Post Reply a favorite / watched list
74 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Canada
Offline
Posted 5/9/16
sorry if this topic is already opened i tried searching using keywords but got nothing.

anyways i would love if Crunchy roll had a queue like list where you could add anime/ect to it . it would be 10x easier adding series as you finish watching them, then updating your "fav" anime list every time. also having another list that's private/public of the anime you've already watched/complete. with having the option to featuring both lists on your profile. this makes it easy if another season comes out to go back to it. and have it in a list instead of leaving it in your queue and leaving it all messy.
im also new to this site so if this is already a thing im sorry but i didn't notice it.
just an idea i like having my stuff all neat and easy to get at.
50437 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
61 / M / Earth
Offline
Posted 5/10/16 , edited 5/10/16
There used to be a watchlist and favorites, but they obsoleted that functionality when they put the queue in place.

In case you didn't know, you can organize your queue somewhat, so that it isn't quite so messy:


But for keeping separate organized lists, such as "favorites", "watched", "want to watch", "dropped", "won't watch" etc., etc., you are better off using an external anime list making site, like one of these:

anime-planet.com
myanimelist.net
hummingbird.me
animenewsnetwork.com

The main reason is that those kinds of sites have most "other" shows in their library too, including ones which are not available on CR, so your lists can have all shows you are interested in, not just the ones CR has the license for. Of course, you can also just create CR-only lists there as well if you want to...

Also of note, when a license expires here, it disappears from your history and queue too, but it doesn't disappear from those external sites. So even if CR added an organizational feature like that, expired shows would likely do the same vanishing act.

I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for it; people have been asking for something similar for a long time, and since none of the other competing streaming sites (funi, hulu, netflix, Amazon, Daisuki, etc,etc) have a full "completed series" list keeping capability, there's no compelling competitive commercial reason for CR to do it, either.

Yes, it would be nice to have such a thing here, I'm not disagreeing that, but the probability is low.
74 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Canada
Offline
Posted 5/10/16
Funi does have one though thats where I got the idea from. But still I get what you are saying and it wouldn't be hard to add the feature so I thought I'd put it out there.
50437 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
61 / M / Earth
Offline
Posted 5/11/16

Uniquez6868 wrote:

Funi does have one though thats where I got the idea from. But still I get what you are saying and it wouldn't be hard to add the feature so I thought I'd put it out there.


Ah, I see the favorites list for Funi, now that I look on the web access -> my Profile -> Favorites... I only watch on Roku, (which doesn't have any reference to the favs list at all). I never use the web player, so I didn't notice it until you pointed it out. That's a little obscure, as you have to know it exists, and also know where to look to find it. But I could see that being useful, if you bookmarked it or something, and did all your watching in a browser...

Now that I look, I see that Hulu has separate Favorites and Queue as well. And those both do show up on the Roku if you look for them.
Amazon has a "Watchlist", which functions like the Queue, but no favorites
Netflix has "My List", so a queue, but no favorites, although, you can create multiple "profiles"

With competitors having at least semi-functional favorites lists (or usable substitutes) though, I'll have to revise my opinion about them being at least somewhat at a competitive feature disadvantage, at least for not having favorites (except for arcane, difficult to use, remnants here and there for those who once used them in the past).

But still no way to mark a complete series as watched/complete on any of the other streaming services, and even the episode history on Funi only tracks browser viewing, apparently, and it's only available to view that history on the web, too. It isn't showing my Roku activity, at least; maybe Funi's other apps have something different...
36013 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 5/18/16

asharka wrote:
But for keeping separate organized lists, such as "favorites", "watched", "want to watch", "dropped", "won't watch" etc., etc., you are better off using an external anime list making site, like one of these:

anime-planet.com
myanimelist.net
hummingbird.me
animenewsnetwork.com


I don't have accounts on any of those sites, nor would making one accomplish what I want. I want a place where I can put anime I've finished watching but might like to watch again some day that won't clutter up the queue of anime I'm currently going through.

I want this enough that I'm making my first post after being a member of this site for 5 years just to ask for it.
59746 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / Dallas, TX
Online
Posted 5/18/16

deamonmaster wrote:


asharka wrote:
But for keeping separate organized lists, such as "favorites", "watched", "want to watch", "dropped", "won't watch" etc., etc., you are better off using an external anime list making site, like one of these:

anime-planet.com
myanimelist.net
hummingbird.me
animenewsnetwork.com


I don't have accounts on any of those sites, nor would making one accomplish what I want. I want a place where I can put anime I've finished watching but might like to watch again some day that won't clutter up the queue of anime I'm currently going through.

I want this enough that I'm making my first post after being a member of this site for 5 years just to ask for it.


I believe several of those sites allow for the creation of customs lists, which would allow you to track the shows without leaving them in your queue (Hummingbird only has several pre-set lists: Currently Watching; Plan to Watch; Completed; On Hold; Dropped).
18149 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 5/22/16
I would really love to have the option to mark shows that I might like to rewatch at a later date other than leaving them in my queue. I miss the old favorites list.
60199 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Australia!
Offline
Posted 8/7/16

Llethander wrote:

I would really love to have the option to mark shows that I might like to rewatch at a later date other than leaving them in my queue. I miss the old favorites list.


Same. It's a pretty fked system. Feel like the site's falling to bits these days. : ( They make millions of dollars every year, & they say so. & yet what are they really giving back to us? There's no one of the Engineering side leading a charge to a better future for the site. Just patches & bug fixes that affect their profitability.
You must be logged in to post.