First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
Post Reply On who's side you would be? (Woman in line at Walmart argues with man using food stamps)
42262 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
The States
Online
Posted 5/3/16

dragontackle wrote:

If you need to use food stamps, then you really have no business having children in the first place. Gonna side with the lady on this one.


I agree in principle man, but sometimes good people who are already living their life hit a rough patch. I'm all for calling out/punishing people who take advantage, but we don't know what's going on in this guy's life.
62009 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / The stars.. too b...
Offline
Posted 5/3/16
Lady is a cunt but she's right... This guy looks like a fucking loser taking advantage of the system.

Now correct me of I'm wrong but I think I did hear at the start, "Look lady I put in 58 hour weeks..."

Bullshit. Even at minimum wage unless this guy has like 4-5 kids that's 40 hours a week at 7.25(Federal minimum) PLUS 18 hours of overtime/time and a half... That is about $485 dollars a WEEK... What the fuck are you spending that money on if not food and living expenses that you NEED to rely on foodstamps? But the smart money is on him not working at fucking all... Just look at how this man is dressed and trimmed... He's way too fucking skinny for construction ESPECIALLY if he's working 58 hours a week... And no fucking way is a construction labor job paying no $7.25 for hard labor. Anyway, man is healthy and should be working, not living off of that gov'ment cheese.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PArF9k2SbQk
7467 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 5/3/16

DrunkKanti wrote:


dragontackle wrote:

If you need to use food stamps, then you really have no business having children in the first place. Gonna side with the lady on this one.


Wow, that's pretty ignorant. Even if the lady is right, what point is there to starting an argument in line at walmart? I'll give you a hint. There is none. The lady's just a bitch.


Lol people like to start problems for no reason and then they get kick out of it and some people just want to feel good about being right......I see the lady as a bitch but as the same time there is true reason to side on either person because you can't fully know who's right or wrong unless if you get some facts and evidence for anything either of them are saying xD
15271 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
58 / M
Offline
Posted 5/3/16
You know, I am pretty affluent now, but there was a time when I had no money, as in I had no money, surviving until the first pay check after I went bust was hard. I would have got food stamps, but back then you had to buy food stamps and I had no money. It did not last long, I spent my last money on rice, rutabagas, and frozen vegetables so I made it. It was only two weeks of no money and a boring diet [I ate all my condiments] and it still hurts me to think of it, now imagine you have children, your next pay check is more than a few weeks away or it will only cover the rent and the utilities, and you paid your taxes when you were working. Don't you have a right to treat yourself as fairly as you would treat others? A little compassion is all anyone really can hope for and that poor guy, literally a poor guy, was poverty shamed in public in front of his child. That woman is mean spirited. Nothing will ever help her so she is actually poorer than he is. He may earn more money some day, but she will never get her cruelty off the internet for as long as she lives. I personally do not believe a little poverty builds character, or that depressions make people all pull together so they are good things. Poverty is awful. I wouldn't wish it on that woman or anyone.
28218 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 5/3/16

dyme420 wrote:
Lady is a cunt but she's right... This guy looks like a fucking loser taking advantage of the system.


You can extrapolate his entire life and motives from a youtube video, can you?



dyme420 wrote:
Bullshit. Even at minimum wage unless this guy has like 4-5 kids that's 40 hours a week at 7.25(Federal minimum) PLUS 18 hours of overtime/time and a half... That is about $485 dollars a WEEK...


....right, because we all take home our gross income.



dyme420 wrote:
Just look at how this man is dressed and trimmed... He's way too fucking skinny for construction ESPECIALLY if he's working 58 hours a week... And no fucking way is a construction labor job paying no $7.25 for hard labor. Anyway, man is healthy and should be working, not living off of that gov'ment cheese.


Lets just take a moment to appreciate that "dyme420" is judging a dude's work ethic at Walmart based on appearances. -.-

Sogno- 
45682 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 5/3/16
i'd just mind my own business man

sure there are people who abuse the system, but there are those who truly need it. not my place to judge, but even if i feel the need to do so, imma keep it to myself
6638 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / USA
Offline
Posted 5/3/16 , edited 5/3/16
I side with the Walmart checker. They aren't paid enough to put up with the kind of garbage the lady was tossing out and the guy's flippant attitude that he deserves the food stamps. Sad thing is the checker probably doesn't qualify for food stamps.
665 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 5/3/16
ouch she should mind her owne business
37144 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 5/3/16
She should mind her own business. He did a terrible job of defending himself, but he shouldn't have to in the first place.
7407 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
48 / M / New England, USA
Offline
Posted 5/3/16

dyme420 wrote:

Lady is a cunt but she's right... This guy looks like a fucking loser taking advantage of the system.

Now correct me of I'm wrong but I think I did hear at the start, "Look lady I put in 58 hour weeks..."

Bullshit. Even at minimum wage unless this guy has like 4-5 kids that's 40 hours a week at 7.25(Federal minimum) PLUS 18 hours of overtime/time and a half... That is about $485 dollars a WEEK... What the fuck are you spending that money on if not food and living expenses that you NEED to rely on foodstamps? But the smart money is on him not working at fucking all... Just look at how this man is dressed and trimmed... He's way too fucking skinny for construction ESPECIALLY if he's working 58 hours a week... And no fucking way is a construction labor job paying no $7.25 for hard labor. Anyway, man is healthy and should be working, not living off of that gov'ment cheese.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PArF9k2SbQk


First off food stamps are determined by money coming in vs. debts/monthly housing and medical upkeep and bills. Let's say you're right that he's making $488 a week...that's $1,953 a month. Pay taxes? Got a medical plan? Pay Forced FICA? (of course you do, there's no option to say no to it legally). Live in a house? Mortgage? Property tax? Home owner's insurance? Flood insurance? Earthquake insurance? Heating oil? Gas? Repair bills? Own a car? Monthly payments? Lease payments? Gasoline? Repair bills? Any outstanding medical bills? School loans? If you don't own a house do you rent an apartment?

Those are just the starter question. Now add in the factor of a wife and children, illness and travel costs for a job.

And for the poster with the assinine comment of "you shouldn't have had kids if you couldn't afford it". Ever hear of someone being able to afford something BEFORE they lost their job or business only to not be able to afford it after the fact. We're not all "psychics" like you y'know. We can't predict when our job will be downsized or phased out. About 10 years ago there were over 100 CmpUSA and Computer City locations in my area. All went belly up leaving empty locations that took many years to fill. There were no "miracle" job openings that just "magically" appeared.

This woman in the article is the very best example of a case of "diarrhea" affecting the mouth and brain. She's most likely a silver spoon baby who never had to work a day in her life and married so that that never changed. Unlike others, I WOULD like for her to experience it herself. Sometimes that's what it takes to get someone to think with their brain instead of speaking out of their ass.
804 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 5/3/16 , edited 5/3/16

aeb0717 wrote:

While I frown upon people expecting food stamps, as well as those who blatantly abuse the stamps.... That woman is a bitch. It's not like the guy appears to be using the stamps for lobster and heaps of junk food. Just who pissed in her cereal? She's scapegoating him.


I couldn't have said it any better. Sometimes it's better to be polite, rather than make a fool of yourself, or otherwise out your personal flaws.
62009 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / The stars.. too b...
Offline
Posted 5/3/16

You can extrapolate his entire life and motives from a youtube video, can you?


Um, no? Clearly you have a problem comprehending simple sentences... "Looks like" is forming an opinion, not stating facts. What his life is or was like is no concern to me. The fact is he is using government assistance, which requires government to use VIOLENCE against tax payers to gain the funding to provide that assistance. Somehow, just because there's a middle man in the thievery it's somehow moral?



....right, because we all take home our gross income.


Emphasis on "About" here champ... It's like you totally miss this shit, is it intentional? I'm not about to speculate on what he pays in taxes and adjust my hypothetical anecdote... But way to nit pick instead of form an actual argument.



Lets just take a moment to appreciate that "dyme420" is judging a dude's work ethic at Walmart based on appearances. -.-


*Gasp* You've got me! Every more reason to trust my word over these white rich liberals who have no idea how the welfare underground works. I grew up lower middle class, the types of welfare abuse that run rampant are many and I've seen just about all of them. But whatever, it's funny you come up with this shit after your first comment, projection much? Yes, I consume cannabis and fucking love it. I live comfortable, pay taxes and don't use welfare. What's your point?




Or... You could stop making excuses for lazy fucks who keep having kids just to claim government support. How is absolving responsibility for these people going to help anything? And yes, they shouldn't be having kids they can't afford. The argument that someone can just lose their job from one day to another is ridiculous. No responsible person should be living pay-check to pay-check just because we'll pick up the tab if they fail. It's called, "Differed gratification", and the smarter of us have breathing room if things go south because we didn't spend all of our earned or inherited wealth on luxuries we couldn't afford.

7467 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 5/3/16


I love this forum
33355 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Socal
Offline
Posted 5/3/16
She's a fat bitch that needs the D
Posted 5/3/16
She should mind her own fucking business is what I think.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.