Alright people, here's the game.The challenge consists in making a text which you shall compliment, preferably, with artwork of your own creation.
You are to rate the post above yours and/or comment on it.
Anyone up for it? Show us what you're made of!!
USE A SPOILER BOX TO KEEP SPACE USE AT A MINIMUM
Here's my entry.The artwork is not mine on this, but it helps to make an example.
Transcendence (Becoming the Messiah)
The Orphan stood before the holy visage of a force unknown. She extended her arm to grasp the radiant essence. The light imbued her body, carved into her soul, and spoke into her mind. The being talked with a powerful but genteel voice, that reverberated in the walls of her consciousness.
- Greetings, child of Gaia.
- I no longer know of such parentage.
- I see. Say, why have you come to me?
- I’ve been told you can help me…
- Oh but child, you do not even know my name!
- No; that, I wasn’t told.
- Then what you seek is not a person but a thing. I believe to know what it is, and I assure you, many before sought the same.
- I only seek to understand the world.
- You say “only” as if knowledge was meager in its value, child.
- It is for me, as I have no purpose anymore.
- You’ve lost your previous path, and now you seek one anew. What you need is guidance. Is it not?
- Can you give a reason to my life?
- I was once like you, child; my brothers and sisters too. Then we found a cause…
- Who ar… what... What are you?
- Like my siblings, I am a Sentinel. Our fathers made me Luminara, Genitrixque et Lucem; this, in your tongue, means Luminara, Mother of the Light. We were once lost souls who found purpose in cleansing the world from the sins of whom are now our fathers.
- Can you teach me… of your purpose?
- Child, sins do not die. We pledge to take on our arms, the burdens of this world, so that others may live free. Our reason to exist is to harbor, in ourselves, the torments of lives past, so that those yet to live may not repeat equal atrocities. The path of a Sentinel is not for the weak of heart or mind, for it may corrupt the being into depravity. Know that I can be your master, but my teachings will be harsh.
- I have nothing to lose. Please accept me as your disciple.
- Like so it has been written, and like so it shall be done.
The body of Azenai, the Orphan, became the vessel for a mundane manifestation of her luminous beauty. It was the portrait of an angel, mighty in her armor of plates like alabaster. At her back, a quartet of elegant wings with armored patagiums. At her hand was the great-sword, perpetrator of her mercy, “Alamablanca”, which she pulled from the ether.
Luminara showed her new disciple, visions from the past. She showed her, the murder of peoples, the suffering of war; Death and again death, death and violent bloodshed; Brothers spilling the blood of their own kind; Demons preying on the innocent and manipulating them for their own desires. She showed her an irrational world, thirsting for blood and for revenge, merciless and unforgiving; a world were freedom and peace had been forgotten.
- This is your first lesson my child. So that our children may not kill, we kill on their behalf; so that brothers may not spill their own blood, we spill the blood of both; and so that they may never be seduced by the lust of blood, we hunt those who are iniquitous, liars and deceivers.
The Mother of the Light, cast a portal in front of herself, and dimensions were torn. Towards it she advanced, sword in hand. She walked right and through and arrived at the other side. The radiant gateway shut behind her, at her feet, a barren land full of rubble and debris. The air was impregnated with the stench of molten metal, burnt oil, plants and homes and over all else, impregnated with the stench of rotten flesh. There was nothing but fires and smoke in the horizon. She had arrived at a battlefield.
- This shall be your first trial, my child. Will you live up to the name of Luminara, Genitrixque et Lucem? If you will… then you must, Kill… Them… All!
- Yes… Mother…
It's all a matter of perspective; and we never have the full picture.
Good job, and not at all heavy handed.
Here's my entry, I call it "Emoji of a smiley face."
<---`This means i'm busy.
Year-end cleanup. Closing threads with no new posts since 12/31/2016.