First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
Post Reply Watching the rage on Domino's Australia facebook is real
20721 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Bundaberg, Queens...
Online
Posted 4/14/16 , edited 4/14/16

aeb0717 wrote:

Arguably, you were a dick. The way you phrased it makes it sound as though you look down upon her husband for "not studying enough," or something. As his wife, it's understandable that she'd take offense on his behalf. You may not have meant it that way, but, honestly, that's how it reads.




wasn't the intention i meant only to be blunt and tell her it's what he should be doing.

...i don't get why people take being blunt as rude i will never figure that out haha
665 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 4/14/16
I'd take it then destroy the tracking device
7956 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 4/14/16


Tipping delivery is expected in the US It's just a joke
20721 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Bundaberg, Queens...
Online
Posted 4/14/16

odaplaX wrote:



Tipping delivery is expected in the US It's just a joke


Good thing i don't believe in tipping
33510 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / U.S.A.
Offline
Posted 4/14/16
It's funny that your ideal society is one that reduces the labor market in the pursuit of robotics to automatize "menial jobs".

Ryulightorb wrote:

It's the future and progress to a society where menial jobs are done by robots which is a good thing.
By what standards? I just see a bunch of potential jobs being lost. While there will be some jobs created for maintenance, etc. they won't be nearly as numerous as the slots lost for waiting, cashiering, etc. Just because a job is menial doesn't change the fact that it is still a job, and some pour souls unfortunately have to life off of delivering pizzas. It's actually funny that you find this situation amusing.


The loss of jobs isn't but it allows for them to work in other areas and get an education.
Hah. With the money they make from the job they lost?


Simply refusing to progress because some people only live off of delivering pizzas is a poor decision imo.
It is your opinion, though.


I don't think it is funny at all i'm sad they won't have a job however im pushing for this to happen i want to work for a future where menial jobs are done by robots (which is part of the reason i want to be a programmer/Engineer :)
So, you empathize the potential for jobs lost, but you want to actively make it happen?
20721 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Bundaberg, Queens...
Online
Posted 4/14/16

XxDarkSasuxX wrote:

It's funny that your ideal society is one that reduces the labor market in the pursuit of robotics to automatize "menial jobs".

Ryulightorb wrote:

It's the future and progress to a society where menial jobs are done by robots which is a good thing.
By what standards? I just see a bunch of potential jobs being lost. While there will be some jobs created for maintenance, etc. they won't be nearly as numerous as the slots lost for waiting, cashiering, etc. Just because a job is menial doesn't change the fact that it is still a job, and some pour souls unfortunately have to life off of delivering pizzas. It's actually funny that you find this situation amusing.


The loss of jobs isn't but it allows for them to work in other areas and get an education.
Hah. With the money they make from the job they lost?


Simply refusing to progress because some people only live off of delivering pizzas is a poor decision imo.
It is your opinion, though.


I don't think it is funny at all i'm sad they won't have a job however im pushing for this to happen i want to work for a future where menial jobs are done by robots (which is part of the reason i want to be a programmer/Engineer :)
So, you empathize the potential for jobs lost, but you want to actively make it happen?


Jobs will be created for maintenance for said robots yes and yes some people do have to live off those jobs but that doesn't mean we shouldn't get robots to do them.

The government should be giving them a study fund ($70 a fortnight where i live) and rent assistance and a few other financial support and housing programs.

Any good country will have things setup to help those who can't work or can't find a job.

sure it's my opinion but it's also my opinion that pigs don't fly also there are benefits to having robots work some jobs.

I empathize with them yes because i understand how difficult it will make some of there lives however we didn't just not develop cars just because it was going to put the people selling carriages out of business.

I can understand there thoughts however robots WILL eventually take those menail jobs it's only a matter of time.

Now the real question is how the government and its policies will go about helping those who can't get a job and need to study to study that's the real question at hand.


I can afford to study and i'm jobless and barely have enough money to live heck i only can barely afford my sub on here.

If i can do it whilst poor as fuck due to the help of a properly structured system that helps those without jobs and those who study then so can anyone else.


Now the story would be different if your government didn't have those sorts of policies in place.



All and all those menial jobs WILL be replaced and i hope i can push that to happen in my lifetime ^^
33510 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / U.S.A.
Offline
Posted 4/14/16 , edited 4/14/16

Ryulightorb wrote:

Jobs will be created for maintenance for said robots yes and yes some people do have to live off those jobs but that doesn't mean we shouldn't get robots to do them.
You're obviously not seeing the bigger picture then.


The government should be giving them a study fund ($70 a fortnight where i live) and rent assistance and a few other financial support and housing programs.

Any good country will have things setup to help those who can't work or can't find a job.
Well, I'm not good into politics, so I can't agree or disagree here. I'd be inclined to agree but it also has the potential to be abused, as is welfare abused in the country I live in.


sure it's my opinion but it's also my opinion that pigs don't fly
... what? That's a fact, not an opinion.


also there are benefits to having robots work some jobs.
As well as numerous drawbacks.


I empathize with them yes because i understand how difficult it will make some of there lives however we didn't just not develop cars just because it was going to put the people selling carriages out of business.
That's not even a good comparison. The jobs lost for creating and selling carriages were made back with jobs made for creating and selling cars. A 1:1 trade off.


I can understand there thoughts however robots WILL eventually take those menail jobs it's only a matter of time.
Well, they might. Nothing is really definitive at this point.


The bulk of what you said afterwards is just a bunch of anecdotal evidence that you anyone can do it because you can, so skipping.


Now the story would be different if your government didn't have those sorts of policies in place.
I don't disagree.


All and all those menial jobs WILL be replaced and i hope i can push that to happen in my lifetime ^^
While I doubt it, until something is done to change my mind, I will be opposed to it. There's just some things that don't need to be replaced because they just create livelihoods for people.
7956 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 4/14/16


I wish I had that luxury. Tipping where I live is "Please don't mess with my food the next time I come here" insurance
10555 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Louisiana
Offline
Posted 4/14/16
Well I'm pretty sure the world will have some awkward period where we need basic income and we don't have enough robotic jobs.
14745 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 4/14/16

Ryulightorb wrote:
You guys need to see this it's amazing.

People are getting so pissed because of a prototype robot to deliver pizza.



Well, could be worse--They could be Amazon and dream about how neato it would be for flying drones to deliver pizza.
20721 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Bundaberg, Queens...
Online
Posted 4/14/16

odaplaX wrote:



I wish I had that luxury. Tipping where I live is "Please don't mess with my food the next time I come here" insurance


Shouldn't be like that reminds me of GradeAunderA's tipping video he suggest you do tip as it's a "please don't spit on my food please" bribe.
20721 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Bundaberg, Queens...
Online
Posted 4/14/16

XxDarkSasuxX wrote:


Ryulightorb wrote:

Jobs will be created for maintenance for said robots yes and yes some people do have to live off those jobs but that doesn't mean we shouldn't get robots to do them.
You're obviously not seeing the bigger picture then.


The government should be giving them a study fund ($70 a fortnight where i live) and rent assistance and a few other financial support and housing programs.

Any good country will have things setup to help those who can't work or can't find a job.
Well, I'm not good into politics, so I can't agree or disagree here. I'd be inclined to agree but it also has the potential to be abused, as is welfare abused in the country I live in.


sure it's my opinion but it's also my opinion that pigs don't fly
... what? That's a fact, not an opinion.


also there are benefits to having robots work some jobs.
As well as numerous drawbacks.


I empathize with them yes because i understand how difficult it will make some of there lives however we didn't just not develop cars just because it was going to put the people selling carriages out of business.
That's not even a good comparison. The jobs lost for creating and selling carriages were made back with jobs made for creating and selling cars. A 1:1 trade off.


I can understand there thoughts however robots WILL eventually take those menail jobs it's only a matter of time.
Well, they might. Nothing is really definitive at this point.


The bulk of what you said afterwards is just a bunch of anecdotal evidence that you anyone can do it because you can, so skipping.


Now the story would be different if your government didn't have those sorts of policies in place.
I don't disagree.


All and all those menial jobs WILL be replaced and i hope i can push that to happen in my lifetime ^^
While I doubt it, until something is done to change my mind, I will be opposed to it. There's just some things that don't need to be replaced because they just create livelihoods for people.




I do see the bigger picture and it's not as bad as everyone thinks maintenance jobs will exist jobs will be created to fix and service the robots people can work those and the rest can study that's the big picture

Yes it can be abused but so can many other systems heck free healthcare can be abused doesn't mean we shouldn't have it.

My point is it's not just an opinion refusing to advance due to a problem that can be solved in other ways is VERY STUPID.

Yes there are drawbacks but there are just as many benefits and as we progress more and more those benefits will outweigh the drawbacks which is why it shouldn't just be a full on switchover but a slow progessive switchover.


Fine you are right that is a 1:1 trade off and you are right however my point still stands that it will be difficult but there are solutions and it's inevitable for this to happen so it is up to the government of every country for when this does happen to start planning ahead to help its citizens.

You are right nothing is definitive but i believe it will happen whether we like it or not there is a higher chance of it happening then not.
Also you are right my evidence is anecdotal but under proper policies anyone should be able to afford to study and live.


That's fine if you want to oppose it but i'm going to work towards it happening and dedicate my life to a future like that among my other goals of seeing humanity reach life extension etc.

All in all this can go right and be a great thing or it could be bad it really all depends on how its put in place and what is done to help those who at the moment require those jobs to go on.

To be fair i wouldn't be opposed to saying it's a smarter idea to not replace humans until we have the ability and means to do so without harming others that is the best solution i do believe.
5960 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 4/14/16
What I'm getting from the link is that Domino's Australia wants to use robots to deliver some pizzas, and use human-powered vehicles (bicycles) to deliver the rest.

Sounds like Domino's hates people to me.
20721 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Bundaberg, Queens...
Online
Posted 4/14/16

cyberfaust wrote:

What I'm getting from the link is that Domino's Australia wants to use robots to deliver some pizzas, and use human-powered vehicles (bicycles) to deliver the rest.

Sounds like Domino's hates people to me.



....not going to lie i'm going to be using the robot quite abit when its available here due to the fact that i hate dealing with people in person.
33510 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / U.S.A.
Offline
Posted 4/14/16

Ryulightorb wrote:

I do see the bigger picture
No you don't.


and it's not as bad as everyone thinks maintenance jobs will exist jobs will be created to fix and service the robots people can work those and the rest can study that's the big picture
Lel. It's not like every person is getting a pet robot to go work for them and they will be trained to fix it when something goes wrong. For every few robots that get produced you will have a person whose job it is to go out and fix them. It's still cutting into way more jobs then it is creating for no benefit towards anyone that isn't the owner of the business that owns the robots.


Yes it can be abused but so can many other systems heck free healthcare can be abused doesn't mean we shouldn't have it.
Again, not really that great in politics but I'm pretty sure government funded systems are backed by taxes that come out of paychecks. Would less jobs not make such systems harder to maintain?


My point is it's not just an opinion refusing to advance due to a problem that can be solved in other ways is VERY STUPID.
Automizing waiter/waitress and cashier jobs isn't really advancing anything so


Yes there are drawbacks but there are just as many benefits
such as?


Fine you are right that is a 1:1 trade off and you are right however my point still stands
acknowledging that my point hit home means that you acknowledge that my point counteracts your point, so, no, your point doesn't still stand.


it's inevitable for this to happen
No it's not.


You are right nothing is definitive
You trollin'? You just said that it's inevitable.


Also you are right my evidence is anecdotal but under proper policies anyone should be able to afford to study and live.
That's just not how it works.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.