First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  Next  Last
If women are equal to men then why have women not overthrown men?
Posted 5/2/16 , edited 5/2/16

Dariamus wrote:

I would agree with you, but my wife would kill me







Boy do I hate being right all the time. @_@


tkayt wrote:

They didn't have military then. Life consists of small tribes or villages.


During the last 2000 Years and even 3000 years? How far back are we going?


4490 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
UK
Offline
Posted 5/2/16

WeeabooWarrior

During the last 2000 Years and even 3000 years? How far back are we going?


From what I gather they think it's over 5000 years ago.

If you're looking for women warriors there were the Amazons said to have started in northern Africa and the Greeks spread their reputation.
3088 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M
Offline
Posted 5/2/16
10,000BC
22653 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 5/2/16
Men and women are different and similar. Men are superior in some qualities and women excel in others.

For example: Men are, in aggregate, better suited for high stress technological fields. There exists a physiological difference.

22653 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 5/2/16

WeeabooWarrior wrote:

Yay! My favorite poster! <3

This is exactly what I thought about. I always thought that because women have softer hearts, they would make better snipers as well. It really just comes down to talents more than anything.

Oh, what are some high tech stress technological fields do you refer to btw?





I was thinking engineering fields in general. Obviously some engineering jobs more than others.


7420 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 5/2/16

tkayt wrote:
There are still men who come home from work and meet dinner ready in a clean house. The only difference is that their wife had rushed home from work, managed the children then done the cooking. That's how it was in our family.

My wife does not work outside the house.

I still help with the housework and cook on weekends.

3236 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / F / Everywhere
Offline
Posted 5/2/16 , edited 5/2/16
They're called modern feminists, and no one takes them seriously.
Posted 5/2/16 , edited 5/2/16

tkayt wrote:


WeeabooWarrior

During the last 2000 Years and even 3000 years? How far back are we going?


From what I gather they think it's over 5000 years ago.

If you're looking for women warriors there were the Amazons said to have started in northern Africa and the Greeks spread their reputation.


And what else besides Amazons, at least in European history are women warriors? This is also a good article that I found.

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2014/10/141029-amazons-scythians-hunger-games-herodotus-ice-princess-tattoo-cannabis/

You ever wonder why they became that way? Interesting is it not? To think that the survival of their people had come to having women in their ranks?


xxJing wrote:

By physically weaker he doesn't mean in absolute terms, just in natural advantage.

It, on average, takes a woman significantly more effort to develop the same amount of muscle mass as a man. You could also interpret that as, given the same amount of effort in strength training, on average a man would be significantly stronger than a woman.


Is it weird that I look at it from a RPG perspective?

Male +10 Strength

Female +10 Cunning

:P


PrinceJudar wrote:

Men and women are different and similar. Men are superior in some qualities and women excel in others.

For example: Men are, in aggregate, better suited for high stress technological fields. There exists a physiological difference.



Yay! My favorite poster! <3

This is exactly what I thought about. I always thought that because women have softer hearts, they would make better snipers as well. It really just comes down to talents more than anything.

Oh, what are some high tech stress technological fields do you refer to btw?





14733 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 5/2/16 , edited 5/2/16

WeeabooWarrior wrote:If women are equal to men in every respect, which we are told, why is it then, that no majority female nations have overthrown the men who had or were in control of those nations?


"If they're equal, why haven't they tried being NOT equal?" Well, erm, good question.


WeeabooWarrior wrote::Is it weird that I look at it from a RPG perspective?


Um...."Geekish" was more the word that sprang to mind.
Posted 5/2/16

PrinceJudar wrote:


WeeabooWarrior wrote:

Yay! My favorite poster! <3

This is exactly what I thought about. I always thought that because women have softer hearts, they would make better snipers as well. It really just comes down to talents more than anything.

Oh, what are some high tech stress technological fields do you refer to btw?





I was thinking engineering fields in general. Obviously some engineering jobs more than others.




Engineering is high stress? Hmm, perhaps when it comes to design perhaps? I was thinking that a high stress job would be more like a boilermaker or a factory painter? I'm not too well acquainted with engineers, but do you mean mental stress or just physical stress?
2270 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / Southern US
Offline
Posted 5/2/16
I would just like to point out that there have been quite a number of matriarchal societies. They were more prominent in the past, but quite a few are still around today. You would see more of a mix if globalization and imperialism weren't so dominant, but the point still stands - there are and have been many cultures in which women are dominant.
13127 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Offline
Posted 5/2/16
I think "men overthrow the men that have oppressed them" is to simplistic to really be accurate. First of all, I think there have been plenty of times where the "oppressed" have fought for equality instead of supremacy. Secondly, I don't think you can ignore the role of women as a part of both the oppressing class and the oppressed class. They weren't simply standing on the sidelines as the men did everything, they were actively involved, although often in different ways than the men.

But to answer your question, I don't think that women want to "overthrow" men. That would require oppressing their husbands and sons and fathers and I don't think that many people today actually want that. Additionally, while the men arguably still have more power (government, business etc), there are also a lot of responsibilities that come with that and it isn't uncommon to see women speaking out about changes in the power structure throughout suffrage or in some Middle Eastern nations due to the fact that they do not want to bear those responsibilities.

Basically, I think that "man v woman" is, and has always been fundamentally different to other types of oppressed/oppressor relationships.
22653 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 5/2/16 , edited 5/2/16

WeeabooWarrior wrote:

Engineering is high stress? Hmm, perhaps when it comes to design perhaps? I was thinking that a high stress job would be more like a boilermaker or a factory painter? I'm not too well acquainted with engineers, but do you mean mental stress or just physical stress?


Mental. Men and women physiologically handle stress differently. Men can, on average, endure prolonged high mental stress levels better than women can.

Extreme examples: Chess Grandmasters and Pro Esports Players



Posted 5/2/16

PrinceJudar wrote:


WeeabooWarrior wrote:

Engineering is high stress? Hmm, perhaps when it comes to design perhaps? I was thinking that a high stress job would be more like a boilermaker or a factory painter? I'm not too well acquainted with engineers, but do you mean mental stress or just physical stress?


Mental. Men and women physiologically handle stress differently. Men can, on average, endure prolonged high mental stress levels better than women can.

Extreme examples: Chess Grandmasters and Pro Esports Players





So Ice hockey would qualify as high stress?
31119 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M
Offline
Posted 5/2/16

PrinceJudar wrote:

Mental. Men and women physiologically handle stress differently. Men can, on average, endure prolonged high mental stress levels better than women can.

Extreme examples: Chess Grandmasters and Pro Esports Players

Hmm, but doesn't it also depend on the origin of the stress?

I'd consider nursing a rather high mental-stress profession - and one women are quite common in.

While I work for an infotech company and it's high stress as well (just ask my liver), I greatly prefer the pressures and challenges of that environment to the sort of crap nurses deal with (i.e. recalcitrant sick people and officious doctors). Force me to work as a nurse for six months and I'd probably go quite thoroughly mad.
141 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 5/2/16 , edited 5/3/16

UnLukieTac wrote:

I always just assumed that most women didn't care about our barbaric, primitive ways. Unless they've been secretly trying to uprise. Which would eventually demonstrate the entirety of their actual goals. Not to overthrow men, but to enslave the world entirely. Even fellow homosapiens with that more pronounced chest flesh, known as the boob.


Illuminati.



WeeabooWarrior wrote:

Are women not capable of being barbaric and violent as men? Are you saying that women aren't equal in that capacity?


Was just being sarcastic. Hence the: Illuminati bit.
22653 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 5/2/16

iriomote wrote:
Hmm, but doesn't it also depend on the origin of the stress?

I'd consider nursing a rather high mental-stress profession - and one women are quite common in.

While I work for an infotech company and it's high stress as well (just ask my liver), I greatly prefer the pressures and challenges of that environment to the sort of crap nurses deal with (i.e. recalcitrant sick people and officious doctors). Force me to work as a nurse for six months and I'd probably go quite thoroughly mad.


Perhaps I should say extreme. Surgeon may be more accurate.


WeeabooWarrior wrote:

So Ice hockey would qualify as high stress?


Eh, that's more of a physical thing.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.