First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
I choose you! Trigglypuff!
17099 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / F / In a van down by...
Offline
Posted 4/28/16
...Lord knows I ain't no beauty but I seriously didn't know whether it was a man or woman at first

I would love to go back to college one day but I can't with these idiots who get offended by every fucking thing....
2436 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / NY
Offline
Posted 4/28/16 , edited 4/28/16

“all demonstrate either that you don’t give a shit about people’s trauma and pain and think it’s funny to thrust people into states of panic and distress OR that you fundamentally do not understand what a trigger is, what it means to be triggered, and what a trigger warning is meant to prevent.”


You mean it means something other than a stupid sounding buzzword that trivializes real psychological and sociological issues? Well I'll be damned.
17705 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Hoosierville
Offline
Posted 4/28/16
The land whale gets most upset when it is out of the ocean. In its attempt to reach the ocean it will flail around wildly and insult others hoping that someone will return it to the ocean from whence it came. In doing so it makes itself so unbearable that it cannot exist anywhere but the ocean.
69937 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Oklahoma
Online
Posted 4/29/16

PeripheralVisionary wrote:

Can't we let Milo Yianpoulous and Crowder talk? Heck, even Milo has a good point to say concerning political debates.

http://www.breitbart.com/tech/2016/03/21/how-to-beat-me-spoiler-you-wont/

No, I hate Milo, but seriously?


See, this is why I'm against no platforming. If you believe people are truly horrible and their points are clearly flawed you should be able to absolutely destroy them in debate. Liberals used to have a strong foundation in a lot of debates on campuses. A conservative speaker was often open to ridicule for ridiculous points they would attempt making coming from the far religious right.

Then the left assumed superiority and with it this "always right" mentality. They had go unchallenged before, so clearly they are still objectively right . . . right? This became unchecked and spun into the progressive movement, the radicals within the group becoming more radicalized.

Now when someone on the right shows up that in areas has honestly valid points - objectively backed - the progressives seek to squash discourse. As a liberal, I'm fucking ashamed.

I very much believe in "hoist by one's own petard"; as such this type of behavior is the very anti-thesis and ultimately allows bad ideas to grow unchecked on all sides. It's not a winning game plan - ask fascists that tend to fall out of power. Even if you control the people you never shape the ideal which will find way to take hold subversively in an authoritarian state.
123 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M / St Helens, England
Offline
Posted 4/29/16

Nogara-san wrote:

...Lord knows I ain't no beauty but I seriously didn't know whether it was a man or woman at first

I would love to go back to college one day but I can't with these idiots who get offended by every fucking thing....


You could always try a distance learning type of course, assuming they do something like that where you're from. In the UK we have the Open University, where you do practically all of the work at home for most courses, and (as far as I know) in your own time too.
Or is it more of the college atmosphere you're after, with people wandering into the wrong lecture halls with barely any knowledge of what day of the week it is, let alone what room they are supposed to be in, due to the massive amounts of alcohol they consumed when their roommate dragged them out on an all night bender the night before...... Not that my university days were anything like that.
8280 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
35 / M / Soul Society
Offline
Posted 4/29/16

zinjashike wrote:


PeripheralVisionary wrote:

Can't we let Milo Yianpoulous and Crowder talk? Heck, even Milo has a good point to say concerning political debates.

http://www.breitbart.com/tech/2016/03/21/how-to-beat-me-spoiler-you-wont/

No, I hate Milo, but seriously?


See, this is why I'm against no platforming. If you believe people are truly horrible and their points are clearly flawed you should be able to absolutely destroy them in debate. Liberals used to have a strong foundation in a lot of debates on campuses. A conservative speaker was often open to ridicule for ridiculous points they would attempt making coming from the far religious right.

Then the left assumed superiority and with it this "always right" mentality. They had go unchallenged before, so clearly they are still objectively right . . . right? This became unchecked and spun into the progressive movement, the radicals within the group becoming more radicalized.

Now when someone on the right shows up that in areas has honestly valid points - objectively backed - the progressives seek to squash discourse. As a liberal, I'm fucking ashamed.

I very much believe in "hoist by one's own petard"; as such this type of behavior is the very anti-thesis and ultimately allows bad ideas to grow unchecked on all sides. It's not a winning game plan - ask fascists that tend to fall out of power. Even if you control the people you never shape the ideal which will find way to take hold subversively in an authoritarian state.


Amen, kinda sad how the regressive left is trying to hijack the liberal platform. The regressive left is becoming the very thing they disliked about the far right.
17718 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / B.C, Canada
Offline
Posted 4/29/16
Why haven't I climbed a clock tower with Cassandra in hand and killed all of you lot yet? Chalk up yet another piece of my dwindling faith in humanity shrinking.
25173 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Beyond The Wall
Offline
Posted 4/29/16
This is your average Tumblrina
15283 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / UK
Offline
Posted 4/29/16
Can people please stop making universities look like overpriced day-care centres

this what you look like to everyone:



17718 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / B.C, Canada
Offline
Posted 4/29/16

Voc666IV wrote:

Can people please stop making universities look like overpriced day-care centres

this what you look like to everyone:





Don't Drag Miia-chan into this , she deserves much better.

#TeamMiia
29968 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 4/29/16

Freddy96NO wrote:

Sorry couldn't find a big enough pokeball to make her fit inside of...
Even masterball and ultraball couldn't handle her.


lmao
15283 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / UK
Offline
Posted 4/29/16 , edited 4/29/16

Ranwolf wrote:


Voc666IV wrote:

Can people please stop making universities look like overpriced day-care centres

this what you look like to everyone:





Don't Drag Miia-chan into this , she deserves much better.

#TeamMiia


I assure you, the choice was not made lightly

Although I'd say that Zombina would potentially rank higher



Posted 4/29/16
Lol trigglypuff is actually kind of endearing.
17705 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Hoosierville
Offline
Posted 4/30/16 , edited 4/30/16
15959 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / Cold and High
Offline
Posted 4/30/16 , edited 4/30/16
Fat fighters would love this! (and 44:55 + others)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v6mMpE8AaA0

Australia did it again.. loose all facts over feelings..
Its about how I feel and think... not my real health (physical health)

And sure encourage them to do bad/unhealthy operations... that is sure the way to go here..
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.