First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next  Last
Post Reply New Catalog Titles: Azazel, Sketchbook, Lost Universe, Ah My Buddha!!, Kyatto Ninden Teyandee, Ringing Bell, Library Wa
Manjador de Licenciamento
26389 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Brasil
Offline
Posted 5/16/16 , edited 5/29/16
What americans cant understand is that we in "the rest of world" are not mad because of a specific anime tittle (of course some ppl would like to watch one of these tittles). Like, I dont even knew the most of these tittles announced exist. We are not dumbs, we KNOW that Nozomi Entertainement, Discotek Media or cinedigm are americans company and they can only license for USA and Canada. The problem is that we in the rest of world exist, we are paying and we want to watch catalogs tittles of OUR companies here. But Crunchyroll cant even handle with local companies. Crunchyroll is completly weak in the negotiations outiside US. And look like they are not even trying. A lot of comments here say about Manga UK, Anime Limited or MadMan in english speak contries. But they are not the only. I cant speak for the whole world but I can speak for my region, LAtin America is one of most importants regions in Crunchyroll and we have LOTS of dubbed catalog animes in spanish and portuguese. We have LOTS of local companies. Ppl say like USA was the only place where animes are popular, what is not true. We exist and we want anime. Why CR is not even trying to bring them to us? Its frustranting... I'm tired of answer selfish americans who says "just go and watch in another site". We dont have another here, CR has no competition and even so cant got catalog licenses.... That was just an outburst, but I'm just asking for americans, please, stop being so selfish, we all here only want to watch anime...
15713 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Venezuela
Offline
Posted 5/16/16 , edited 5/19/16
Still they are announcing series for USA and Canada ......
1088 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Washington DC
Offline
Posted 5/16/16

Buzz201 wrote:


agila61 wrote:


But if they have 25 different English language sites, some large share of people "suppose to" go to other country's will come to the North American one because it has the most activity. And then that will reduce the activity at the other sites, and drive still more people to where the action is, so many of the "25" (or however many) other English language sites will be digital ghost towns.


What do you not understand about not emailing your entire mailing list for a title only available in US/CA/LAM/AU/NZ? The fact you think that is acceptable conduct, just shows how out of touch you are. And they already split the homepage up, so parts don't display titles not available in your region, I'm just asking that they also do that for the banners and scrolling images at the top.

Let me just say this: those couple of emails Crunchyroll sent about One Piece, to their entire mailing list, very likely breached UK advertising regulations. And if they didn't, the appearance of One Piece on the homepage and in banner ads (without any warning that it was region locked), certainly did.


And, to be perfectly blunt, I think the primary reason people pretend to be from North America on Crunchyroll, is because they don't give a crap about their other customers...


I hate to break it to you, but Crunchyroll is a US based streaming service. They are trying to get licenses for shows outside the US, but it is a lot trickier than you think.
920 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M
Offline
Posted 5/16/16 , edited 5/16/16
Thanks a bunch for adding Teyandee, Crunchyroll! Back when you added Samurai Pizza Cats, I was hoping Teyandee would eventually come too. Having both versions available handily like this is great. I appreciate your continued support of this great show.

EDIT: Just from watching half of the first episode it has become clear that the subtitles have been improved from the initial DVD release. I greatly appreciate this effort, whoever is responsible. The initial release had some problems with censorship and mistranslations here and there, so I am glad to see them being addressed.
13897 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Belgium
Offline
Posted 5/17/16 , edited 5/17/16

darthblazer67 wrote:
I hate to break it to you, but Crunchyroll is a US based streaming service. They are trying to get licenses for shows outside the US, but it is a lot trickier than you think.

I perfectly understand that Crunchyroll is trying to get licenses for shows outside the US. I know Europe is one hell of a maze when it comes to licenses. I wouldn’t bother be a premium member if I know they aren’t even trying. But they clearly have a lack of PR towards their international customers. It’s a consistent problem that people outside the US and Canada have the perception that they are treated as second rank customers (or even worse).

Buzz201 already mentioned the problem about the email subscription. I have them turned off for quite a while since they were clearly not targeted towards international customers but solely towards people from the US. The same problem goes for those blue bars at the top with some ads for the newest released episodes, most of the time for restricted shows. They should avoid these mistakes at all costs. Nobody likes false advertising! Personally, I’m against the idea of splitting the homepage though.

The problem mentioned by the people in this thread is that “New Catalog Titles” almost always involves shows which will only be available in the US and Canada. Therefore for quite some time me and some others are asking to add in the title that they are only for those countries to avoid disappointments after getting people pumped up. I think it’s a reasonable request, but clearly the top of Crunchyroll likes to ignore our suggestion.

15336 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Western Europe
Offline
Posted 5/17/16
Dear lugiamania and other CR staff can you please add the region restriction in the headline of
these posts? Something short like 'NA gets new catalog titles' or 'NA news' would be enough
to avoid disappointing customers in other markets. I know I would appreciate it.
jto1 
6901 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
45 / M / UK
Offline
Posted 5/17/16
Putting "US and Canda only" in the titles of threads like this would be good if they are all going to be US and Canda only. Though I'm still going to be disappointed if they are something I'd like to watch that isn't available for streaming in the UK elsewhere.
1088 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Washington DC
Offline
Posted 5/17/16

DeathlyForceX wrote:


darthblazer67 wrote:
I hate to break it to you, but Crunchyroll is a US based streaming service. They are trying to get licenses for shows outside the US, but it is a lot trickier than you think.

I perfectly understand that Crunchyroll is trying to get licenses for shows outside the US. I know Europe is one hell of a maze when it comes to licenses. I wouldn’t bother be a premium member if I know they aren’t even trying. But they clearly have a lack of PR towards their international customers. It’s a consistent problem that people outside the US and Canada have the perception that they are treated as second rank customers (or even worse).

Buzz201 already mentioned the problem about the email subscription. I have them turned off for quite a while since they were clearly not targeted towards international customers but solely towards people from the US. The same problem goes for those blue bars at the top with some ads for the newest released episodes, most of the time for restricted shows. They should avoid these mistakes at all costs. Nobody likes false advertising! Personally, I’m against the idea of splitting the homepage though.

The problem mentioned by the people in this thread is that “New Catalog Titles” almost always involves shows which will only be available in the US and Canada. Therefore for quite some time me and some others are asking to add in the title that they are only for those countries to avoid disappointments after getting people pumped up. I think it’s a reasonable request, but clearly the top of Crunchyroll likes to ignore our suggestion.



I see your point. Maybe someday CR will focus more on international customers, but for now there isn't anything that can be done. This doesn't affect me because I live in the US. Maybe someday for Europe, maybe someday...
74 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 5/17/16
For everything not on CR whatever you want is a google search/torrent/xdcc/usenet/ftp/whatever away. I love CR. I may not consume anime as much as some here. Lately I've found myself reading more manga on my tablet. I'm happy about "Yondemasuyo, Azazel-san" .... great show when you need a cheap laugh.
The Wise Wizard
99891 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
56 / M / U.S.A. (mid-south)
Offline
Posted 5/17/16

Suhkitty wrote:

Something short like 'NA gets new catalog titles' or 'NA news' would be enough
to avoid disappointing customers in other markets.

I expect CR would then get more complaints from people in Mexico and the Caribbean region.

It would probably be easier just to use "New International Catalog titles if anything beyond the US and Canada were included, although I expect CR would then get complaints that it wasn't truly international if only a few more countries were covered.

1242 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 5/17/16 , edited 5/17/16

darthblazer67 wrote:

I hate to break it to you, but Crunchyroll is a US based streaming service. They are trying to get licenses for shows outside the US, but it is a lot trickier than you think.


I know all this. I just don't see why I should care. As paying customers, it's Crunchyroll's responsibility to work out logistics, not ours to make allowances.

Indeed, many of us will make allowance, but at some point you have say "enough is enough" and Crunchyroll crossed that point long ago. It's now reached the point where people are willing to settle for just advance warning that titles are US/CA, which should tell you low Crunchyroll has set the bar for itself...


TheAncientOne wrote:


Suhkitty wrote:

Something short like 'NA gets new catalog titles' or 'NA news' would be enough
to avoid disappointing customers in other markets.

I expect CR would then get more complaints from people in Mexico and the Caribbean region.

It would probably be easier just to use "New International Catalog titles if anything beyond the US and Canada were included, although I expect CR would then get complaints that it wasn't truly international if only a few more countries were covered.



This has come up before, and it seems to be a weird European thing. When somebody in the UK says "North America" they will mean US and Canada, for some reason we generally don't regard Mexico or the Caribbean as North America.

US/CA isn't that much hard to type than NA though, so the point is kinda moot.
8804 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F
Offline
Posted 5/17/16 , edited 5/18/16
OMG Nodame Cantabile?? That's one of my favorite jdrama! ohh I hope you add the manga at some point!
Rawer 
10 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
35 / M / Austin, TX
Offline
Posted 5/18/16 , edited 5/18/16
Nodame!

I loved the Anime, and this Live-action is also great. The actress who plays Nodame is one of the cutest ever, and all the great classical music featured has got me hooked on the genre now.

Thanks, Crunchyroll, for saving me the trouble of buying the live action set!
jto1 
6901 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
45 / M / UK
Offline
Posted 5/18/16 , edited 5/18/16
Yay, new JDrama And it's a famous one And it's not US and Canada only! (CR seem better at getting more regions for JDrama catalogue titles than anime ones.) (and now they don't have to label the thread US and Canada only )
15277 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F / WA
Offline
Posted 5/18/16
Nodame Cantabile!!!!! oh my gosh what a pleasant surprise, i'm so happy to see my favorite J drama on here!!!!!!
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.