Created by JustineKo2
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
Post Reply Would you go to a public bath house?
8154 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Southeast Asia
Offline
Posted 12/7/16 , edited 12/7/16
Hm, depends on the situation, never been in a public bath house full of naked people. lol
6043 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / UK
Offline
Posted 12/7/16 , edited 12/7/16
Probably not. I'd be far too uncomfortable with it.
116956 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
70 / M / Columbia, MO
Offline
Posted 12/7/16 , edited 12/7/16
In the old days truckstop showers for same sex were open, similar to prison showers. Hotels, bed & breakfast establishments back then had same situation, usually a general bathroom each end of corridor (unisex).

Never was comfortable in these situations but never encountered problems doing so. Glad showers are individualistic versus social now.
558 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F
Offline
Posted 12/7/16 , edited 12/8/16

-melancholy- wrote:

Hm, depends on the situation, never been in a public bath house full of naked people. lol


Very nice. No one think about genitalia. Only to relax with friends and family. There, is nothing sexual, no worry for body shape or size.
8154 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Southeast Asia
Offline
Posted 12/10/16 , edited 12/10/16

Atular wrote:


-melancholy- wrote:

Hm, depends on the situation, never been in a public bath house full of naked people. lol


Very nice. No one think about genitalia. Only to relax with friends and family. There, is nothing sexual, no worry for body shape or size.


i see, if its a friendly environment but i saw some in animes not in real life so i can't tell haha thanks tho.
7770 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Chicago
Online
Posted 12/10/16 , edited 12/10/16
It's on my bucket list, actually. I want to go to Japan, stay in a ryokan and soak in an onsen.
Posted 12/10/16 , edited 12/10/16
i would need to know how circulated the water is or is it just a sitting body of water? but probably not.

we can't see it because it's too small for us but dirt and bacteria fall off of our skins while in a bath that's why you always take a shower and scrub after sitting in a bath. i can't do water parks or community pools either lol. xD
7770 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Chicago
Online
Posted 12/11/16 , edited 12/11/16

missangria wrote:

i would need to know how circulated the water is or is it just a sitting body of water? but probably not.

we can't see it because it's too small for us but dirt and bacteria fall off of our skins while in a bath that's why you always take a shower and scrub after sitting in a bath. i can't do water parks or community pools either lol. xD


You are required to bathe thoroughly before you enter a public bath, so that may minimize the yuckiness.

Posted 12/11/16 , edited 12/12/16
No.
Posted 12/11/16 , edited 12/12/16

zubbyzub wrote:


missangria wrote:

i would need to know how circulated the water is or is it just a sitting body of water? but probably not.

we can't see it because it's too small for us but dirt and bacteria fall off of our skins while in a bath that's why you always take a shower and scrub after sitting in a bath. i can't do water parks or community pools either lol. xD


You are required to bathe thoroughly before you enter a public bath, so that may minimize the yuckiness.


you know, i might be ok with that lol
6895 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Temple of Yaoiism
Offline
Posted 12/11/16 , edited 12/22/16
Steamy naked men? Count me in.



I just need to make sure I don't show up on senior citizens night or something.
731 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Tower of Barbs
Offline
Posted 12/11/16 , edited 12/12/16
While visiting Osaka with buddy of mine, we almost stayed in a capsule hotel which had a public bath. Unfortunately, people with tattoos were not permitted to stay so we had to search for a regular hotel.
1466 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / F / Kyoto
Offline
Posted 12/22/16 , edited 12/22/16
I would never go to public bath house. The reason is simple I don't want other guys to look at my naked body(there's a difference being naked and wearing a bikini).
38304 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 12/22/16 , edited 12/23/16
It doesn't sound markedly different from sitting in a hotel hot tub or sauna, so sure, whatever. If I'm terribly worried about it I could always wear a swimsuit or wrap myself in a towel.
35611 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / U.S.A.
Online
Posted 12/22/16 , edited 12/23/16
Why not?
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.