Post Reply When exactly am I getting my monthly guest pass today?
5 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 5/13/16
I got a free month of premium and today is the last day and today is when I'm able to get a 48-hour premium guest pass? Am I going to have to wait the entire day to get the guest pass and cancel at 11:59 PDT? Can I cancel before then and still get my premium guest pass so I can sleep? Please help please
The Wise Wizard
100935 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
56 / M / U.S.A. (mid-south)
Offline
Posted 5/13/16 , edited 5/13/16

TheHollowKid wrote:

Can I cancel before then and still get my premium guest pass so I can sleep?

Any guest pass that might be issued would expire along with your premium membership, as is explicitly stated at the bottom of the image you posted.
5 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 5/13/16 , edited 5/13/16
Do know the general time they'd be give out?

Can Free Premium Members even get the premium guest pass?

One Punch Mod
85903 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Boston-ish
Offline
Posted 5/13/16 , edited 5/13/16

TheHollowKid wrote:

Do know the general time they'd be give out?

Can Free Premium Members even get the premium guest pass?



1), please don't double/triple post. Use the edit link if you need to add something instead of just making new posts (if yours is already the last post in a thread). I've just merged your posts and deleted the one that contained no meaningful content.

2) No idea about exactly when guest passes get into one's account, when guest passes are working. For quite some time now the guest pass feature has actually not been working for a lot of people, so even if your guest pass page says you'll be getting a pass, you might not.

3) I don't think members who are on a trial premium membership (if that's what you mean by "Free Premium Members) get the premium guest pass, but that might just be because the regular trial is usually 14 days, and guest passes are earned monthly.

If you do stay a premium member and don't get a guest pass when you should, but you want one to give to someone, contact customer support per the information in the sticky thread: /forumtopic-943115/guest-pass-inquiries
43650 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
60 / M / Earth
Offline
Posted 5/13/16

lorreen wrote:
2) No idea about exactly when guest passes get into one's account, when guest passes are working. For quite some time now the guest pass feature has actually not been working for a lot of people, so even if your guest pass page says you'll be getting a pass, you might not.


You've seen this, right? It's not looking all that good for the return of scheduled passes...

https://crunchyroll.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/210253553
One Punch Mod
85903 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Boston-ish
Offline
Posted 5/13/16 , edited 5/13/16

asharka wrote:


lorreen wrote:
2) No idea about exactly when guest passes get into one's account, when guest passes are working. For quite some time now the guest pass feature has actually not been working for a lot of people, so even if your guest pass page says you'll be getting a pass, you might not.


You've seen this, right? It's not looking all that good for the return of scheduled passes...

https://crunchyroll.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/210253553


Thanks! I had not seen that. I'd only heard hints of such a possibility, but no one came right out and told me. Well, good to see they are being somewhat direct about it now. And honestly, it was pretty clear that passes were being abused and used as a regular way of getting premium access rather than as the mini-trial they were intended to be.

Now, if only they would take away the misleading guest pass part of our account pages. So damned sloppy. Yeah, maybe they are "evaluating whether or not to continue providing them as a service" but it would be nice if one's guest pass page actually said that instead of perpetually promising a guest pass in X number of days.
You must be logged in to post.