First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next  Last
Post Reply The confusion of feminism
122 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F / US
Offline
Posted 5/16/16 , edited 5/18/16

MrAnimeSK wrote:


UsagiRave wrote:

II have no idea what s going on here!:D


I know, its confusing, right!?
But i suggest that you watch those two videos i posted in my previous post. They will shed some light. ;)



Good post. Preach!


I don't see where I get angry and throw up walls of text :P

Why can't we all just be happy and have fun here. I have a saying, "Just as you are a product of your environment, you create the environment around you".

I really like fish, I caught one today and named him Raul, Lord of the Pond. He's cute.
9285 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Australia
Offline
Posted 5/16/16 , edited 5/16/16

PrinceJudar wrote:


MrAnimeSK wrote:

I'll just leave this here; (i have posted this here in someone elses thread before but dont think anyone watched it)
Why Women DESTROY NATIONS * / CIVILIZATIONS - and other UNCOMFORTABLE TRUTHS https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UxpVwBzFAkw
It goes into the effects that "feminism" is having on the western world. It goes into the Islam side of things also.
Please watch and leave your thoughts.


We almost need a topic dedicated to going through this video. I'm already seeing a couple flaws.





I thought it was quite good and quite accurate but yes i do agree there are some things that are not 100% accurate.
Or arguable at least.
But statistics dont lie. And history speaks for itself.
(hope you made it through to the end before you judged it).

EDIT:

UsagiRave wrote:



I don't see where I get angry and throw up walls of text :P

Why can't we all just be happy and have fun here. I have a saying, "Just as you are a product of your environment, you create the environment around you".

I really like fish, I caught one today and named him Raul, Lord of the Pond. He's cute.


There is indeed truth in that. I just find it hard to accpet all this bullshit going on in the world around me though. It makes me sick. Fucking do gooders. Its all their fault.
The west is endangered and really, why should i care? iam not going to live forever.
Faxsel 
25 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Australia
Offline
Posted 5/16/16 , edited 5/18/16
Feminist value is about equality of sexes but feminism doesn't take into account how
hard it is for gender equality with multiculturalism as well as traditions and
generational conditioning that is facilitated during youth and adolescence.

As most people of different culture who grow up not in there home land but overseas
can inform you its hard to have equal gender norms when your own culture doesn't
and is unwilling to at the moment accept the equality or try to put more laws and
education in place to encourage equality among the sexes. A lot of the time when
a person who is very interested in there own culture has a look at gender norms
and laws in place within their home land as well as community and social
opinions it blows there mind how behind or lacking the culture is in gender equality.

After also looking at the beginning of feminist movements and the reality of life now
in 2016 compared to 1916 women have come far and reached a lot of heights but
unfortunately not all culture are willing or have tried to change attitudes, and with
the feminist movement of today scattered and seemingly in a civil war like
movement with no one truly having one solid idea of what "feminism" actually
stands for we the females of today are left with either middle ground and picking
up things we like from both sides being one or the other or just standing at the
side lines wondering what is wrong with some females of today and what happened to
the feminists as the ideal in the beginning was for something real.
22653 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 5/16/16

MrAnimeSK wrote:


I thought it was quite good and quite accurate but yes i do agree there are some things that are not 100% accurate.
Or arguable at least.
But statistics dont lie. And history speaks for itself.
(hope you made it through to the end before you judged it).


I've watched it before, this is probably my 3rd or 4th time watching it now. It's not that it isn't an interesting thought or some of the points made aren't valid, but he makes a lot of jumps in his logic to reach the catchy conclusion for a title. There's a lot of factors unaccounted for as well.

Think of it this way. If you can sum up how civilization's collapse throughout all of human history in a 18 minute youtube video (which is like 3-4 pages typed) something is missing--well, a lot of something.

I'd argue it's quite the slippery slope argument. I think we could get a bunch of people here to really sift through it and point out some of those gaps better (or invalid points). It's catchy and interesting (the point is to be entertaining), but I can't lie and say it's remotely close to substantiated truth rather than just a interesting conjecture.

9285 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Australia
Offline
Posted 5/16/16 , edited 5/16/16

Faxsel wrote:

Feminist value is about equality of sexes but feminism doesn't take into account how
hard it is for gender equality with multiculturalism as well as traditions and
generational conditioning that is facilitated during youth and adolescence.

As most people of different culture who grow up not in there home land but overseas
can inform you its hard to have equal gender norms when your own culture doesn't
and is unwilling to at the moment accept the equality or try to put more laws and
education in place to encourage equality among the sexes. A lot of the time when
a person who is very interested in there own culture has a look at gender norms
and laws in place within their home land as well as community and social
opinions it blows there mind how behind or lacking the culture is in gender equality.

After also looking at the beginning of feminist movements and the reality of life now
in 2016 compared to 1916 women have come far and reached a lot of heights but
unfortunately not all culture are willing or have tried to change attitudes, and with
the feminist movement of today scattered and seemingly in a civil war like
movement with no one truly having one solid idea of what "feminism" actually
stands for we the females of today are left with either middle ground and picking
up things we like from both sides being one or the other or just standing at the
side lines wondering what is wrong with some females of today and what happened to
the feminists as the ideal in the beginning was for something real.


It was about that. Not anymore though. I compare it to Islamic extremists, or actual racists, it has been tainted by extremisim and and far left wing propaganda as well.

Yes, other cultures will not, at least for the time being change or adjust or intergrate into western society. Its madness to expect otherwise. That is why i do not understand why feminists seem so left wing and in support of the Islamization of the west when if anything, Islam is much more simialr to the right wing as opossed to the left. And it threatens freedom and certainly goes against feminism.
It is so foreign to the west and it will inot intergrate. Even the peaceful nice Muslims still would never believe in western feminism.

Education is definitely a key factor.

Like i said earlier, what more could western "feminists" possibly want??? seriously? what will it take?
You've invaded every male hobbie, you work, you vote, you've entered previously male dominated work industries, all the women i work with get equal pay, you are treated equal when it suits you but will still forever be given favourites(particulary if you are sexually attractive), can always pull the victim card, etc etc etc
I understand that feminism was important when women were literally given almost no rights and couldn't even work or vote or drive or etc but what more do you want?
The femnazis have gotten so desperate and delusional they are finding ANY and EVERYTHING to complain about and they're poisoning young girls minds and leaving men not knowing how to act or what women actually want and not sure of their own identity or role anymore.

I mean how can western women cry about such pettie things, as they do, whilst women are strill being treated as they are all across the globe (Africa, India, Middle east, south east Asian, etc).




PrinceJudar wrote:


MrAnimeSK wrote:


I thought it was quite good and quite accurate but yes i do agree there are some things that are not 100% accurate.
Or arguable at least.
But statistics dont lie. And history speaks for itself.
(hope you made it through to the end before you judged it).


I've watched it before, this is probably my 3rd or 4th time watching it now. It's not that it isn't an interesting thought or some of the points made aren't valid, but he makes a lot of jumps in his logic to reach the catchy conclusion for a title. There's a lot of factors unaccounted for as well.

Think of it this way. If you can sum up how civilization's collapse throughout all of human history in a 18 minute youtube video (which is like 3-4 pages typed) something is missing--well, a lot of something.

I'd argue it's quite the slippery slope argument. I think we could get a bunch of people here to really sift through it and point out some of those gaps better (or invalid points). It's catchy and interesting (the point is to be entertaining), but I can't lie and say it's remotely close to substantiated truth rather than just a interesting conjecture.



Well as i said, the evidence is there. But can women be blamed solely? Of course not.
22653 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 5/16/16 , edited 5/16/16

MrAnimeSK wrote:

Well as i said, the evidence is there. But can women be blamed solely? Of course not.


A scant amount. I wouldn't say enough evidence to say he justified his conclusion by any extent. It's not bad though, just more entertainment than I think people take it as. He raises some interesting angles that would require more investigation (but it does not negate the complexity of causes). At the very least it gets people to consider woman's contribution of fault (and that's a good thing).

I think it would have been better if he framed it less entertaining than he did, but meh. Can't say those catchy titles and flashy conclusions don't get the views.


2277 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
42 / M
Offline
Posted 5/16/16 , edited 5/18/16
I can't even begin to explain the reasoning behind some of these people. I do know that many on both sides of the isles have the wrong impressions of feminism and many feminists are not actual feminists. I think the word for it should be changed to "Humanist". Real feminists do not hate anyone, especially men. Yes feminism focuses a lot of women's rights but feminism was intended to be people who fight for all humans rights, men and women and to promote equality of all. Just like with every thing else you get individuals who have to twist and warp it into something it was never intended to be. People warp religion, they warp sex, they warp politics and they warp justice so why wouldn't they also warp this? Still there's some very good people out there who call themselves feminists and are out there fighting for everyone. I think the whole title or word feminism puts out the wrong idea. It's all about being human, not just a female. Emma Watson gave a very good speech at the UN about feminism and is in my opinion how feminism is supposed to be. She said:


I was appointed six months ago and the more I have spoken about feminism the more I have realized that fighting for women’s rights has too often become synonymous with man-hating. If there is one thing I know for certain, it is that this has to stop. For the record, feminism by definition is: “The belief that men and women should have equal rights and opportunities. It is the theory of the political, economic and social equality of the sexes.”


Which pretty much hits the nail right on the head. Everyone should be concerned with gender equality. Not just women. It's a human right and everyone regardless of sex, religion or occupation should be treated exactly the same. We should all be treated as humans.
218 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Australia
Offline
Posted 5/16/16

UsagiRave wrote:

I don't see where I get angry and throw up walls of text :P

Why can't we all just be happy and have fun here. I have a saying, "Just as you are a product of your environment, you create the environment around you".

I really like fish, I caught one today and named him Raul, Lord of the Pond. He's cute.



Yeah sorry that was a bit ranty. But I just want to add something I never mentioned in my last post, I do support equal rights and equal opportunity for women, and I do consider women as equal to men, which is why I disagree with modern 3rd wave feminism. Modern feminism makes women out to be too weak and incapable to achieve anything that men can achieve, and often makes women look like entitled brats. Is that really something that women want to be a part of?
22653 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 5/16/16

Jecht67 wrote:

Yeah sorry that was a bit ranty. But I just want to add something I never mentioned in my last post, I do support equal rights and equal opportunity for women, and I do consider women as equal to men, which is why I disagree with modern 3rd wave feminism. Modern feminism makes women out to be too weak and incapable to achieve anything that men can achieve, and often makes women look like entitled brats. Is that really something that women want to be a part of?


Nope, it's irritating as fuck actually.



Won't be changing anytime soon though.

122 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F / US
Offline
Posted 5/16/16

Jecht67 wrote:


UsagiRave wrote:

I don't see where I get angry and throw up walls of text :P

Why can't we all just be happy and have fun here. I have a saying, "Just as you are a product of your environment, you create the environment around you".

I really like fish, I caught one today and named him Raul, Lord of the Pond. He's cute.



Yeah sorry that was a bit ranty. But I just want to add something I never mentioned in my last post, I do support equal rights and equal opportunity for women, and I do consider women as equal to men, which is why I disagree with modern 3rd wave feminism. Modern feminism makes women out to be too weak and incapable to achieve anything that men can achieve, and often makes women look like entitled brats. Is that really something that women want to be a part of?


I just kinda think its weird that anyone would attempt to involve themselves in so much negativity. Be it directly or not. A wise man once said "If there's nothing you can do about something, then there's no reason to worry about it".

Your time is finite, all you can try to do is make the most of it. Dont get me wrong if you enjoy this, go for it. Dont let the negativity of yesterday linger in your thoughts today.
665 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 5/16/16 , edited 5/18/16

maxgale wrote:


sah36ila wrote:

The vast majority of Muslims are moderat pious people who suffer more from terrorism and violence than non-Muslims. Ninety.three percent of Muslims do not support extremist views of terrorism. you people should read more




About that.......





"...majorities in most regions say a wife should always obey her husband. Medians of more than eight-in-ten Muslims express this view in Southeast Asia (93%), South Asia (88%), and the Middle East and North Africa (87%). Even in Central Asia, a region characterized by relatively low levels of religious observance and strong support for a woman’s right to decide whether to wear a veil, seven-in-ten Muslims agree that a wife should carry out her husband’s wishes.11 Only in Southern and Eastern Europe do fewer than half (median of 43%) share this view."

















There's just no way around it. If those are the "moderates", the religion just isn't compatible with Western society.


@>@ Those posts are not accurate not sure where your finding your facts also do not claim to understand muslims unless you have proper fact to back it.
27451 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / USA! USA! USA!
Offline
Posted 5/16/16

sah36ila wrote:


maxgale wrote:


sah36ila wrote:

The vast majority of Muslims are moderat pious people who suffer more from terrorism and violence than non-Muslims. Ninety.three percent of Muslims do not support extremist views of terrorism. you people should read more




About that.......





"...majorities in most regions say a wife should always obey her husband. Medians of more than eight-in-ten Muslims express this view in Southeast Asia (93%), South Asia (88%), and the Middle East and North Africa (87%). Even in Central Asia, a region characterized by relatively low levels of religious observance and strong support for a woman’s right to decide whether to wear a veil, seven-in-ten Muslims agree that a wife should carry out her husband’s wishes.11 Only in Southern and Eastern Europe do fewer than half (median of 43%) share this view."

















There's just no way around it. If those are the "moderates", the religion just isn't compatible with Western society.


@>@ Those posts are not accurate not sure where your finding your facts also do not claim to understand muslims unless you have proper fact to back it.




From the Pew Research Center?


They even show their methodology if you desire to dispute it.
665 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 5/16/16 , edited 5/18/16

maxgale wrote:


sah36ila wrote:


maxgale wrote:


sah36ila wrote:

The vast majority of Muslims are moderat pious people who suffer more from terrorism and violence than non-Muslims. Ninety.three percent of Muslims do not support extremist views of terrorism. you people should read more




About that.......





"...majorities in most regions say a wife should always obey her husband. Medians of more than eight-in-ten Muslims express this view in Southeast Asia (93%), South Asia (88%), and the Middle East and North Africa (87%). Even in Central Asia, a region characterized by relatively low levels of religious observance and strong support for a woman’s right to decide whether to wear a veil, seven-in-ten Muslims agree that a wife should carry out her husband’s wishes.11 Only in Southern and Eastern Europe do fewer than half (median of 43%) share this view."

















There's just no way around it. If those are the "moderates", the religion just isn't compatible with Western society.


@>@ Those posts are not accurate not sure where your finding your facts also do not claim to understand muslims unless you have proper fact to back it.




From the Pew Research Center?


They even show their methodology if you desire to dispute it.

كنت أضيع و you waste time
28224 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 5/16/16 , edited 5/18/16

maxgale wrote:
From the Pew Research Center?

They even show their methodology if you desire to dispute it.


The methodology isn't the problem, its you cutting it out of context that is the problem. -.-

Seeing as the study you're citing also has the following snippets:


Overwhelming percentages of Muslims in many countries want Islamic law (sharia) to be the official law of the land, according to a worldwide survey by the Pew Research Center. But many supporters of sharia say it should apply only to their country’s Muslim population.

Indeed, the survey finds that support for making sharia the law of the land is often higher in countries where the constitution or basic laws already favor Islam over other religions. By comparison, in countries where Islam is not legally favored, roughly a third or fewer Muslims say sharia should be the law of the land.

The survey finds that religious devotion also shapes attitudes toward sharia. In many countries, Muslims with higher levels of religious commitment are more likely to support sharia.

Similarly, the survey finds no consistent link between support for enshrining sharia as official law and attitudes toward religiously motivated violence.


As for being "incompatible with western society" as you put it:




Most Muslims are comfortable practicing their faith in the contemporary world. Relatively few feel there is an inherent conflict between being religiously devout and living in a modern society, and the prevailing view in most countries surveyed is that there is no inherent conflict between religion and science.



American Muslims are even more likely than Muslims in other countries to firmly reject violence in the name of Islam.


Although it seems American culture is actually having a negative effect as well:


However, American Muslims are somewhat less likely to believe in evolution than are Muslims in other parts of the world (45% vs. global median of 53%). Indeed, when it comes to evolution, U.S. Muslims are closer to U.S. Christians (46% of whom say they believe in evolution) than they are to fellow Muslims elsewhere in the world.


TL;DR religious conservatives in conservative countries are conservative. If you think you're going to see any wildly different notions when you look at Christian conservatives in the US you're kidding yourself. In fact the US is the only nation bucking religious trends:





So congrats on being religiously ass backwards!

Context is fun, isn't it?






22653 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 5/16/16

runec wrote:






That sick burn.



Can Max make a comeback from that? Probably going to need a different angle. That one just got shredded.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.