First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
Post Reply What would you do if you woke up as Shakespeare?
18092 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
16 / F
Offline
Posted 4/28/16 , edited 4/28/16
Contemplate life.
2406 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / NY
Offline
Posted 4/28/16
Considering the way he wrote flirtatious dialog, not much would change except the level of articulation. lol
29349 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / Scotland
Offline
Posted 4/28/16

Ejanss wrote:

I'd grumble that I was four hundred years too early to beat up on Roland Emmerich.

Then I'd interrupt on stage after the first Globe performance of Romeo & Juliet's balcony scene and announce to the audience, "Look, people, 'Wherefore' means WHY!! Don't let me catch any of you getting this wrong hundreds of years later, okay? She's soliloquizing, she doesn't even know he's there!!"


Personally, I'd throw the damn script out before it ever made it to stage and save every kid in the future from having to suffer through studying that piece of turd in English class for the next few centuries.
6163 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / Off the map.
Offline
Posted 4/28/16
So, i'll be creating 16th century Otaku in London? Nice.
7420 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 4/28/16 , edited 4/28/16

Randompyrate wrote:


Ejanss wrote:

I'd grumble that I was four hundred years too early to beat up on Roland Emmerich.

Then I'd interrupt on stage after the first Globe performance of Romeo & Juliet's balcony scene and announce to the audience, "Look, people, 'Wherefore' means WHY!! Don't let me catch any of you getting this wrong hundreds of years later, okay? She's soliloquizing, she doesn't even know he's there!!"


Personally, I'd throw the damn script out before it ever made it to stage and save every kid in the future from having to suffer through studying that piece of turd in English class for the next few centuries.


Some of us still read Shakespeare.
Sogno- 
45728 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Online
Posted 4/28/16
rewrite romeo & juliet where everyone lives but juliet ditches romeo for a friar and he decides to be gay but after jumping from one guy to another like he jumped from one girl to another and then when that doesn't work out he ditches high society and becomes a hermit
7886 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
8500 / F / Apollo...
Offline
Posted 4/28/16
I'd take a bath. A serious bath.

Then I'd write a smutty play, give it to the king and the theater.

And commit seppuku with a stake and hope I move on to a better life.
14775 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Online
Posted 4/28/16 , edited 4/29/16

Randompyrate wrote:


Ejanss wrote:
Then I'd interrupt on stage after the first Globe performance of Romeo & Juliet's balcony scene and announce to the audience, "Look, people, 'Wherefore' means WHY!! Don't let me catch any of you getting this wrong hundreds of years later, okay? She's soliloquizing, she doesn't even know he's there!!"


Personally, I'd throw the damn script out before it ever made it to stage and save every kid in the future from having to suffer through studying that piece of turd in English class for the next few centuries.


I'd put a credit for "Based on the story of Pyramus & Thisbe" on the theater posters, so we wouldn't get crock fantasies about Shakespeare "making it up", and thus Shakespeare in Love would never be around four hundred years later to get that stupid Oscar.

And c'mon, only people who have to physically READ Shakespeare in class hate it.
Whyyy, in my day, when I was in HS, we didn't have that gay-looney Baz Luhrmann movie to show in class, we got the classy Franco Zefferelli movie to watch. (Yes, with "the Brady Bunch music", as everyone in class called it.)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0nYG_wQMheg
Which also made "Taming of the Shrew" a lot easier to get through, with the Richard Burton-Liz Taylor version. And if you're going to say you hate Hamlet because of Kenneth Branagh's 4-hr. version, Zeffirelli's Mel Gibson version rocked that one, too.
Posted 4/28/16
Well, I would write a ton of hentai manga and then people will think hentai was classy as hell.
3266 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / F / Everywhere
Online
Posted 4/28/16
Adapt some of my favorite anime into play format then watch the audience's confused faces
Posted 4/28/16

1stladyent wrote:

I'd take a bath. A serious bath.

Then I'd write a smutty play, give it to the king and the theater.

And commit seppuku with a stake and hope I move on to a better life.


Now that! Is a fucking show..

I personally would tell him that Don Quixote is a better story muah ha ha ha ha. :p
29349 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / Scotland
Offline
Posted 4/29/16

Dariamus wrote:


Randompyrate wrote:


Ejanss wrote:

I'd grumble that I was four hundred years too early to beat up on Roland Emmerich.

Then I'd interrupt on stage after the first Globe performance of Romeo & Juliet's balcony scene and announce to the audience, "Look, people, 'Wherefore' means WHY!! Don't let me catch any of you getting this wrong hundreds of years later, okay? She's soliloquizing, she doesn't even know he's there!!"


Personally, I'd throw the damn script out before it ever made it to stage and save every kid in the future from having to suffer through studying that piece of turd in English class for the next few centuries.


Some of us still read Shakespeare.


Fair enough- not taking dig at people who do or anything. Some of us still just can't stand him.
29840 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 4/29/16

Ranwolf wrote:

This means iambic pentameter doesn't it? I hate iambic pentameter.


^
16789 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Hoosierville
Offline
Posted 4/29/16
Start eating grass as I would be a group of play writing goats.
9493 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / F / USA
Offline
Posted 5/31/16
I would make hamlet connect to Macbeth somehow. Macbeth would of been the behind the scenes story but, it's the ending to hamlet. Hamlet would just end with a cliffhanger
First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.