Post Reply Decided to get premium plus but...
11582 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / South Dakota
Offline
Posted 4/23/16
Is it any worth to me? How does the contest stuff work?

It also mentions on getting goodie bags and what not. Do I get those in conventions or something? (which sadly I don't really go to those all that much). I more or less got premium plus cause I like the lightning bolt and I wanted to keep my membership going
One Punch Mod
85925 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Boston-ish
Offline
Posted 4/23/16 , edited 4/23/16

GamerGod351 wrote:

Is it any worth to me? How does the contest stuff work?

It also mentions on getting goodie bags and what not. Do I get those in conventions or something? (which sadly I don't really go to those all that much). I more or less got premium plus cause I like the lightning bolt and I wanted to keep my membership going


Moved this to the Advice, Info, Recommendations forum.

I'll be honest. If I weren't a moderator getting Premium Plus for free, I'd just be paying for regular premium. I'm not interested in contests, I don't shop much in the Store, and I rarely go to conventions and goodie bags just mean I'd end with stuff I don't particularly want taking up space. (Access to a Crunchyroll lounge for the one I did go to was nice though--but I don't think they have that at every con).

I think being willing to pay more just to give the extra support and get a lightning bolt is a perfectly fine reason for getting it.
11582 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / South Dakota
Offline
Posted 4/23/16

lorreen wrote:


GamerGod351 wrote:

Is it any worth to me? How does the contest stuff work?

It also mentions on getting goodie bags and what not. Do I get those in conventions or something? (which sadly I don't really go to those all that much). I more or less got premium plus cause I like the lightning bolt and I wanted to keep my membership going


Moved this to the Advice, Info, Recommendations forum.

I'll be honest. If I weren't a moderator getting Premium Plus for free, I'd just be paying for regular premium. I'm not interested in contests, I don't shop much in the Store, and I rarely go to conventions and goodie bags just mean I'd end with stuff I don't particularly want taking up space. (Access to a Crunchyroll lounge for the one I did go to was nice though--but I don't think they have that at every con).

I think being willing to pay more just to give the extra support and get a lightning bolt is a perfectly fine reason for getting it.


Alright, so mostly the extra stuff is con related and contest stuff. I do like this website though, I like to support it for a few months since I now have the funds for it but since I live in an area to where cons don't exist much (especially since crunchy doesn't really support any area to where I live) I might just get out of the premium if it takes too much to handle when it comes to my funds.

Thanks for the advice though!
F40PH 
36627 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 4/23/16
Its worth it if you hate ads as much as I do. Plus you get to support anime creators.
19466 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
43 / M / Finland
Offline
Posted 4/24/16 , edited 4/24/16

F40PH wrote:

Its worth it if you hate ads as much as I do. Plus you get to support anime creators.

This. That is basically the reason I have a sub here. Ads are a no-show whether logged in or logged out, and the stuff on here I watch/read not here.

If you we're a non-US person(like me) I'd say the 'Plus' is virtually useless to you aside from perhaps beta features(personally I have it despite that fact). But if your intend is to show support and have the means for it, why not. Retaining the lightning bolt is a completely fine reason as Lorreen already expressed, there's no judging people's tastes and there's definitely plenty of stranger ones...

Though I have to say, in terms of show of support the sub is comparatively bare-bones; In terms of cost, a 'Plus' sub for a year here would afford you approximately a single limited edition anime volume imported from Japan with two episodes in it (whereas a regular sub would net you the regular edition of that same volume) going by the current prices. Or a single anime figure(1/8 scale). Or 2-3 artbooks...
You must be logged in to post.