First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
Post Reply Why can't premium have an option for non-censored episodes?
165 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / Alabama
Offline
Posted 5/13/16 , edited 5/13/16
I'm not going to lie about this I am extremely perverted which is one of the reasons I'm bringing this up. But another reason is, censorship sometimes take away from the actual series. Why can't premium memberships have an option in their setting to where you can turn the censoring on or off? I think that would make since. What's your opinion and why can't we, or do we have that option and i just over-looked it somewhere.
16759 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Hoosierville
Offline
Posted 5/13/16 , edited 5/15/16
I bet the uncensored versions are one of the selling points of the DVD's. I doubt the studios would agree to it.
Posted 5/13/16 , edited 5/15/16
I think CR has said in the past that the censorship is done by the producers of the show and not them. They are given the show much like TV station would be.
5019 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M
Offline
Posted 5/13/16
I wish CR would let it's premium users get bigger avatars.
18398 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
45 / M / savannah
Offline
Posted 5/13/16
some of the shows are not censored. Its a mater of how they get it. They cant just turn it off or on, but they could pay for the uncensored copy.
24265 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 5/13/16

nooneinparticular wrote:

I think CR has said in the past that the censorship is done by the producers of the show and not them. They are given the show much like TV station would be.


.

It sucks but that's the way it is.
Tay01 
27230 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 5/13/16 , edited 5/13/16
I want my gore gosh darn it.
Banned
17503 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / B.C, Canada
Offline
Posted 5/13/16 , edited 5/15/16
I don't mind censorship when it's done tastefully or in a way that makes sense. But when ya just throw black bars in like they are going out of fashion I have issue with it.
Posted 5/13/16 , edited 5/13/16
Although they did get Terraformers uncensored so I guess if it's popular enough and the producers have an uncensored version available they will try and get it.
Posted 5/13/16
If you go to settings, and video preferences you'll see they have the option of "Show or Hide mature content" (͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
52866 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
100 / M
Offline
Posted 5/14/16
Perhaps we can have uncensored show by proving that we're over above of age 18, so that way CR won't get in trouble if Parents complains. -shrugs-

I didn't think of that, didn't even noticed we got censored show.

Vote for Marcus Octavius to change the law to get rid of Censorship!
lawdog 
40439 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 5/14/16 , edited 5/15/16
There's a variety of issues at work here:
1) Sometimes shows are never broadcast uncensored in Japan; any uncensored version is left for the DVD/Bluray sales. The result is that CR isn't a publisher of an anime for DVD sales, it doesn't get an uncensored run later on.
2) Sometimes a show is broadcast censored on TV, but uncensored on certain satellite networks, mainly ATX. IIRC, ATX has a monthly membership fee of about $30 a month. ATX doesn't want to lose out on its exclusivity for those broadcasts, so CR is only provided with the broadcast version.
3) CR has the ability to get the uncensored version, but it costs a lot of money, making it not worth the price.

Those are just a few of the issues CR has to face in bringing anime over. I do agree, uncensored versions can make a huge difference, and those sites which have the rights to publish and also put uncensored versions of their product out for streaming are to be commended.
20839 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Bundaberg, Queens...
Offline
Posted 5/14/16
If Ye want to watch thee uncensored versions piracy is the life forw you!


*i do not recommend piracy and strictly must advise against this I'm writing this just incase someone reports my joke and the mods take me seriously (it's happened before on steam)
33510 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / U.S.A.
Offline
Posted 5/14/16 , edited 5/14/16
Because it would look bad for a site purporting to be family friendly.


Rujikin wrote:

I bet the uncensored versions are one of the selling points of the DVD's. I doubt the studios would agree to it.

Also this
52866 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
100 / M
Offline
Posted 5/15/16 , edited 5/15/16

lawdog wrote:

There's a variety of issues at work here:
1) Sometimes shows are never broadcast uncensored in Japan; any uncensored version is left for the DVD/Bluray sales. The result is that CR isn't a publisher of an anime for DVD sales, it doesn't get an uncensored run later on.
2) Sometimes a show is broadcast censored on TV, but uncensored on certain satellite networks, mainly ATX. IIRC, ATX has a monthly membership fee of about $30 a month. ATX doesn't want to lose out on its exclusivity for those broadcasts, so CR is only provided with the broadcast version.
3) CR has the ability to get the uncensored version, but it costs a lot of money, making it not worth the price.

Those are just a few of the issues CR has to face in bringing anime over. I do agree, uncensored versions can make a huge difference, and those sites which have the rights to publish and also put uncensored versions of their product out for streaming are to be commended.



Hm Interesting.. I alway thoughts that Japan are flexable with non-censored.. Due to reading Final Fantasy II Maz long time ago.. It show a dancer without a clothes in Japanese version, but in English version the dancer have clothes on.. I was surprised.. Than I was told that because Japanese people are perverts :p.

Many years later now.. I thought that they're flexable with nudity/sex.. Just that I thought they're all uncensored as like the Word Censored doesn't exist in Japan heh.
First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.