First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
Post Reply Do you dwell on the negative side of humanity rather than the positive?
42457 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / New Jersey, USA
Offline
Posted 4/26/16 , edited 4/28/16

stars201 wrote:

I do dwell on negativity for a long time. I'm still trying to work on that


Are you working on trying to see if you can seem the positive?
7886 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
8500 / F / Apollo...
Offline
Posted 4/26/16 , edited 4/28/16
Well, babies aren't born good or evil. They are just born. How they are raised and what they are exposed to affects their future actions and decisions. Negativity begets negativity and the same goes for positivity.

Since there is too much emphasis on the negative aspects of humanity, I pretty much pretend it doesn't exist. I turn a blind eye. I look to the positive side because it's less troublesome.
12611 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / Canada
Offline
Posted 4/26/16 , edited 4/28/16
I talk about the good times and bad times. I try to blend both them in life. I know if I believe with all my heart, things will get better. Even though it's extremely hard. Just take no as answer

Anyways, there's always good in humanity. It's so hard to find nowadays since people emphasizes the bad side of humanity.
Posted 4/26/16 , edited 4/28/16
I tend to be more positive. People ain't so bad. I don't believe any person is totally evil. People can do evil things but I wouldn't call anyone completely evil. It's not like every bad person is Satan himself. I believe everyone has the capacity for change as well. They can change for the worse and they can change for the better.
19493 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / United States, DE
Offline
Posted 4/26/16 , edited 4/28/16
I dwell on the negative more than I should. There is definitely good in the world, and it feels nice to focus on that instead.
Posted 4/26/16 , edited 4/28/16


There are definitely some evil people out there.

You don't think serial killers are evil? How about people who get pleasure out of torturing and killing animals? For the most part though, people are generally good human beings, yes.
Posted 4/26/16 , edited 4/28/16

XLUC1FER wrote:



There are definitely some evil people out there.

You don't think serial killers are evil? How about people who get pleasure out of torturing and killing animals? For the most part though, people are generally good human beings, yes.


Those people are mentally ill. They aren't evil. My definition of an evil person is someone who does bad things knowing they're evil and because the acts are evil and for no other reason.
Posted 4/26/16 , edited 4/28/16
So, do you dwell on the negitive side of humanity rather than the positive?

Yea I lean more towards the "negative" side of things though one can see the positive in the negative and vice versa, I try and do that but its hard sometimes.

Does humanity have a good side or are we nothing but bad?

I don't think humanity is intrinsically either but it's ultimately more blurred and vague than that since I don't think those terms are actually real. I think if we act other than human or ignore ourselves and others and or blindly follow that's what screws us up, not that that's bad but it most certainly leads to unessary suffering. I do think their is a "correct" way though and that has to do with acting in accordance with nature not only as a human but our own nature as an individual as well, it just requires us to set up the right conditions by continuing to question, actually be aware of our own experience, be honest and respect ourselves and others, and to trust ourselves. If you can't trust yourself how can you trust your mistrust?

End of rant
42457 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / New Jersey, USA
Offline
Posted 4/26/16 , edited 4/28/16

potentsativa wrote:

So, do you dwell on the negitive side of humanity rather than the positive?

Yea I lean more towards the "negative" side of things though one can see the positive in the negative and vice versa, I try and do that but its hard sometimes.

Does humanity have a good side or are we nothing but bad?

I don't think humanity is intrinsically either but it's ultimately more blurred and vague than that since I don't think those terms are actually real. I think if we act other than human or ignore ourselves and others and or blindly follow that's what screws us up, not that that's bad but it most certainly leads to unessary suffering. I do think their is a "correct" way though and that has to do with acting in accordance with nature not only as a human but our own nature as an individual as well, it just requires us to set up the right conditions by continuing to question, actually be aware of our own experience, be honest and respect ourselves and others, and to trust ourselves. If you can't trust yourself how can you trust your mistrust?

End of rant


You were ranting?
20813 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / California
Online
Posted 4/26/16 , edited 4/28/16
I do tend to dwell more of the negative than the positive.
Posted 4/26/16 , edited 4/28/16


And a gang member who murders people until the day, he himself is killed, would be classified as...

Sure, everyone has the ability to make a change for the better, I completely agree with that. Doesn't mean there is no such thing as an evil person. I'm not so ignorant to say that out of eight billion people in the world, not one of them is evil.

I do however believe humans to be quite smart, and that means taking advantage of the system. Even I know pleading insanity isn't that hard. People murder their children, and say they were possessed, get three years in an institution with off grounds privileges after serving half of their sentence. Three years hits, and they're back on the streets, released into halfway houses.

A woman killed her two special-needs children because she wanted normal kids. We as a society think, No one in their right mind would kill their own kids... Lets say she's insane, and call it a day.

Much respect to your opinion, though. Not trying to shit on what you believe.
477 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
15 / F / Watching 50% Off
Offline
Posted 4/26/16 , edited 4/28/16
So, do you dwell on the negitive side of humanity rather than the positive?

Oh i dwell on the negitive side FAR too often to be considered healthy. I'm one of those people who overthink things to the point that they can find fault in anything they do, and it's a terrible bad habit.

Does humanity have a good side or are we nothing but bad?

That all honestly depends on you definition of bad. If you think bad is someone who has ever wronged someone or lied to someone, then we we are all bad. But honestly, i don't really think people are bad, i just think we make terrible choices. Murder is a terrible thing, and no one should ever commit it. But there are people who do it anyway and murder some innocent people. Now that is bad, yes, but i don't think the murderer is. Ever heard of the Weepy-voice Killer? He was a serial killer that murdered several people, but one time after he stabbed a girl, he called 911 and told the operator about how he killed her and how he didn't know why. After that 911 call, he went on to murder another girl with an ice pick, and he called 911 AGAIN telling how he killed her and that he "didn't know why he couldn't stop killing people" The reason he was called the Weepy-voiced Killer was because in these phone calls, he sounded like he was going to cry and was terrified. You can look the calls up on youtube if you want to hear it, but be warned they are some of the most haunting 911 calls you will ever hear. Take that story how you want, but i like to think that that story shows how it's not the people who are bad, but the choices they made.
Posted 4/26/16 , edited 4/28/16

qualeshia3 wrote:


potentsativa wrote:

So, do you dwell on the negitive side of humanity rather than the positive?

Yea I lean more towards the "negative" side of things though one can see the positive in the negative and vice versa, I try and do that but its hard sometimes.

Does humanity have a good side or are we nothing but bad?

I don't think humanity is intrinsically either but it's ultimately more blurred and vague than that since I don't think those terms are actually real. I think if we act other than human or ignore ourselves and others and or blindly follow that's what screws us up, not that that's bad but it most certainly leads to unessary suffering. I do think their is a "correct" way though and that has to do with acting in accordance with nature not only as a human but our own nature as an individual as well, it just requires us to set up the right conditions by continuing to question, actually be aware of our own experience, be honest and respect ourselves and others, and to trust ourselves. If you can't trust yourself how can you trust your mistrust?

End of rant


You were ranting?


Lol no I thought rant was a good word to use for some reason.I'm not good at remembering what words mean
Posted 4/26/16 , edited 4/28/16

XLUC1FER wrote:



And a gang member who murders people until the day, he himself is killed, would be classified as...

Sure, everyone has the ability to make a change for the better, I completely agree with that. Doesn't mean there is no such thing as an evil person. I'm not so ignorant to say that out of eight billion people in the world, not one of them is evil.

I do however believe humans to be quite smart, and that means taking advantage of the system. Even I know pleading insanity isn't that hard. People murder their children, and say they were possessed, get three years in an institution with off grounds privileges after serving half of their sentence. Three years hits, and they're back on the streets, released into halfway houses.

A woman killed her two special-needs children because she wanted normal kids. We as a society think, No one in their right mind would kill their own kids... Lets say she's insane, and call it a day.

Much respect to your opinion, though. Not trying to shit on what you believe.


That's all it is. It's just my opinion. I consider those as bad people. Not evil but certainly not good. I don't even like to say that because I really hate to judge people.

Now let's talk about your word choice because I do care and I don't want someone to get angry at you. The part where you say this. I know it isn't your intention of course. "I'm not so ignorant to say that out of eight billion people in the world, not one of them is evil. " It might come across as calling someone ignorant for having a different view than you. I know it's not what you meant to say but some people on here can take things the wrong way. Have a nice day, friend.
Posted 4/26/16 , edited 4/28/16
both positive and negative sides don't make a damn difference what matters who's in power. Lucky if he/she is good for the rest but if it's not the case then welcome to hell. Personally, I like to know the negative side just enough to use it for my own purpose even it it means destroying it to accomplish a greater objective and that doesn't necessarily mean being positive is the best.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.