First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
Post Reply I worry too much and it's becoming a bit of a problem
42405 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / New Jersey, USA
Offline
Posted 4/27/16
Let me know if a thread like this one exist or not.
Thanks a bunches.


So, mostly what I'm doing is making phone calls, filling out appilcations, and getting help from my job coach in searching for a job. Maybe I'm impatient but I really need to find a job where I am at my happiest. I remember before I was working at Walgreens to be the absolute hell when it came to finding a job. I was stressed out and thought I would never get work. My thinking was not clear either. I did manage to get a job but it was at Walgreens which I had mixed feelings about working there but it was a job no less. Now that I am out of a job, I worry if I'll go back to the time before Walgreens. I'm getting help in searching for a job in Housekeeping but I feel like I'm getting nowhere. I'm tired of being a burden to my mother and can really uses a good job. I'm also afraid that I'm go years without getting a job wasting my job coach time.

I sometimes feel like I am wasting people's time and wish I didn't have to suffer this much in finding a job. Am I being silly and impatient? Should I stop worrying so much? Or Should I continue working with my job coach in finding a job? Does anybody else feel this way?

I mean I stopped working in February of this year and the fact that I haven't gotten a job yet is bothering me. I know finding a job so quickly won't be easy but I'm starting to have my doubts. Plus I hate waiting for phone calls and whenever I make a phone call I get nowhere. I feel like I'm getting fed up over nothing and I want to stop it. Advice needed, please.

Enjoy!!!
Posted 4/27/16 , edited 4/28/16
I think I heard you said you have a degree in journalism in one of your other threads right??

If you're worried about getting a job, you can try to move to a bigger city when you get the chance, since more jobs are usually available in bigger cities. I know you want to get into writing, but for now, before you start making money on that, you need to do what you're degree gives you the proof you can do.
42405 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / New Jersey, USA
Offline
Posted 4/27/16 , edited 4/28/16

TotalQuirk wrote:

I think I heard you said you have a degree in journalism in one of your other threads right??

If you're worried about getting a job, you can try to move to a bigger city when you get the chance, since more jobs are usually available in bigger cities. I know you want to get into writing, but for now, before you start making money on that, you need to do what you're degree gives you the proof you can do.


I don't have a degree in Journalism. I didn't stay in college long enough to get a degree.
7898 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
8500 / F / Apollo...
Offline
Posted 4/27/16 , edited 4/28/16
It sounds silly, but have you tried Starbucks?

I used to work there when I was younger, I'm not a social butterfly or an extrovert or anything, and I happened to do fine there. Plus you get a lot of writers and authors coming in to the cafes and wanting to discuss their work with you. You get unreported cash tips, and if you're in the right neighborhood, some of your customers will hand you $100 bills to keep. You get free drinks (you can make it how you like it) and free food. Some of the customers I had would give away free NBA/NFL season tickets, concert tickets, a bunch of stuff.

Plus, if you care about benefits, you can get them there. It doesn't take long to rack up 5 figures in stock investments there.
Posted 4/27/16 , edited 4/28/16

qualeshia3 wrote:


TotalQuirk wrote:

I think I heard you said you have a degree in journalism in one of your other threads right??

If you're worried about getting a job, you can try to move to a bigger city when you get the chance, since more jobs are usually available in bigger cities. I know you want to get into writing, but for now, before you start making money on that, you need to do what you're degree gives you the proof you can do.


I don't have a degree in Journalism. I didn't stay in college long enough to get a degree.


Ah okay.

Well, it would help you went to college then. You can't expect to get a well paying job if you don't. Most writers have had other jobs before they became very popular. I know college can be expensive at times, but please don't give up on that. Keep researching jobs too, and try to find something that's not minimum wage. My brother didn't go to college actually, but he got a steady job, and he has a stable life, money-wise now.

Other than I can't give much advice on this, sorry.
Posted 4/27/16 , edited 4/28/16
Have you tried Acceptance? XD C:

Keep doing what you're doing. If that doesn't work, you could always go to the unemployment office, and if that doesn't work, apply for disability benefits. Don't give up! Best of luck to you. ~

42405 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / New Jersey, USA
Offline
Posted 4/27/16 , edited 4/28/16

1stladyent wrote:

It sounds silly, but have you tried Starbucks?

I used to work there when I was younger, I'm not a social butterfly or an extrovert or anything, and I happened to do fine there. Plus you get a lot of writers and authors coming in to the cafes and wanting to discuss their work with you. You get unreported cash tips, and if you're in the right neighborhood, some of your customers will hand you $100 bills to keep. You get free drinks (you can make it how you like it) and free food. Some of the customers I had would give away free NBA/NFL season tickets, concert tickets, a bunch of stuff.

Plus, if you care about benefits, you can get them there. It doesn't take long to rack up 5 figures in stock investments there.


I can't work at Starbucks because it's retail. I want a job that isn't retail. Sorry.
Posted 4/27/16 , edited 4/28/16

qualeshia3 wrote:


1stladyent wrote:

It sounds silly, but have you tried Starbucks?

I used to work there when I was younger, I'm not a social butterfly or an extrovert or anything, and I happened to do fine there. Plus you get a lot of writers and authors coming in to the cafes and wanting to discuss their work with you. You get unreported cash tips, and if you're in the right neighborhood, some of your customers will hand you $100 bills to keep. You get free drinks (you can make it how you like it) and free food. Some of the customers I had would give away free NBA/NFL season tickets, concert tickets, a bunch of stuff.

Plus, if you care about benefits, you can get them there. It doesn't take long to rack up 5 figures in stock investments there.


I can't work at Starbucks because it's retail. I want a job that isn't retail. Sorry.


Aren't you trying to get back into college? Then get whatever job you can get to make ends meet instead of thumbing your nose at something that isn't your cup of tea. If it's only temporary until you can find something better to make money.
42405 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / New Jersey, USA
Offline
Posted 4/27/16 , edited 4/28/16


No, I'm not trying to get back into college. The reason why I refuse to work in retail, it involves a cash register and I have terrible anxiety when it comes to working on the cash register. I want a job in Housekeeping or Jantorial. Something that doesn't involve cash registers. I prefer to keep it that way. I'll also accept library or warehouse jobs too along with certain office jobs.
22653 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 4/27/16 , edited 4/28/16
Is working with people a problem for you?
42405 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / New Jersey, USA
Offline
Posted 4/27/16 , edited 4/28/16

PrinceJudar wrote:

Is working with people a problem for you?


Yes and No.
12611 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / Canada
Offline
Posted 4/27/16 , edited 4/28/16
Warehouse work? Or Data-Entry?

You're given instructions and just mind your business to get the job done. I can't really do costumer service jobs since I suffer from social anxiety too.

I found data-entry and warehouse jobs nice. A lot of the workers were immigrants so they didn't really talk much. Also those social services are there for you and genuinely want you to find a job. I don't think you're wasting their time. You should find a job that'd help you ease you achieving your goals.

11700 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
35 / M / UK
Offline
Posted 4/27/16 , edited 4/28/16
I was out of work for 9 months, many years ago. I found it very damaging to my confidence facing daily rejections by potential employers. However one of the key factors that helped me was getting a voluntary job with a local charity. While it did mean I was working for nothing it helped me regain my confidence and showed potential employers that I was keen to work.
7413 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
48 / M / New England, USA
Offline
Posted 4/27/16 , edited 4/28/16

qualeshia3 wrote:



No, I'm not trying to get back into college. The reason why I refuse to work in retail, it involves a cash register and I have terrible anxiety when it comes to working on the cash register. I want a job in Housekeeping or Jantorial. Something that doesn't involve cash registers. I prefer to keep it that way. I'll also accept library or warehouse jobs too along with certain office jobs.


You may want to check out housekeeping jobs in the big hotel chains. I used to work room service for one for awhile, pay is decent and tips are really good whether for Room Service, Restaurant Server, Banquet Server and Housekeeper. The last two don't require any register work at all.
42405 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / New Jersey, USA
Offline
Posted 4/27/16 , edited 4/28/16
Thanks again guys.
First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.