First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
Post Reply An anime to help someone with a broken heart.
1278 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / M / My Secret Hideout
Offline
Posted 4/17/16
I know this is really vague and I know it will probably be very subjective. I also don't know if there is a specific genre that would be best for this kind of thing. Just anything that might help someone feel better, or has helped you pull through a time like this in your life.

Thank you guys.

33510 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / U.S.A.
Offline
Posted 4/17/16
Fullmetal Alchemist. Taught me to not give up.
10637 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Rabbit Horse
Online
Posted 4/17/16
can't you one-punch broken hearts?

anyways, i would recommend light comedies like
Nichijou
kiniromosaic
Yuyushiki
Nichibro

for something that will make you laugh, or at least grin a bit.
maybe also chill series like
Kobato
Aria
32336 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / St.Louis - USA
Online
Posted 4/17/16
Hand them a knife and tell them to watch School Days.

1278 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / M / My Secret Hideout
Offline
Posted 4/17/16

namealreadytaken wrote:

can't you one-punch broken hearts?

anyways, i would recommend light comedies like
Nichijou
kiniromosaic
Yuyushiki
Nichibro

for something that will make you laugh, or at least grin a bit.
maybe also chill series like
Kobato
Aria


I got my heart one punched ahah thanks ill look into kiniromosaic sounds nice
1278 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / M / My Secret Hideout
Offline
Posted 4/17/16

CKD-Anime wrote:

Hand them a knife and tell them to watch School Days.



isn't School Days super violent, not a very violent person
10637 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Rabbit Horse
Online
Posted 4/17/16
from what i heard, School Days is a pretty dark, psychological drama that makes you cringe at every episode until the very last one.
One Punch Mod
85933 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Boston-ish
Offline
Posted 4/17/16 , edited 4/17/16

The_Saitama wrote:

I know this is really vague and I know it will probably be very subjective. I also don't know if there is a specific genre that would be best for this kind of thing. Just anything that might help someone feel better, or has helped you pull through a time like this in your life.

Thank you guys.



Moved this to Advice, Info, Recommendations.

Yeah, hard to know. Is lighthearted distraction best? Or a heavy dose of darkness to lead to catharsis? A compelling story that doesn't involve romance much but doesn't need it because there's so much else in life anyway? A successful romance to keep hopes up (or will it just cause pain?)

I'm not sure I've got suggestions for all of those possibilities but here are a couple.

My standby all-occasion recommendations:

Tonari no Seki-kun - ten-minute time-killing doses of pure fun, for distraction

Gankutsuou - compelling story with a revenge theme but not romance

A couple of other things:

My Love Story - stupidly cheerful comic romance

Mushi-shi - good for chillin'
10637 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Rabbit Horse
Online
Posted 4/17/16
some mushi-shi episodes are pretty dark though. remember that dream episode >.>
1278 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / M / My Secret Hideout
Offline
Posted 4/17/16

lorreen wrote:


The_Saitama wrote:

I know this is really vague and I know it will probably be very subjective. I also don't know if there is a specific genre that would be best for this kind of thing. Just anything that might help someone feel better, or has helped you pull through a time like this in your life.

Thank you guys.



Moved this to Advice, Info, Recommendations.

Yeah, hard to know. Is lighthearted distraction best? Or a heavy dose of darkness to lead to catharsis? A compelling story that doesn't involve romance much but doesn't need it because there's so much else in life anyway? A successful romance to keep hopes up (or will it just cause pain?)

I'm not sure I've got suggestions for all of those possibilities but here are a couple.

My standby all-occasion recommendations:

Tonari no Seki-kun - ten-minute time-killing doses of pure fun, for distraction

Gankutsuou - compelling story with a revenge theme but not romance

My Love Story - stupidly cheerful comic romance

Mushi-shi - good for chillin'


Thank you for moving this to Advice, Info, Recommendations. You're the best thank you for the recommendations ill end up watching them all now that ive got so much time on my hands
7425 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
48 / M / New England, USA
Offline
Posted 4/17/16
25075 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / [ ᴄʟᴀssɪғɪᴇᴅ ]
Offline
Posted 4/18/16

I second "Non Non Biyori" & "Tonari no Seki-kun: The Master of Killing Time"..... and I'll throw in "Tsuritama" & "Barakamon" to the mix.
4476 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
My house
Offline
Posted 4/25/16
It's a romance so I don't know how good it will help but
Sakurasou no pet na kanojo is possibly one of the funniest anime's I've ever seen
also
Watemote
I can't understand what my husband is saying?
Free! Eternal summer (if its a girl)
Ano natsu de matteru (its a romance where the guy gets a broken heart at the end so I don't know how much that will help other than its super funny imo)
Toradora (romance but also super funny doesn't become romantic until the end)
Hanasaku Iroha
Haikyu!!

Iucky 
72 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / 東京
Offline
Posted 4/27/16
pretty sure school days is just a meme now honestly lol
49485 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Colorado
Offline
Posted 4/29/16
I would suggest the following:
My little monster
Say "I love You"
Natsuyuki Rendezvous - favorite!
Natsume Yujin-cho Shi
Ristorante Paradiso
Nagi no Asukara (A Lull in the Sea)
First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.