First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
Why are perverts so prevalent on this site, especially lately?
Posted 5/7/16 , edited 5/9/16
If this has to be moved, please do so, and this is the first topic of its type that I know of, so there you go.


With that out of the way, what the topic asks has been on my mind for ages now. Why, especially as of late, are so many sick, depraved perverts who only add girls for sex on this site? Why are site rules so lacking in this area specifically? Ages back, on another, long since nuked account of mine, my real-life sister-in-law was completely chased off of this site for good due to sexual harassment by horny men who never took no for an answer and kept stalking and spreading lies behind her back with the help of a couple of females in a catfishing ring. Now, someone I met here recently who I see as a sister has been added by many of the same creepo men and more, with some apparently going so far as to make side accounts to bypass her blocking them and readding her repeatedly. She has had to make a new account here because she knows that mods hands are tied by these lackluster rules in this area.


To put this into perspective, she wants normal friends, not these creepers who keep adding her when she runs cute profiles of something she enjoys and has normal tags, nothing pervy at all on her profile, anywhere. She wrote me, IN TEARS, because she feels like this site has no actual protection for its innocent users while these freaks get away with doing nasty acts in PM to females, tricking them into believing its "just a roleplay" when it is not, as that is LITERALLY the ONLY thing these creeps talk to them for in the first place. Sex "roleplay" NEEDS to be BANNED on here altogether, in my opinion. This stuff DAMAGES people's views of the real world and real relationships, ruining their ability to function normally. I have been around since Crunchyland was a thing in its Beta stages of testing on various accounts. Back when CR had an actual chatroom. I met my real-life husband on here and my real-life best friend as well. Sadly, the times have changed for the worse.

So, I reiterate, why are perverts so prevalent here on CR these days?

I look forward to hearing your thoughts.
Banned
21034 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Bundaberg, Queens...
Offline
Posted 5/7/16 , edited 5/9/16
Simply put guys are disgusting perverts in general - Coming from a guy
Add in lonely men on forums and because girls don't like them as there anime fans and you have a ton of pervs.

Seriously i had a friend ...no two who got sent dick pics on cr all the time and people hitting on them its disgusting and something people seem to only get when a profile is marked as female.

Perverts are prevalent everywhere.

Report them and move on is all you can sadly do and i hope in the future we see mods take this more seriously however the problem isn't being solved easily partially due to victims not REPORTING what those pervs send.
24949 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / Bay Area
Offline
Posted 5/7/16
Just saying I'm actually a dude and changed my gender to F to experiment with what its like to be a female on this site. Yes, there are people that do this, not sure why but I, as a guy, have gotten uncomfortable through said PMs. I play along but then it just gets too far and pushy. The thing is you can't really do anything about PMs because its not public for everyone to see, there aren't any rules there. You can report the person but that won't stop them from making a new account and acting like another user. The best thing to do is ignore, and block, or just change your gender to M if you are uncomfortable

Yes I'm looking at you people who talk in asterisks

EX: *hugs you from behind*

27373 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
39 / Inside your compu...
Offline
Posted 5/7/16 , edited 5/16/16
Newsflash: Pervs have been online since the BBS days
Posted 5/7/16 , edited 5/9/16
I don't give those people the time of day
26418 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / Maryland
Offline
Posted 5/7/16 , edited 5/7/16
I didn't know people did that on this site. I guess some people don't know how to act around the fair sex. Im pretty sure they don't get laid either.
Posted 5/7/16

Ryulightorb wrote:

Simply put guys are disgusting perverts in general - Coming from a guy
Add in lonely men on forums and because girls don't like them as there anime fans and you have a ton of pervs.

Seriously i had a friend ...no two who got sent dick pics on cr all the time and people hitting on them its disgusting and something people seem to only get when a profile is marked as female.

Perverts are prevalent everywhere.

Report them and move on is all you can sadly do and i hope in the future we see mods take this more seriously however the problem isn't being solved easily partially due to victims not REPORTING what those pervs send.


Are you SERIOUS?! WTF man. Disturbing. About the reporting bit, I can attest to my sister-in-law doing so herself and me also reporting these people, and the mods did nothing.



Swaggercandy wrote:

Just saying I'm actually a dude and changed my gender to F to experiment with what its like to be a female on this site. Yes, there are people that do this, not sure why but I, as a guy, have gotten uncomfortable through said PMs. I play along but then it just gets too far and pushy. The thing is you can't really do anything about PMs because its not public for everyone to see, there aren't any rules there. You can report the person but that won't stop them from making a new account and acting like another user. The best thing to do is ignore, and block, or just change your gender to M if you are uncomfortable

Yes I'm looking at you people who talk in asterisks

EX: *hugs you from behind*



The asterisk thing is okay if its stuff like: *laughs, eating a cookie* or something basic like that, but you are right, its uncomfortable to the extreme, and the account bit is so true, I can't begin to say how true that is. Hm. The gender bit is smart, very smart.
Posted 5/7/16

che9458 wrote:

I didn't know people did that on this site. I guess some people don't know how to act around the fair sex. Im pretty sure they don't get laid either.


Oh, its so common its scary. LOL, they are so desperate, so that is true too.
Posted 5/7/16

stars201 wrote:

I don't give those people the time of day


Same here, but not everyone can handle their profile views going up like 100 plus in a day when they are offline or repeated adds by these creeps.
Posted 5/7/16

nanikore2 wrote:

Newsflash: Pervs have been online since the BBS days


I know. Its just skyrocketed in prevalence as of late, hence the topic.
11891 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Finland
Offline
Posted 5/7/16

Swaggercandy wrote:

Just saying I'm actually a dude and changed my gender to F to experiment with what its like to be a female on this site. Yes, there are people that do this, not sure why but I, as a guy, have gotten uncomfortable through said PMs. I play along but then it just gets too far and pushy. The thing is you can't really do anything about PMs because its not public for everyone to see, there aren't any rules there. You can report the person but that won't stop them from making a new account and acting like another user. The best thing to do is ignore, and block, or just change your gender to M if you are uncomfortable

Yes I'm looking at you people who talk in asterisks

EX: *hugs you from behind*



Changing or hiding your gender is the first thing I was going to suggest. No matter how feminine I act or how feminine my profile looks I never get these sorts of messages. Makes you a clear target for these perverts really.
48603 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / AZ
Offline
Posted 5/7/16
I'm not a girl but sometimes there is people that take it to far.
If someone says no it means NO!
Ditch the di*k pics and go outside to meet some girls!
1335 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 5/7/16
I'm officially glad I put my gender on here. I could see someone faking "M" too, just to be left alone.
Banned
21034 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Bundaberg, Queens...
Offline
Posted 5/7/16

GallifreyGirl wrote:


Ryulightorb wrote:

Simply put guys are disgusting perverts in general - Coming from a guy
Add in lonely men on forums and because girls don't like them as there anime fans and you have a ton of pervs.

Seriously i had a friend ...no two who got sent dick pics on cr all the time and people hitting on them its disgusting and something people seem to only get when a profile is marked as female.

Perverts are prevalent everywhere.

Report them and move on is all you can sadly do and i hope in the future we see mods take this more seriously however the problem isn't being solved easily partially due to victims not REPORTING what those pervs send.


Are you SERIOUS?! WTF man. Disturbing. About the reporting bit, I can attest to my sister-in-law doing so herself and me also reporting these people, and the mods did nothing.



Swaggercandy wrote:

Just saying I'm actually a dude and changed my gender to F to experiment with what its like to be a female on this site. Yes, there are people that do this, not sure why but I, as a guy, have gotten uncomfortable through said PMs. I play along but then it just gets too far and pushy. The thing is you can't really do anything about PMs because its not public for everyone to see, there aren't any rules there. You can report the person but that won't stop them from making a new account and acting like another user. The best thing to do is ignore, and block, or just change your gender to M if you are uncomfortable

Yes I'm looking at you people who talk in asterisks

EX: *hugs you from behind*



The asterisk thing is okay if its stuff like: *laughs, eating a cookie* or something basic like that, but you are right, its uncomfortable to the extreme, and the account bit is so true, I can't begin to say how true that is. Hm. The gender bit is smart, very smart.



The mods doing nothing there makes it happening partially the mods fault i hope they crack down on this sort of stuff :/
27373 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
39 / Inside your compu...
Offline
Posted 5/7/16

GallifreyGirl wrote:


nanikore2 wrote:

Newsflash: Pervs have been online since the BBS days


I know. Its just skyrocketed in prevalence as of late, hence the topic.


My opinion is that it's pretty much everywhere online, since there's sickos pretty much everywhere.

Stalking on an anon anime forum... Geez how desperate and pathetically sad. You'd think at least they're the regular kind of jerks that stalk Facebook profiles but, yeah.

If people get harassed and mods don't do their jobs, then the harassed need to vote with their feet and head on out of here- Sorry to hear about such things but there's nothing the rest of us could do.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.