First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
Post Reply On who's side you would be? (Woman in line at Walmart argues with man using food stamps)
14783 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 5/3/16 , edited 5/4/16
I'm guessing she's a Trump supporter who was told on the most highest, unquestionable making-America-great-again authority that all people who use Food Stamps are greedy layabout parasites squandering other people's hard-earned tax dollars on pork rinds and Hostess Twinkies, and deserve to have the great wave of reform deliver a long-awaited rude awakening upon their lardened behinds...

I was on Food--er, "EBT" (since they haven't used paper scrip since the 80's)--for ten years, pretty much up to last year, being in a bit of a hard way (disability, you know), and no one of either party I've ever run into ever batted an eyelid, at the Wal-Marts, groceries, or even the Targets where the trailer-trash don't go to.
I'm not sure if he was using them to buy the paper towels, as you can't, but it's a taste of what to come when you try to find Bad People to blame for social solutions.


neugenx wrote:
First off food stamps are determined by money coming in vs. debts/monthly housing and medical upkeep and bills. Let's say you're right that he's making $488 a week...that's $1,953 a month. Pay taxes? Got a medical plan? Pay Forced FICA? (of course you do, there's no option to say no to it legally). Live in a house? Mortgage? Property tax? Home owner's insurance? Flood insurance? Earthquake insurance? Heating oil? Gas? Repair bills? Own a car? Monthly payments? Lease payments? Gasoline? Repair bills? Any outstanding medical bills? School loans? If you don't own a house do you rent an apartment?


At my worst point--and I wasn't even in the wheelchair yet--I was only clearing little more than $100 of spending money each month after rent, and that was before utilities. With that tiny window of a disparity, my monthly EBT payment was modest, but enough to cover the entire month's shopping for my needs. And yes, that included meat and vegetables. (I've only just now, years later, learned to tolerate mac & cheese, but only if it's shells & cheese.)
Later on, my situations improved, I began taking in a little more in addition to my disability, found a cheaper rent with better location, had much more of my own devices to live on comfortably and my EBT was adjusted to $25/mo. Which basically became "Great, I hope nobody sees me abusing their tax dollars on a Snickers bar at the checkout line... "
Nowadays, I just keep it as a symbolic representation of "Assistance" that lets me get a better utility rate.
6737 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / CA
Offline
Posted 5/3/16
I know her type, I would have made my arguments but replaced the insults with the term 'Good Christian" sarcastically. 100% guaranteed she'd go ballistic.
TBD
28 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M
Offline
Posted 5/4/16
The women because then we could beat the hell out of the guy with food stamps!!
After i had done that i would take the food stamps and use them to move abroad.


"Best plan ever 10/10"-IGN
TBD
28 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M
Offline
Posted 5/4/16
YES
14783 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 5/4/16 , edited 5/4/16

TBD wrote:

The women because then we could beat the hell out of the guy with food stamps!!
After i had done that i would take the food stamps and use them to move abroad.


Of course, the fact that you can't buy toilet paper with them would be a minor hitch in the plan...
7431 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
48 / M / New England, USA
Offline
Posted 5/4/16

dyme420 wrote:



Or... You could stop making excuses for lazy fucks who keep having kids just to claim government support. How is absolving responsibility for these people going to help anything? And yes, they shouldn't be having kids they can't afford. The argument that someone can just lose their job from one day to another is ridiculous. No responsible person should be living pay-check to pay-check just because we'll pick up the tab if they fail. It's called, "Differed gratification", and the smarter of us have breathing room if things go south because we didn't spend all of our earned or inherited wealth on luxuries we couldn't afford.



Riiiiiiigggghhhhhtttttt....because people can't lose jobs without notice...

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/retail-layoffs-in-2016-could-be-highest-since-2010-2016-04-25
http://www.bizjournals.com/albuquerque/news/2016/04/26/here-are-all-the-mass-layoffs-in-nm-2015-2016.html
http://www.azcentral.com/story/money/business/tech/2016/04/19/intel-layoffs-arizona-impact/83251388/
http://www.miamiherald.com/news/business/tourism-cruises/article75411647.html
http://www.thestreet.com/slideshow/13553338/1/11-companies-that-announced-big-job-cuts-during-earnings.html
http://www.nwitimes.com/business/local/bp-ceo-to-get-million-raise-after-layoffs/article_52201886-d6ef-5c56-ad49-bb5342525556.html
http://www.informationweek.com/strategic-cio/7-tech-jobs-hardest-hit-by-layoffs-in-2015-/d/d-id/1324526
http://fortune.com/2015/10/02/biggest-layoffs-2015/
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/breaking/ct-chicago-state-layoffs-20160429-story.html
http://www.cnbc.com/2015/10/22/layoffs-dont-necessarily-spell-trouble-challenger.html
http://www.beckershospitalreview.com/hospital-management-administration/largest-hospital-health-systems-layoffs-of-2015.html
http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/2016/01/06/macys-announces-layoffs-restructuring-after-disappointing-2015/78373358/

In the last 5 years our property taxes have gone up 30-40%, our water/sewer cost by almost 250%, our electricity 80-90%, the cost of food has almost DOUBLED on fresh foods. Gasoline? Heating oil? Sick and Sick. Apartment rents in most areas around us have the cheapest apartments at $1400 (1-bedroom) in the UNSAFE areas to live in. In our town you can't get an apartment below $1900 (1-bedroom) and we're just considered a middle-class suburb. Through all this pay rates, have pretty much stayed stagnant the whole time with many working at or near minimum wage.

It's an asinine misconception the politicians like to throw at people that the cause of all the nations woes come from aid. Most politicians and high-ranking government officials make $200,000 + a year. As for unnecessary government spending...
http://www.heritage.org/research/reports/2009/10/50-examples-of-government-waste
http://thehill.com/policy/finance/241304-mccain-highlights-billions-in-wasteful-government-spending
http://posey.house.gov/wasteful-spending/
http://insider.foxnews.com/2015/12/08/unbelievable-government-waste-chronicled-sen-jeff-flakes-wastebook
http://dailysignal.com/2014/10/22/top-6-examples-wasteful-government-spending-wastebook-2014/
http://www.judicialwatch.org/blog/category/wasteful-spending/
http://www.businessinsider.com/government-waste-spending-sequestration-sequester-2013-3
https://fee.org/articles/most-outrageous-government-waste/
http://legacy.wusa9.com/story/news/2015/11/30/sen-james-lankford-federal-fumbles-government-spending-report/76580892/
http://www.cnsnews.com/mrctv-blog/curtis-kalin/top-20-worst-ways-government-wasted-your-tax-dollars
https://commercialobserver.com/2013/10/heres-a-list-of-stupid-things-the-government-spends-money-on/
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/wastebook-2014-sen-coburn-highlights-questionable-wasteful-government-spending/

I find it funny they'd give $856,000 to train mountain lions to walk on treadmills, $387,000 testing Swedish Massages effects on rabbits and still complain about aid to those in need. It shows how far we've come as people.
6756 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / North Carolina
Offline
Posted 5/4/16
Some people really do need to have the worst possible things happen to them just so they can be less of a fucking disease on the rest of us.

And yes, I'm talking about the woman.
30236 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
It doesn't matter.
Offline
Posted 5/4/16
13626 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / Australia
Offline
Posted 5/4/16
I'm on no ones side because I didn't read the article >.<
62011 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / The stars.. too b...
Offline
Posted 5/4/16


Um okay? So people lose their jobs...? Is it the Tax payers fault, that we're forced to pick up the tab? Why do we have to pick up the tab because idiots couldn't save for a backup plan again?? Oh right, because people like you enable them with your bullshit sensational compassion.

Since you totally took my argument out of context, I was siting the lack of responsibility with not having a emergency funds if the roof caves in. Also, who gives a fuck how much rent is? There's these things, they're called, "Room mates" and generally, they'll split the cost of living expenses... I can't even believe I have to say this shit... Are you really 47 and still this fucking clueless? But again, you're just making bullshit excuses for irresponsible people and calling other people bad because they don't want to support it.




Okay...? So the government wastes money on stupid shit? So your argument is???

"Give more money to government so they can spend it on welfare!" ?

But yet... They're wasting it all on that stupid shit? Do you even realize you've argued against your own points? I swear you must be a low information Bernie supporter that has no idea how economics work. I could see you on the protest line now, "THE RICH THIS THE RICH THAT, FREESTUFF FOR EVERYONE! WE HAVE NO JOBS, THE GOVERNMENT IS DESTROYING OUR ECONOMY!! GIVE THE GOVERNMENT MORE POWER!"

Yes, the government wastes money... New age discovery man. Good shit. You're on your way to fiscal conservatism. Give yourself a pat on the back.


But of course, because I'm against using immoral means to gain assistance, I hate the poor. You might be right. I'm pretty sure I'd hate anyone voting to have people point their guns at me and tell me, "You don't need that wealth, we're going to take it from you and spend it more wisely than you can."

Want to help the poor? Stop advocating for immoral methods (Wealth transfer using state power) and start donating to your local charities that do far more work PER-DOLLAR than government can ever achieve. The problem with this is... Government already forces wealth out of us - why should we have to donate more? -and that's the dilemma here. True compassion for our fellow man is diluted by the lack of disposable income forced out of our hands by state power, "Why should I give when the IRS already takes 40%?"
Posted 5/4/16

dyme420 wrote:



Um okay? So people lose their jobs...? Is it the Tax payers fault, that we're forced to pick up the tab? Why do we have to pick up the tab because idiots couldn't save for a backup plan again?? Oh right, because people like you enable them with your bullshit sensational compassion.

Since you totally took my argument out of context, I was siting the lack of responsibility with not having a emergency funds if the roof caves in. Also, who gives a fuck how much rent is? There's these things, they're called, "Room mates" and generally, they'll split the cost of living expenses... I can't even believe I have to say this shit... Are you really 47 and still this fucking clueless? But again, you're just making bullshit excuses for irresponsible people and calling other people bad because they don't want to support it.




Okay...? So the government wastes money on stupid shit? So your argument is???

"Give more money to government so they can spend it on welfare!" ?

But yet... They're wasting it all on that stupid shit? Do you even realize you've argued against your own points? I swear you must be a low information Bernie supporter that has no idea how economics work. I could see you on the protest line now, "THE RICH THIS THE RICH THAT, FREESTUFF FOR EVERYONE! WE HAVE NO JOBS, THE GOVERNMENT IS DESTROYING OUR ECONOMY!! GIVE THE GOVERNMENT MORE POWER!"

Yes, the government wastes money... New age discovery man. Good shit. You're on your way to fiscal conservatism. Give yourself a pat on the back.


But of course, because I'm against using immoral means to gain assistance, I hate the poor. You might be right. I'm pretty sure I'd hate anyone voting to have people point their guns at me and tell me, "You don't need that wealth, we're going to take it from you and spend it more wisely than you can."

Want to help the poor? Stop advocating for immoral methods (Wealth transfer using state power) and start donating to your local charities that do far more work PER-DOLLAR than government can ever achieve. The problem with this is... Government already forces wealth out of us - why should we have to donate more? -and that's the dilemma here. True compassion for our fellow man is diluted by the lack of disposable income forced out of our hands by state power, "Why should I give when the IRS already takes 40%?"


I'm gonna have to ask you to stop now. You can't go around insulting and disrespecting people around here. You're making it personal for no good reason. You're talking about serious economical problems in a Crunchyroll forum. Do you honestly expect to sway people? You certainly aren't going to do that with insults. This is a warning. I don't want to have to report you. The mods might let you off with another warning but do you really wanna chance that over this argument? It's your choice.
7431 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
48 / M / New England, USA
Offline
Posted 5/4/16

dyme420 wrote:



Um okay? So people lose their jobs...? Is it the Tax payers fault, that we're forced to pick up the tab? Why do we have to pick up the tab because idiots couldn't save for a backup plan again?? Oh right, because people like you enable them with your bullshit sensational compassion.

Since you totally took my argument out of context, I was siting the lack of responsibility with not having a emergency funds if the roof caves in. Also, who gives a fuck how much rent is? There's these things, they're called, "Room mates" and generally, they'll split the cost of living expenses... I can't even believe I have to say this shit... Are you really 47 and still this fucking clueless? But again, you're just making bullshit excuses for irresponsible people and calling other people bad because they don't want to support it.




Okay...? So the government wastes money on stupid shit? So your argument is???

"Give more money to government so they can spend it on welfare!" ?

But yet... They're wasting it all on that stupid shit? Do you even realize you've argued against your own points? I swear you must be a low information Bernie supporter that has no idea how economics work. I could see you on the protest line now, "THE RICH THIS THE RICH THAT, FREESTUFF FOR EVERYONE! WE HAVE NO JOBS, THE GOVERNMENT IS DESTROYING OUR ECONOMY!! GIVE THE GOVERNMENT MORE POWER!"

Yes, the government wastes money... New age discovery man. Good shit. You're on your way to fiscal conservatism. Give yourself a pat on the back.


But of course, because I'm against using immoral means to gain assistance, I hate the poor. You might be right. I'm pretty sure I'd hate anyone voting to have people point their guns at me and tell me, "You don't need that wealth, we're going to take it from you and spend it more wisely than you can."

Want to help the poor? Stop advocating for immoral methods (Wealth transfer using state power) and start donating to your local charities that do far more work PER-DOLLAR than government can ever achieve. The problem with this is... Government already forces wealth out of us - why should we have to donate more? -and that's the dilemma here. True compassion for our fellow man is diluted by the lack of disposable income forced out of our hands by state power, "Why should I give when the IRS already takes 40%?"


Actually, you're the one who made the asinine, and yes I'll repeat the word, comment that "no one can lose their job from day to day". What I find funny is that you flat out ignore a common sense fact that most of those people older than you on aid have paid MUCH more than you have in your short lifetime into that very system you seem to take as your sole income supporting. I'm betting an average 60 year old out of work paid at least 3X more into the system in his lifetime than you have. I know a man (my uncle) who lost his job after 40 years at a company when he arrived to find the doors shuttered. Due to medical bills and a family to support he went on aid because yes with the family expenses he lived from day to day and no one wanted to hire a 60 year old man despite laws out there supposedly for equal opportunity hiring for elders. He's since died of cancer and his children got the bills to prove it.

Actually, I'm an independent who votes the candidate not the party and there's currently no candidate I will put my support behind this time round but I will vote as to cast my vote against Trump even if I vote Mickey Mouse like my uncle often did in an election like this. Let me guess you're a Trump supporter who supports a man who has put many men out of works due to his bankruptcies, hiring illegal immigrants and sending jobs overseas despite claiming he's against the very practices? This election year has been one big joke with America's future being the punchline sadly.

I find it absolutely a riot that you think any large chunk of the money donated to local charities actually makes it to the people it's intended to go to. Most charities these days are run by heads of the "non-profit" taking huge chunks of the money as their own personal salaries. It's the same way with large charities. Remember the Red Cross scandal a few years back? How about the Priests living in mansions and driving Lincolns and Caddies?

You wonder if I'm actually 47? I'm sorry but you sound like someone half your age with your outlook on life. I've heard these comments from 14 and 15 year olds that never worked a day in their lives or even paid a dollar into the system. They all live on Daddy's dollar and drink from mommy's teet but think they have a clue about society as a whole.

As for the roommate argument, let me guess, if you had a wife or young daughter or even sister you lived with you'd find yourself a roommate off Craigslist or such (talk about a rape or murder waiting to happen)? If a family is living in an apartment you actually think a 2 or 3 bedroom apartment costs the same as a 1 bedroom? That $1900 apartment I mentioned goes up to $3100 for a 2-bedroom and $4300 for a 3 bedroom. I'd love to see the benefit of a roommate in that situation.

I laugh with this "give more money to the Government" argument. If you read what I flat out said you'd realize I never once said anything about giving more money to the government. My belief lies in holding the politicians accountable for their billions (possibly trillions) ot ABSURD expenditures and over-inflated salaries. How do we do that? Simple, find out the worst culprits and vote against them. If enough people do it things will eventually change for the better. Oh, and if you think them cutting aid will put more money in your pocket think again. Those are usually the instances when politicians vote themselves raises.

Oh, and one last thing...you use compassion as a dirty word but I take it as a compliment. The one thing we're taught from childhood is that human is the core word for humanity.

I know there is no way we'd ever see eye to eye on this subject so I'll just agree to disagree and walk away.




Posted 5/4/16

neugenx wrote:


dyme420 wrote:



Um okay? So people lose their jobs...? Is it the Tax payers fault, that we're forced to pick up the tab? Why do we have to pick up the tab because idiots couldn't save for a backup plan again?? Oh right, because people like you enable them with your bullshit sensational compassion.

Since you totally took my argument out of context, I was siting the lack of responsibility with not having a emergency funds if the roof caves in. Also, who gives a fuck how much rent is? There's these things, they're called, "Room mates" and generally, they'll split the cost of living expenses... I can't even believe I have to say this shit... Are you really 47 and still this fucking clueless? But again, you're just making bullshit excuses for irresponsible people and calling other people bad because they don't want to support it.




Okay...? So the government wastes money on stupid shit? So your argument is???

"Give more money to government so they can spend it on welfare!" ?

But yet... They're wasting it all on that stupid shit? Do you even realize you've argued against your own points? I swear you must be a low information Bernie supporter that has no idea how economics work. I could see you on the protest line now, "THE RICH THIS THE RICH THAT, FREESTUFF FOR EVERYONE! WE HAVE NO JOBS, THE GOVERNMENT IS DESTROYING OUR ECONOMY!! GIVE THE GOVERNMENT MORE POWER!"

Yes, the government wastes money... New age discovery man. Good shit. You're on your way to fiscal conservatism. Give yourself a pat on the back.


But of course, because I'm against using immoral means to gain assistance, I hate the poor. You might be right. I'm pretty sure I'd hate anyone voting to have people point their guns at me and tell me, "You don't need that wealth, we're going to take it from you and spend it more wisely than you can."

Want to help the poor? Stop advocating for immoral methods (Wealth transfer using state power) and start donating to your local charities that do far more work PER-DOLLAR than government can ever achieve. The problem with this is... Government already forces wealth out of us - why should we have to donate more? -and that's the dilemma here. True compassion for our fellow man is diluted by the lack of disposable income forced out of our hands by state power, "Why should I give when the IRS already takes 40%?"


Actually, you're the one who made the asinine, and yes I'll repeat the word, comment that "no one can lose their job from day to day". What I find funny is that you flat out ignore a common sense fact that most of those people older than you on aid have paid MUCH more than you have in your short lifetime into that very system you seem to take as your sole income supporting. I'm betting an average 60 year old out of work paid at least 3X more into the system in his lifetime than you have. I know a man (my uncle) who lost his job after 40 years at a company when he arrived to find the doors shuttered. Due to medical bills and a family to support he went on aid because yes with the family expenses he lived from day to day and no one wanted to hire a 60 year old man despite laws out there supposedly for equal opportunity hiring for elders. He's since died of cancer and his children got the bills to prove it.

Actually, I'm an independent who votes the candidate not the party and there's currently no candidate I will put my support behind this time round but I will vote as to cast my vote against Trump even if I vote Mickey Mouse like my uncle often did in an election like this. Let me guess you're a Trump supporter who supports a man who has put many men out of works due to his bankruptcies, hiring illegal immigrants and sending jobs overseas despite claiming he's against the very practices? This election year has been one big joke with America's future being the punchline sadly.

I find it absolutely a riot that you think any large chunk of the money donated to local charities actually makes it to the people it's intended to go to. Most charities these days are run by heads of the "non-profit" taking huge chunks of the money as their own personal salaries. It's the same way with large charities. Remember the Red Cross scandal a few years back? How about the Priests living in mansions and driving Lincolns and Caddies?

You wonder if I'm actually 47? I'm sorry but you sound like someone half your age with your outlook on life. I've heard these comments from 14 and 15 year olds that never worked a day in their lives or even paid a dollar into the system. They all live on Daddy's dollar and drink from mommy's teet but think they have a clue about society as a whole.

As for the roommate argument, let me guess, if you had a wife or young daughter or even sister you lived with you'd find yourself a roommate off Craigslist or such (talk about a rape or murder waiting to happen)? If a family is living in an apartment you actually think a 2 or 3 bedroom apartment costs the same as a 1 bedroom? That $1900 apartment I mentioned goes up to $3100 for a 2-bedroom and $4300 for a 3 bedroom. I'd love to see the benefit of a roommate in that situation.

I laugh with this "give more money to the Government" argument. If you read what I flat out said you'd realize I never once said anything about giving more money to the government. My belief lies in holding the politicians accountable for their billions (possibly trillions) ot ABSURD expenditures and over-inflated salaries. How do we do that? Simple, find out the worst culprits and vote against them. If enough people do it things will eventually change for the better. Oh, and if you think them cutting aid will put more money in your pocket think again. Those are usually the instances when politicians vote themselves raises.

Oh, and one last thing...you use compassion as a dirty word but I take it as a compliment. The one thing we're taught from childhood is that human is the core word for humanity.

I know there is no way we'd ever see eye to eye on this subject so I'll just agree to disagree and walk away.






Yes. Walk away. This is the wise decision. Thank you.
207 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / F / New Jersey
Offline
Posted 5/4/16

dragontackle wrote:

If you need to use food stamps, then you really have no business having children in the first place. Gonna side with the lady on this one.


Yes how dare the dirty peasants reproduce, only the rich may have children.
25147 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Beyond The Wall
Offline
Posted 5/4/16

MissMimeJr wrote:


dragontackle wrote:

If you need to use food stamps, then you really have no business having children in the first place. Gonna side with the lady on this one.


Yes how dare the dirty peasants reproduce, only the rich may have children.


If dirty peasants cant provide a stable environment for their children, then do you really think its right for them to have kids? Am I the only one that feels that its selfish to have a kid when you can clearly not take care of it?
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.