First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
Post Reply You know, I'm tempted to make Star Fox Zero my first Video Review.
6930 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M
Offline
Posted 5/3/16 , edited 5/3/16
Lets be honest, in the west where people think League of Legends is really good (almost pukes in mouth) people are criticizing Star Fox Zero very harshly and I've a feeling that they're opinion's isn't very... how you say, "reliable" and I could wait for more money and get the appropriate equipment and I will f*cking dissect that game from head to toe and record all of it, and write down everything.

When I mean dissect I'm not talking about codes or hacking I mean looking at the game and thoroughly examining and noting what these things are, what is happening and what you the player naturally can do and not do and what are to limits to the game itself and weather or not the amount of credibility to the game is low or high.

I don't own that game but now hearing people say they hate it makes me kinda burn in my soul to see what this is about and explain on literal terms what is happening as you play the game, either good or bad, so far people complain about Motion controls, this, I could imagine most people are living in crowded rooms or something trying to make it workable but because of their life styles and such motion controls are not very welcome in western homes (Or just America) and why would I think that... because I've f*cking seen it before...

Besides I'm hearing nothing about anything else that people don't like beside that its a reboot or something of SF64 and its rather low on content, thats understandable but if it is so as is said.

So, another thing I'm expecting is the motion control shooting, I already have a thing planned out in my head that I need to make it two separate commands or thoughts in my head to [Move X amount => Shoot X amount + Danger = Override => Move] like kinda in Biohazzard 5 where moving and shooting is impossible.
But again I didn't buy the game yet so we'll see what happens.
10623 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Rabbit Horse
Online
Posted 5/3/16
inb4 "this video was taken down due to a copyright dispute by Nintendo"
6930 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M
Offline
Posted 5/3/16

namealreadytaken wrote:

inb4 "this video was taken down due to a copyright dispute by Nintendo"


When I get permission xD

or did they just ban that all together?
Posted 5/3/16 , edited 5/3/16

AzuroHeart wrote:


namealreadytaken wrote:

inb4 "this video was taken down due to a copyright dispute by Nintendo"


When I get permission xD

or did they just ban that all together?


Review is fair-use, but Nintendo abuses content ID to claim revenue even on videos they wouldn't normally have any claim to.
The only way to get "permission" is to sign up for their revenue sharing scheme which gives them some editorial control in that you can
only use games on the approved list. If you register your entire channel Nintendo gets approval rights on the video. Of course you have to disclose this relationship by law in the U.S and E.U etc.

Basically it's not worth covering Nintendo on YouTube unless you don't mind Nintendo running ads on it.

13141 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Offline
Posted 5/3/16 , edited 5/3/16
You're allowed to make reviews under fair use. Due to the issues with Youtube's copyright claim system, it might get auto-claimed, but that will likely remove your ability to monetize and not take down the video until you dispute the claim. Further, due to recent stopgap improvements in Youtube's system, any money that was made over the period that the video is in dispute will be sent to you after the dispute is resolved. EDIT: What the guy above me said isn't really true. Review takedowns would be due to Youtube's auto-claim system, not Nintendo manually making claims, and all you have to do is dispute and get the video back because this is a clear case of fair use.

As for StarFox:
1) From everything I've heard, the controls take a while to get used to, but once you do they are pretty much objectively better (meaning that you can do things with them that would be impossible without them)
2) As for the length of the game, it is a StarFox 64 "sequel", so its fairly short but it is designed around replayability with branching paths and multiple difficulty settings.
Posted 5/3/16 , edited 5/3/16
It is true. Who do you think adds that content to Content ID and sets it to claim ad revenue. Hint, it's not Google.

Has anyone had any experience with the new system to know what dispute process is actually like?
6930 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M
Offline
Posted 5/3/16 , edited 5/3/16

sundin13 wrote:

You're allowed to make reviews under fair use. Due to the issues with Youtube's copyright claim system, it might get auto-claimed, but that will likely remove your ability to monetize and not take down the video until you dispute the claim. Further, due to recent stopgap improvements in Youtube's system, any money that was made over the period that the video is in dispute will be sent to you after the dispute is resolved. EDIT: What the guy above me said isn't really true. Review takedowns would be due to Youtube's auto-claim system, not Nintendo manually making claims, and all you have to do is dispute and get the video back because this is a clear case of fair use.

As for StarFox:
1) From everything I've heard, the controls take a while to get used to, but once you do they are pretty much objectively better (meaning that you can do things with them that would be impossible without them)
2) As for the length of the game, it is a StarFox 64 "sequel", so its fairly short but it is designed around replayability with branching paths and multiple difficulty settings.


Is it weird that I'm not trying to make money, I in this situation want to make a Video for people to see and enjoy.

But if it's that complicated to make a Video about one of their game's that I hoped to defend (If it was found worthy of defending) then maybe I might not do the video...

Man what the f*ck Nintendo... thats depressing...
13141 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Offline
Posted 5/3/16

AzuroHeart wrote:
Is it weird that I'm not trying to make money, I in this situation want to make a Video for people to see and enjoy.

But if it's that complicated to make a Video about one of their game's that I hoped to defend (If it was found worthy of defending) then maybe I might not do the video...

Man what the f*ck Nintendo... thats depressing...


Let me just clarify, theres probably about a 99% chance that you wont have any issues.
10623 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Rabbit Horse
Online
Posted 5/3/16 , edited 5/3/16

AzuroHeart wrote:


sundin13 wrote:

You're allowed to make reviews under fair use. Due to the issues with Youtube's copyright claim system, it might get auto-claimed, but that will likely remove your ability to monetize and not take down the video until you dispute the claim. Further, due to recent stopgap improvements in Youtube's system, any money that was made over the period that the video is in dispute will be sent to you after the dispute is resolved. EDIT: What the guy above me said isn't really true. Review takedowns would be due to Youtube's auto-claim system, not Nintendo manually making claims, and all you have to do is dispute and get the video back because this is a clear case of fair use.

As for StarFox:
1) From everything I've heard, the controls take a while to get used to, but once you do they are pretty much objectively better (meaning that you can do things with them that would be impossible without them)
2) As for the length of the game, it is a StarFox 64 "sequel", so its fairly short but it is designed around replayability with branching paths and multiple difficulty settings.


Is it weird that I'm not trying to make money, I in this situation want to make a Video for people to see and enjoy.

But if it's that complicated to make a Video that I hoped to defend (If it was found worthy of defending) then maybe I might not do the video...

Man what the f*ck Nintendo... thats depressing...


not just Nintendo. iirc animation companies / broadcast corp would claim videos of people praising their series.
why? because it's ridiculously easy to abuse, and whether they're in the right or wrong, they will still get monetization out of it.
(literally stealing from the video creator)

edit: that was before people started complaining widely. Youtube finally made changes that alleviate a bit of the problem.
Posted 5/3/16 , edited 5/3/16
There were news companies claiming public domain NASA footage cause they used it in a broadcast and added it all to content ID. It's insane.
6930 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M
Offline
Posted 5/3/16

sundin13 wrote:


AzuroHeart wrote:
Is it weird that I'm not trying to make money, I in this situation want to make a Video for people to see and enjoy.

But if it's that complicated to make a Video about one of their game's that I hoped to defend (If it was found worthy of defending) then maybe I might not do the video...

Man what the f*ck Nintendo... thats depressing...


Let me just clarify, theres probably about a 99% chance that you wont have any issues.


No, I'm too busy for law bullsh*t, maybe some other day, like when Nintendo's head isn't so far up their ass.

Look at me, Look at my face, does this face look like Im the kinda guy who enjoys legal sh*t for just making a youtube video? No! xD
13141 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Offline
Posted 5/3/16

AzuroHeart wrote:


sundin13 wrote:


AzuroHeart wrote:
Is it weird that I'm not trying to make money, I in this situation want to make a Video for people to see and enjoy.

But if it's that complicated to make a Video about one of their game's that I hoped to defend (If it was found worthy of defending) then maybe I might not do the video...

Man what the f*ck Nintendo... thats depressing...


Let me just clarify, theres probably about a 99% chance that you wont have any issues.


No, I'm too busy for law bullsh*t, maybe some other day, like when Nintendo's head isn't so far up their ass.

Look at me, Look at my face, does this face look like Im the kinda guy who enjoys legal sh*t for just making a youtube video? No! xD


Then don't make Youtube videos. Honestly, if you don't want to deal with legal bullshit, don't try to make Youtube videos. Its Youtube's system that is broken and there is no way around that, especially if you want to make videos using footage from anything else (ie gaming, anime, movies, music etc).
10623 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Rabbit Horse
Online
Posted 5/3/16

sundin13 wrote:

Then don't make Youtube videos. Honestly, if you don't want to deal with legal bullshit, don't try to make Youtube videos. Its Youtube's system that is broken and there is no way around that, especially if you want to make videos using footage from anything else (ie gaming, anime, movies, music etc).


someone got a copyright claim over showing their own backyard with snow and nothing else (other than his own face). yes.
6930 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M
Offline
Posted 5/3/16

sundin13 wrote:


AzuroHeart wrote:


sundin13 wrote:


AzuroHeart wrote:
Is it weird that I'm not trying to make money, I in this situation want to make a Video for people to see and enjoy.

But if it's that complicated to make a Video about one of their game's that I hoped to defend (If it was found worthy of defending) then maybe I might not do the video...

Man what the f*ck Nintendo... thats depressing...


Let me just clarify, theres probably about a 99% chance that you wont have any issues.


No, I'm too busy for law bullsh*t, maybe some other day, like when Nintendo's head isn't so far up their ass.

Look at me, Look at my face, does this face look like Im the kinda guy who enjoys legal sh*t for just making a youtube video? No! xD


Then don't make Youtube videos. Honestly, if you don't want to deal with legal bullshit, don't try to make Youtube videos. Its Youtube's system that is broken and there is no way around that, especially if you want to make videos using footage from anything else (ie gaming, anime, movies, music etc).


Then what about Facebook? xD
Or maybe Deviant Art?
Posted 5/3/16 , edited 5/3/16

AzuroHeart wrote:


sundin13 wrote:


AzuroHeart wrote:


sundin13 wrote:


AzuroHeart wrote:
Is it weird that I'm not trying to make money, I in this situation want to make a Video for people to see and enjoy.

But if it's that complicated to make a Video about one of their game's that I hoped to defend (If it was found worthy of defending) then maybe I might not do the video...

Man what the f*ck Nintendo... thats depressing...


Let me just clarify, theres probably about a 99% chance that you wont have any issues.


No, I'm too busy for law bullsh*t, maybe some other day, like when Nintendo's head isn't so far up their ass.

Look at me, Look at my face, does this face look like Im the kinda guy who enjoys legal sh*t for just making a youtube video? No! xD


Then don't make Youtube videos. Honestly, if you don't want to deal with legal bullshit, don't try to make Youtube videos. Its Youtube's system that is broken and there is no way around that, especially if you want to make videos using footage from anything else (ie gaming, anime, movies, music etc).


Then what about Facebook? xD
Or maybe Deviant Art?


Facebook is developing it's own version of content ID. No idea about DA, but they respond to traditional DMCA notices.
Legal stuff is part of the game. Even using own original IP and nothing else can be pain cause people abuse the system. Crypt of the Necrodance had their own original sound track claimed by some sketchy music MCN at one point

First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.