First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
Post Reply Watching the rage on Domino's Australia facebook is real
20927 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Bundaberg, Queens...
Offline
Posted 4/14/16 , edited 4/14/16

XxDarkSasuxX wrote:


Ryulightorb wrote:

I do see the bigger picture
No you don't.


and it's not as bad as everyone thinks maintenance jobs will exist jobs will be created to fix and service the robots people can work those and the rest can study that's the big picture
Lel. It's not like every person is getting a pet robot to go work for them and they will be trained to fix it when something goes wrong. For every few robots that get produced you will have a person whose job it is to go out and fix them. It's still cutting into way more jobs then it is creating for no benefit towards anyone that isn't the owner of the business that owns the robots.


Yes it can be abused but so can many other systems heck free healthcare can be abused doesn't mean we shouldn't have it.
Again, not really that great in politics but I'm pretty sure government funded systems are backed by taxes that come out of paychecks. Would less jobs not make such systems harder to maintain?


My point is it's not just an opinion refusing to advance due to a problem that can be solved in other ways is VERY STUPID.
Automizing waiter/waitress and cashier jobs isn't really advancing anything so


Yes there are drawbacks but there are just as many benefits
such as?


Fine you are right that is a 1:1 trade off and you are right however my point still stands
acknowledging that my point hit home means that you acknowledge that my point counteracts your point, so, no, your point doesn't still stand.


it's inevitable for this to happen
No it's not.


You are right nothing is definitive
You trollin'? You just said that it's inevitable.


Also you are right my evidence is anecdotal but under proper policies anyone should be able to afford to study and live.
That's just not how it works.


1.I do see the bigger picture but if you think i don't then you can have that opinion.

2. Yes and that is a problem if those people have no other way to sustain themselves which is why at the moment this isn't viable and won't be for a long time.

3. The more you earn the higher the taxes for one so alot of the tax money would come from those business's making more then ever because if any government was reasonable they would tax the business owners a bit more but yes there will need to be a way to sustain the system as i said though it's not viable yet but eventually it will be.

4. I disagree removing the human element out of it so you don't have to interact with another human is an advancement in itself.
Plus not only is it more efficient for the companies which is a big reason to why alot of companies will probably end up automating the jobs we work now.

5. well for one it's less costly for the business the only real drawbacks over having a machine over a human is that the human is out of the job.
The machine would be able to function better (otherwise it wouldn't be replacing the job).

A cleaning robot would be able to function at all times and not require sleep and pay like a human would basically alot of things that use people could be automated and then those people would be free to work in other areas where they are needed but as i said above this relys on a way for them to live without said job so it won't happen any time soon.

6. the point i made of them needing to plan ahead does still stand

7. it's inevitable that alot of jobs will be taken by robots how long? who knows but eventually alot will because as society grows our technology will.
Just like life extension is inevitable robots taking alot of jobs will happen it's only a matter of when and how.

8. No i'm not trolling i should have said it's not definitive to happen any time soon.

9. Well sorry to burst your bubble but if you are getting enough money to afford to study and live from the government like i and alot of people i know are doing you can study.

Proper policies and taxing would allow a system like in my country to exist.

I get $550 a fortnight for College,Food,Rent and when paced out and living with other people that's enough to get me through the fortnight.

Many other people are doing the same thing as i am and not working a job and focusing on there studies.

If i and others can do it why can't anyone else?


Honestly college isn't even that expensive it's only $40-300 a course for the whole year and that gives you the requisites to work jobs that pay $40-50k a year.

Not to mention if you go by an employment agency you can get work experience at the job you want and the employment agency will pay you for doing that via funds allocated by the government.

There is alot in place where i live to ensure that you can survive without a job...not comfortably but you can survive.

Honestly between all of the funds the government can set you up with if you are jobless or in my case i get a tiny bit more due to being disabled finding a job isn't really a worry unless your trying to make a living and live comfortably focusing on study is alot better.


In the end you are welcome to your opinion and i have my own if you don't agree with my points then so be it this isn't worth arguing about as nothing is for certain anytime soon.

All in all i hope this trend of self service counters and ordering via touchscreen at mcdonalds and robotic delivery keeps up as it is at the moment because it's really nice in my opinion and i would rather have a robot deliver my meal to me then another person
33510 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / U.S.A.
Offline
Posted 4/14/16 , edited 4/14/16

Ryulightorb wrote:

3. The more you earn the higher the taxes for one so alot of the tax money would come from those business's making more then ever because if any government was reasonable they would tax the business owners a bit more but yes there will need to be a way to sustain the system as i said though it's not viable yet but eventually it will be.
Lel. You don't just place more taxes on higher end income earners because you can't tax the people who lost their jobs.


4. I disagree removing the human element out of it so you don't have to interact with another human is an advancement in itself.
No it isn't.


Plus not only is it more efficient for the companies which is a big reason to why alot of companies will probably end up automating the jobs we work now.
Yes, it makes the businesses a lot more money than paying for human labor. You are literally advocating that because it's better for a few people it's an advancement.


5. well for one it's less costly for the business the only real drawbacks over having a machine over a human is that the human is out of the job.
derp


A cleaning robot would be able to function at all times and not require sleep and pay like a human would basically alot of things that use people could be automated and then those people would be free to work in other areas
Yes, typically a person becomes a janitor because they love cleaning to the point that they decided it would be their ideal career choice.


7. it's inevitable that alot of jobs will be taken by robots how long? who knows but eventually alot will because as society grows our technology will.
Doesn't mean jobs are going to be replaced by robots xD Not sure where this connection is being made.

Anything skipped is just an assertion that you failed to counter and, therefore, got ignored.
10633 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Rabbit Horse
Offline
Posted 4/14/16

Ryulightorb wrote:
3. The more you earn the higher the taxes for one so alot of the tax money would come from those business's making more then ever because if any government was reasonable they would tax the business owners a bit more but yes there will need to be a way to sustain the system as i said though it's not viable yet but eventually it will be.


http://time.com/4292493/oxfam-report-tax-haven/

real life isn't as how you wish it would be.
20927 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Bundaberg, Queens...
Offline
Posted 4/14/16

XxDarkSasuxX wrote:


Ryulightorb wrote:

3. The more you earn the higher the taxes for one so alot of the tax money would come from those business's making more then ever because if any government was reasonable they would tax the business owners a bit more but yes there will need to be a way to sustain the system as i said though it's not viable yet but eventually it will be.
Lel. You don't just place more taxes on higher end income earners because you can't tax the people who lost their jobs.


4. I disagree removing the human element out of it so you don't have to interact with another human is an advancement in itself.
No it isn't.


Plus not only is it more efficient for the companies which is a big reason to why alot of companies will probably end up automating the jobs we work now.
Yes, it makes the businesses a lot more money than paying for human labor. You are literally advocating that because it's better for a few people it's an advancement.


5. well for one it's less costly for the business the only real drawbacks over having a machine over a human is that the human is out of the job.
derp


A cleaning robot would be able to function at all times and not require sleep and pay like a human would basically alot of things that use people could be automated and then those people would be free to work in other areas
Yes, typically a person becomes a janitor because they love cleaning to the point that they decided it would be their ideal career choice.


7. it's inevitable that alot of jobs will be taken by robots how long? who knows but eventually alot will because as society grows our technology will.
Doesn't mean jobs are going to be replaced by robots xD Not sure where this connection is being made.

Anything skipped is just an assertion that you failed to counter and, therefore, got ignored.



1. then who do you tax?

2. yes it is but that is your opinion.

3. yes and i want it to be like that so i will help it b ecome like that.

4. derp?

5. if they don't like cleaning then they should study in there time off to change jobs or get government support to study.

There is no reason they can't study.

6. I didn't skip anything atleast not that i can see.

we obviously just won't agree with eachothers opinions so lets not waste our time you work for a world like you want it but i'm going to dedicate my life to have the world how i want it and have more robots in the workplace.

I hope 10 years from now i can get robot service over humans in most places but that's wishful thinking but it would be amazing.
33510 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / U.S.A.
Offline
Posted 4/14/16

Ryulightorb wrote:

1. then who do you tax?
Exactly the problem of your master plan.


5. if they don't like cleaning then they should study in there time off to change jobs or get government support to study.
They can't.


There is no reason they can't study.
The reason for most people would be because they are living paycheck to paycheck with a shitty minimum wage job. Not really much room for advancement with the system we have.


but that's wishful thinking
At least you recognize it.
18746 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F
Offline
Posted 4/14/16
it wont last for long, people will steal the robot, not the pizza LOL
14777 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 4/14/16

redokami wrote:

it wont last for long, people will steal the robot, not the pizza LOL


A human deliverer would KNOW when a frat-prank delivery was being faked.
Then again, a robot you could stiff on the tip when it was.
20927 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Bundaberg, Queens...
Offline
Posted 4/14/16

XxDarkSasuxX wrote:


Ryulightorb wrote:

1. then who do you tax?
Exactly the problem of your master plan.


5. if they don't like cleaning then they should study in there time off to change jobs or get government support to study.
They can't.


There is no reason they can't study.
The reason for most people would be because they are living paycheck to paycheck with a shitty minimum wage job. Not really much room for advancement with the system we have.


but that's wishful thinking
At least you recognize it.


Why can't they if i can do it without a job what is there excuse?

The government will give them the money to study like they do me.


I had two choices living paycheck to paycheck working fulltime or studying which the government pays me for.

Most people make the first choice i decided to pick the second because i don't want to work a dead end job.

Is it not like that in other countries because if not that fucking sucks and is messed up
20927 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Bundaberg, Queens...
Offline
Posted 4/14/16

namealreadytaken wrote:


Ryulightorb wrote:
3. The more you earn the higher the taxes for one so alot of the tax money would come from those business's making more then ever because if any government was reasonable they would tax the business owners a bit more but yes there will need to be a way to sustain the system as i said though it's not viable yet but eventually it will be.


http://time.com/4292493/oxfam-report-tax-haven/

real life isn't as how you wish it would be.


Yeah sadly this is a problem in itself that needs to be fixed up but you are right it isn't how we would like it to be.

13652 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
こ ~ じ ~ か
Offline
Posted 4/14/16
I'm getting rather annoyed at OP's confusion of "alot" and "a lot."

I'd also like to point out that for most in the US, working their way through college/university (note, in the US, the terms are used interchangeably) is a fact of life. Higher education ain't free here, and no matter how poor you are, there simply aren't enough programs to give you a free ride. Even getting the maximum benefits, you'll still be on the hook for thousands each year.

And what sort of jobs do these students get? Exactly the ones that OP wants to have robots take over.

Maybe in AU or Europe it might be possible to live off the government while schooling, but not here.
20927 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Bundaberg, Queens...
Offline
Posted 4/14/16

evilotakuneko wrote:

I'm getting rather annoyed at OP's confusion of "alot" and "a lot."

I'd also like to point out that for most in the US, working their way through college/university (note, in the US, the terms are used interchangeably) is a fact of life. Higher education ain't free here, and no matter how poor you are, there simply aren't enough programs to give you a free ride. Even getting the maximum benefits, you'll still be on the hook for thousands each year.

And what sort of jobs do these students get? Exactly the ones that OP wants to have robots take over.

Maybe in AU or Europe it might be possible to live off the government while schooling, but not here.


I can tell the difference I'm just lazy heh

But yeah if it is like that in America then you guys are screwed if and when they start using robots.

You think America being such a "great" country wouldn't be behind in such things :/
7785 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / U.S.A California
Offline
Posted 4/14/16
I think this is great. Like the OP I do think its pretty funny these people are getting mad at a business for building a robot to deliver its food. However, I can see the point some people are making. In the long run I believe that the world will eventually use robots for way more menial tasks than it does now. Yes, this can make people lose its jobs but you have to look at it from a business perspective, buy a one time robot and simply hire a guy to do preventive maintenance once every six months or pay a man wages every day of the week. The robot is cheaper. There is no advantage to a business hiring a human unless the machine that is replacing them is very high maintenance, and menial tasks such as this one are not going to be more costly than delivery men's wages. If you look at it like this you can see that robots will end up replacing things if they are created and the business will attempt to create them. No arguing of the consequences or morality of this decision, its just what I believe will happen as it seems to be the clearly dominant strategy when it comes to small easy to do tasks.

Now, here is the part where I talk about the after effects. The robots will replace people, jobs for maintenance will be created. These maintenance jobs are not low paying jobs like pizza delivery however, (Though that might just be because most machines now are to complex) these jobs will pay well I believe. The cost reduction to business will overall probably lead to lower prices for products or services. You, the business, are no longer paying wages to a human being, you are making more money because of this. This new income will allow for lowering prices as one, say pizza delivery, business will lower their rates a small margin to get more people to buy from them than their competitors. Their competitors will see this and compete somehow. Eventually we will reach the Nash Equilibrium, the point at which no player can improve their standing any further. The price going down will overall help everyone (Though the lost jobs will probably offset the overall gain society gets). A lot of people that are against replacing people with robots are looking for the social solution. I think the problem here is a business is not a social venture. Call me heartless, but if I was running a business and I could cut spending by 5% or more by getting robots and firing all my minimum wage workers I would do it. Morality and what is good for everyone else mean nothing in this world. Instead of arguing about the loss of jobs it would be better to try and change peoples mindsets on making profit or find a solution to the problem without stopping technological advances.

Okay, finally my view on the robots. I am all for it. Robots have come a long way and making robots that clean and replace janitors and maids would be great. I can get the luxury of not cleaning myself or hiring a maid at home, and business can cut costs on cleaning people in favor of robots. Overall, I see this as a great opportunity. The more robots can do the less we humans have to focus on it so we can move on to more important things. I believe thinking is were all the work will be found. Stopping convenience for some in favor of others is dumb. Yes, I know some people need money and can only find jobs like operating the cash register, but simply because some will lose out is not a good reason to stop others from benefiting. Many consumers will benefit from the price drops (Assuming my above assumptions are correct) and the business will make more money as they are paying less people. Jobs will be made in the creation process of these machines and the maintenance of the machines. It may not be enough (probably wont) but still the world is full of wins and losses. Not everyone can win, and no one is satisfied with a tie.
64910 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M / Seattle
Offline
Posted 4/14/16
Pizza delivery robots, now that's quite something to make Domino's stand out. Seeing that pizza delivery is one of the most dangerous jobs in America with the widespread presence of fake addresses and other stuff that it certainly could have its usefulness. But it's not exactly the most practical thing at the moment.
Posted 4/15/16

Ryulightorb wrote:


LaughedAtByTheGods wrote:

I'd be too scared someone will steal my pizza.


The machine in question has it locked inside until it gets to the place and has cameras on it etc so it can catch and thieves or vandalizers on tape :o!


What if it gets hit by lightning? What if a kid decided to keep it as his toy? What if it gets hacked?

So many reasons to rely on human drivers instead.
11622 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
40 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 4/15/16

LaughedAtByTheGods wrote:


Ryulightorb wrote:


LaughedAtByTheGods wrote:

I'd be too scared someone will steal my pizza.


The machine in question has it locked inside until it gets to the place and has cameras on it etc so it can catch and thieves or vandalizers on tape :o!


What if it gets hit by lightning? What if a kid decided to keep it as his toy? What if it gets hacked?

So many reasons to rely on human drivers instead.


Or someone just shoots it down for shits and giggles.

I'd do it lol.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.