First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
Post Reply How important is acceptance in society?
20911 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Bundaberg, Queens...
Offline
Posted 4/26/16 , edited 4/28/16

peaka10 wrote:


Ryulightorb wrote:


Daisuki-Suki wrote:

Depends on the society. In asian societies, conformity is important, if you deviate from mainstream society, you're look down on. It's important to act like one cohesive unit.

Though, I personally don't think it's wrong wanting to be accepted for who you are but that's completely subjective...



It's like that in most societies.

Personally i hate pretending to be normal and act as myself and when possible try to avoid being normal since i dislike it may.

People look down on me for that and it's pathetic it shows how pitiful society is.

I'm getting blue hair dye in my hair on thursday (i love the colour blue) and i pretty much can't wait for people to criticize me on a personal choice because it's not the norm /s



when you say act normal what do you mean by that???

When I'm outside having to deal with my autism the main goal Is to recognize peoples emotions and study there words and body motions in order to find a response.

I have to concentrate on what they want to say and not whatever topic my brain is focused on (even if there boring you).

regulate your emotions and avoid strong stimuli (T_T you can't show your in pain).

acting normal is exhausting.

There is normal in the sense of lying to yourself and then there is normal in the sense of being considerate .

There is a fine line between the two.




pretty much what you just summed up first.

I have gotten to the point where i can't deal with the stress (stress is slowly killing me esspecialy since i eat to cope) so i don't be considerate (normal) anymore because the stress of doing so was literally driving me towards death :/
12005 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 4/26/16 , edited 4/28/16
This is my first forum post ever guys!

Q. So, tell me how important is acceptance in society?
A. I believe the importance of acceptance is unique to the individual.

Q. Should we accept ourselves or be accepted by society?
A. I have issue with this question. The question implies that if we accept ourselves then we can't be accepted by society. I'm sure I'm reading too far into the wording, would you mind rephrasing?

Q. Is it wrong to want someone to accept you for who you are when you should accept yourself?
A. It is not wrong to want someone to accept you for who you are, in my opinion. As for the other half of this question, I'm not sure what you mean by saying "when you should accept yourself" in the context of the question. Are you asking if you should change who you are to gain acceptance of someone? If so, my answer would be it depends on how important it is to you that person likes you.
27282 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 4/27/16 , edited 4/28/16
neither one is wrong but honestly you gotta accept yourself before others accept you fully or just in general. Everything starts with yourself.
16755 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F
Offline
Posted 4/27/16 , edited 4/28/16



Daisuki-Suki wrote:

pretty much what you just summed up first.

I have gotten to the point where i can't deal with the stress (stress is slowly killing me esspecialy since i eat to cope) so i don't be considerate (normal) anymore because the stress of doing so was literally driving me towards death :/


The goal is to recognize when your stressed and remove yourself from the situation.
If you get too stressed fight or flight will kick in leaving you with a meltdown or a shutdown.

* There is nothing worse then feeling you have no control over your body.*

I found that playing chess helped a lot (you learn to think one step ahead to avoid the stress).

wish shops would get rid of them old tube tellies for flat screens (the high pitch hum of the old tellies tubes hurts my ears).
2293 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
42 / M
Offline
Posted 4/27/16 , edited 4/28/16
I don't accept the fact that you don't accept me. I like to be a bit aggressive when it comes to my acceptance.

All joking aside I completely agree with all the wonderful statements that if you can't first accept and love yourself then you can't expect others to accept you. Whether we like it or not acceptance is very important in society. Even the outcasts have their groups or clique's. We all want to belong somewhere, to somebody and we all have people we either like, admire, look up to or just want to be closer to. It's easier for people you don't like because then you can justify the fact that they don't like you because I don't like them either. When it's someone you like who doesn't like you that can be a bit harder especially if you don't know why this person doesn't seem to accept you.

I'd love to say it doesn't matter what other people think but that's not true. In the deepest, darkest depths of our hearts it matters and it matters greatly. Even us major introverts have people we want to be accepted by. I don't care what anyone thinks about me.....as long as it's nothing bad would be a fair statement lol. I really don't care what others think about me and yet at the same time I really don't want people to have a bad opinion of me. I don't go out of my way to try and shape or mold their opinion of me though. I will still be friendly no matter what they're like. I may mutter under my breath out of ear shot later though. It's a bit of a contradiction. Wanting acceptance and really not caring what others think about you. I try really hard to spend my time on loving who I am and letting the rest of the chips fall where they may. I can't control other people and the ONLY thing I have control over in this whole world is me and how I react to any given situation.
12611 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / Canada
Offline
Posted 4/27/16 , edited 4/28/16

TheOriginalStraynge wrote:

I don't accept the fact that you don't accept me. I like to be a bit aggressive when it comes to my acceptance.

All joking aside I completely agree with all the wonderful statements that if you can't first accept and love yourself then you can't expect others to accept you. Whether we like it or not acceptance is very important in society. Even the outcasts have their groups or clique's. We all want to belong somewhere, to somebody and we all have people we either like, admire, look up to or just want to be closer to. It's easier for people you don't like because then you can justify the fact that they don't like you because I don't like them either. When it's someone you like who doesn't like you that can be a bit harder especially if you don't know why this person doesn't seem to accept you.

I'd love to say it doesn't matter what other people think but that's not true. In the deepest, darkest depths of our hearts it matters and it matters greatly. Even us major introverts have people we want to be accepted by. I don't care what anyone thinks about me.....as long as it's nothing bad would be a fair statement lol. I really don't care what others think about me and yet at the same time I really don't want people to have a bad opinion of me. I don't go out of my way to try and shape or mold their opinion of me though. I will still be friendly no matter what they're like. I may mutter under my breath out of ear shot later though. It's a bit of a contradiction. Wanting acceptance and really not caring what others think about you. I try really hard to spend my time on loving who I am and letting the rest of the chips fall where they may. I can't control other people and the ONLY thing I have control over in this whole world is me and how I react to any given situation.


Ugh, statements like if you can't accept yourself and love yourself... then you're unworthy of love from anyone. Loving and accepting oneself is a struggle. They do deserve love and help from others.

Regardless if they don't like themselves, I believe someone will accept them. However, I do agree with most of the latter part of your paragraph.
42447 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / New Jersey, USA
Offline
Posted 4/27/16 , edited 4/28/16
Again, great comments, guys.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.