First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
Post Reply Do you Identify Posters Gender by their profile picture up top left side?
22667 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 4/22/16

Frenzify wrote:
I need to get my feminine voice down so I can get free shit in games, and have guys defend me, like lowly peasants.

In all seriousness that sounds like a real drag if it'll constantly happen.


Some women certainly enjoy it. I prefer attention for my skills. I'd rather have genuine buddies than a bunch of groveling knights.



16821 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Hoosierville
Offline
Posted 4/22/16

F40PH wrote:

I just assume everyone is a dude unless they say otherwise.


13885 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 4/22/16
I pick my avatars based on what I like, I never cared about gender. I also asume that everyone is a troll until proven otherwise and trolling knows no gender.
2406 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / NY
Offline
Posted 4/22/16 , edited 4/22/16
Is it weird to say that I don't even care what gender Anonymous Internet User X is half the time?

Like unless it's gender-related discussion, and I'd maybe like a point of reference, I don't entirely care to ask.

And as a more direct answer to the gender of an avatar.....a lot of times it's just a freakin character, man. Probably one they admire. That's about the long and short of it in my mind. lol
7956 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 4/22/16

F40PH wrote:

I just assume everyone is a dude unless they say otherwise.


This
Posted 4/22/16
I USED TO USE FEMALES ONLY AS MY AVATAR, AND ONES THAT MAY LOOK A BIT LIKE ME BUT LATELY I'VE BEEN OPENING UP MYSELF TO ALSO USE MALE CHARACTERS AND WHAT NOT.
8401 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 4/22/16
I use gender neutral pronouns so I don't have to waste energy pondering what some random person's gender is on the net.

No telling what people get looking at my own avatar.
23469 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Iowa >.>
Offline
Posted 4/30/16
I don't pay attention to gender even in games, I don't care if their male or female, I just want them to play with me also I picked my avatar cause I though it was cute
715 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M
Offline
Posted 4/30/16 , edited 4/30/16
Nope, pfp can mean anything lmfao
6073 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 4/30/16
Ah no I use the little letter next to it that tells me what gender they are.
2301 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
42 / M
Offline
Posted 4/30/16
No because lots of guys use female gif's and pictures. I do, need to make sure I do have myself marked as male lol. I couldn't find any good male one's I liked plus the anime girls are just way cuter and better to look at. I also haven't watched near as much anime as I like and I was trying to pick a person who was on the insane side plus I really really like Shinya Banba from Riddle Story of Devil. I do make it a point to say I'm a guy pretty often though. It's kind of the same reason you see so many guys playing female toons in mmo's. They're just better to look at, especially if you're going to be staring at the screen for hours.

I never assume anything online and until I know I try to stay as vague as possible. Instead of referring to someone as she or he I'll say they lol.
2301 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
42 / M
Offline
Posted 4/30/16

Snakedoctor15 wrote:

I do it unconsciously but usually the person has their gender marked under their name.

Guess I'd probably be one of the people confusing you


Wow, thanks for that. I just noticed I have not filled out my profile yet lol. I at least got the gender part so people can now see it under my picture/profile. I've been being lazy I guess. Honestly I didn't even realize it showed people's gender under their portrait until I read this.
5906 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / England
Offline
Posted 4/30/16

JanusCascade wrote:

There one I thought was female due to female picture at top left, and I have male profile and I assumed everyone know I'm male.

But I found out She is a He! =0 I was like why did you have female picture?

I was wondering do you also Identify them this way?

I'm not like PV, looking around for female to add them to friends list like a prevert! :p j/k

I remembered when I played online game, I was told all Female characters are Male, and all Male characters are Female! I told them that is excellent way for those who have bf/gf to have opposite Gender so that way they won't get hit on! XD Due to having jealous Gf/Bf.


i have a female as my picture.... i am a man... so why do i have a cat girl as my picture?

you gone learn today

1: i f*cking love cat girls
2: Coconut is best girl if you disagree then you're wrong
3: i like the f*cking picture
33051 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Texas
Offline
Posted 4/30/16
I don't know, does everyone perceive me as a female even though I'm male?
8138 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F / Canada
Offline
Posted 4/30/16
it all depends really. i'm female, and i use a female picture. i know plenty of guys who use female pictures. it really doesn't matter to me, but i've always identified the person as their avatar. i know you're a human, but my brain associates 'RandomUser123' with their picture of a tree, or a cat, or an anime character. what they look like or gender is offline doesn't matter to me.

regarding the gaming thing, again, doesn't matter. i usually play females more than males, but i do play the occasional male character. plus i made a character in a game my boyfriend has since claimed as his own since i stopped playing and it's female. whatever works for you really.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.