First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
Post Reply Explain this (hypothetical: woman disappointed when dying father doesn't die)
4455 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / Rainbow Factory
Offline
Posted 4/30/16
The woman is glad that her father survived. Although she is disappointed because she had just spent all of this time and money with no pay off. Her father survived and the money she spent, regardless of whether she was happy to be with him or not, was wasted as it's intended purpose wasn't fulfilled.
Posted 4/30/16

qualeshia3 wrote:

Let me know if a thread like this one exist or not.
Thanks a bunches.


A woman travels continents and oceans to be at her dying father's bedside and when he doesn't die, even though she loves him, she's disappointed. Why?


Explain why the woman was disappointed in your own way.


She isn't disappointing in him, but in herself. She was going to comfort and love him as best as she probably could at his deathbed. Knowing that she wouldn't be able to fulfill it because he didn't die, she wishes she now knows she could do better at her comfort then what she planned to do the first time.

That or she only had a small amount of money and time to travel, so when he really dies....she may not be there.

2270 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / Southern US
Offline
Posted 4/30/16
I can do it in one word. You guys ready for this?

Anticatharsis.

Her father is on the edge of death, and despite him living being a good thing, it prevents the catharsis that would come about with the actual death. She remains in the emotionally tense state of waiting for her father to die.

46285 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / New Jersey, USA
Offline
Posted 4/30/16


Good storytelling.
28812 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
51 / M / Inside the Anime...
Offline
Posted 4/30/16

qualeshia3 wrote:

Let me know if a thread like this one exist or not.
Thanks a bunches.


A woman travels continents and oceans to be at her dying father's bedside and when he doesn't die, even though she loves him, she's disappointed. Why?


Explain why the woman was disappointed in your own way.


Selfish

She should be happy he's still around. I wish my father was still around....
46285 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / New Jersey, USA
Offline
Posted 4/30/16

Steelmonk wrote:


qualeshia3 wrote:

Let me know if a thread like this one exist or not.
Thanks a bunches.


A woman travels continents and oceans to be at her dying father's bedside and when he doesn't die, even though she loves him, she's disappointed. Why?


Explain why the woman was disappointed in your own way.


Selfish

She should be happy he's still around. I wish my father was still around....


Sorry to hear it.
28812 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
51 / M / Inside the Anime...
Offline
Posted 4/30/16

qualeshia3 wrote:


Steelmonk wrote:


qualeshia3 wrote:

Let me know if a thread like this one exist or not.
Thanks a bunches.


A woman travels continents and oceans to be at her dying father's bedside and when he doesn't die, even though she loves him, she's disappointed. Why?


Explain why the woman was disappointed in your own way.


Selfish

She should be happy he's still around. I wish my father was still around....


Sorry to hear it.


We all get old, its our destiny.
Posted 4/30/16
She doesn't get the inheritance.
46285 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / New Jersey, USA
Offline
Posted 4/30/16


True.
9433 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / UK
Offline
Posted 4/30/16
She's disappointed because the poison she'd worked so hard on couldn't finish the job, and now the old man is on to her.

Look's like she's just gonna have take a pillow and do it the old-fashioned way <3
46285 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / New Jersey, USA
Offline
Posted 4/30/16

BladeGunner wrote:

She's disappointed because the poison she'd worked so hard on couldn't finish the job, and now the old man is on to her.

Look's like she's just gonna have take a pillow and do it the old-fashioned way <3



Oh no!
7026 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 4/30/16
Woman is ghost.

2spooky4me
17936 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M
Offline
Posted 4/30/16
She was mining her father for attention for herself, that was his biggest utility value to her and his dead was the mother lode. Him not dying denied her access to that.
Reminds me of that girl who got her friend to kill himself. Same thing, she mined all of the attention
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2972283/Michelle-Carter-18-encouraged-friend-life-raised-money-name.html
32828 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
39 / Inside your compu...
Offline
Posted 4/30/16

Jackalope82 wrote:

Was he rich and she's the only benefactor in the will?



^first thing I thought of.
First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.