offline
Posted 4/14/16
Death is outnumbered by births in the world over 2 to 1 every day
http://www.worldometers.info/

at 7.4 Billion today kind of makes you wonder where our planetary resources will be at in 50 years.
10601 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Louisiana
Offline
Posted 4/14/16
A lot of things are building up. Like climate change and corruption lol. Not much we can do about it.
316 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / No Where
Offline
Posted 4/14/16
Historically we took a insane increase in population because of introduction of oil and an the industrial world. From witch without such population would never be sustainable. We went from less than 1 Billion to over 7 Billion in 100 years, always scary how often I talk to people that don't really understand just how much everything in our lives completely depends on crude oil. Plastics, every form of machinery, electronics, roads, food too toothpaste is not possible without oil. Lot of people think you just need a replacement for gasoline and diesel fuel for passenger vehicles then boom oil dependency is solved....not even remotely close.

Not much we can do at all
3318 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
41 / M / NW
Offline
Posted 4/14/16
*sets up a vender booth 50 years in the future*

"Green! Soylent Green! Get your fresh Soylent Green here!"
10601 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Louisiana
Offline
Posted 4/14/16
Yeah not many realize the world really is in a shitty place. I mean where I live is dependent on a fossil fuel industry. I'm not sure how we can have such ridiculous leaders. We do need to solve the problem of climate change and this, as it's pretty much the same problem.
Posted 4/14/16
Yeah I know that, it's kinda sad.
316 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / No Where
Offline
Posted 4/14/16
Just googling names of countries you see alot of articles these days about the outlook of some ethnicity's in there native countries projected to be nonexistent in the future (75+ years or so they usually say) because of the younger generations of said country not interested in marriage or starting families. Most nations economic conditions seem to be pretty dire so alot of people I see my age feel its fiscally irresponsible to have kids they cant afford even if they want to start a family. Alot of millennials are lucky to if to feel secure in there own future financial survival. But yet birth rates are still staggering, my cousin put it in a blunt way "Your going to see intelligent people being out bread by morons"
17777 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M / outer wall, level...
Offline
Posted 4/14/16

mxxlogk wrote:

Death is outnumbered by births in the world over 2 to 1 every day
http://www.worldometers.info/

at 7.4 Billion today kind of makes you wonder where our planetary resources will be at in 50 years.


eh, things get bad enough, wew just go to mars. its really not that hard, project orion studied it back in the 70s and found building a space ship that could make it to mars in a few weeks was possilble using micro nukes as propulsion. catch is, 10 people would die from the fall out. were talking battleship size here. i mean its not like were short of plutomium, and the the 240mm nuclear artillery they have on display at yuma YPG mangaed to cram a full nuke in a package 6x24 inches 30 years ago.
Posted 4/14/16

IllIllIIlIllIlIllIlIlIlI wrote:

A lot of things are building up. Like climate change and corruption lol. Not much we can do about it.


I'm surprised you don't type in IIIIIIIII
10601 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Louisiana
Offline
Posted 4/14/16

LaughedAtByTheGods wrote:


IllIllIIlIllIlIllIlIlIlI wrote:

A lot of things are building up. Like climate change and corruption lol. Not much we can do about it.


I'm surprised you don't type in IIIIIIIII


I thought about it lol, I tried to make my profile creepy. in a weird way
Posted 4/14/16

IllIllIIlIllIlIllIlIlIlI wrote:


LaughedAtByTheGods wrote:


IllIllIIlIllIlIllIlIlIlI wrote:

A lot of things are building up. Like climate change and corruption lol. Not much we can do about it.


I'm surprised you don't type in IIIIIIIII


I thought about it lol, I tried to make my profile creepy. in a weird way


I don't find it creepy at all, it's hilarious.

As for the topic at hand, I'm a bit worried too. How will future generations overcome rapid population growth? Medical technologies will also advance, people will live longer, fewer will die to cancer or diseases. There will be more people to sustain. Unless in the future, people suddenly not want children anymore, kind of like how before women would have 10-20 children, in present times, three is a lot of most families.
5063 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Abyss
Offline
Posted 4/14/16
Fun fact: Death is a once in a lifetime experience!

I will let myself out now...

On a serious note, we are heavily overpopulation Earth as it is right now. It is estimated that ~10 billion people will be the maximum when it comes to food production (unless we go into the heavier GMO's). All food is a GMO in one way, shape or form, but with science we can do stuff that would take hundreds of years to cross breed. Speeding up the process would be necessary.

All in all, I will be dead before then, but we either will need to start The Purge or terraform Mars. Only so much room left on Earth before shit really hits the fans.
Banned
21034 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Bundaberg, Queens...
Offline
Posted 4/14/16
and eventually it will keep going but because we will reach immortality.

by then we have a way to other planets and can inhabit them hopefully.
Banned
21034 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Bundaberg, Queens...
Offline
Posted 4/14/16

Dark_Alma wrote:

Fun fact: Death is a once in a lifetime experience!

I will let myself out now...

On a serious note, we are heavily overpopulation Earth as it is right now. It is estimated that ~10 billion people will be the maximum when it comes to food production (unless we go into the heavier GMO's). All food is a GMO in one way, shape or form, but with science we can do stuff that would take hundreds of years to cross breed. Speeding up the process would be necessary.

All in all, I will be dead before then, but we either will need to start The Purge or terraform Mars. Only so much room left on Earth before shit really hits the fans.



You plan to die before you are 60?
Realistically most of us who are young will be alive when earth hits max capacity.
5063 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Abyss
Offline
Posted 4/14/16

Ryulightorb wrote:


Dark_Alma wrote:

Fun fact: Death is a once in a lifetime experience!

I will let myself out now...

On a serious note, we are heavily overpopulation Earth as it is right now. It is estimated that ~10 billion people will be the maximum when it comes to food production (unless we go into the heavier GMO's). All food is a GMO in one way, shape or form, but with science we can do stuff that would take hundreds of years to cross breed. Speeding up the process would be necessary.

All in all, I will be dead before then, but we either will need to start The Purge or terraform Mars. Only so much room left on Earth before shit really hits the fans.



You plan to die before you are 60?
Realistically most of us who are young will be alive when earth hits max capacity.


My life expectancy is ~40. Most likely I will be dead before 60. So yea, I will most likely not be here when that happens.
First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.