First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
Post Reply New animes you stopped short?
6402 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Heuco Mundo
Offline
Posted 5/17/16
Hundred - Could'nt get past the 1st episode.
Ace Attorney - Worst animation and soooo boring - Dropped after the 1st episode.
Flying witch - May become good later but 1st episode felt flat for me.
No Game No Life - Dropped after 3 eps. It was really bad.


6325 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / Hakoniwa Academy
Offline
Posted 5/17/16
I've dropped Cerberus and Ace Attorney.
Cerberus because it felt like nothing was happening, and it started to feel like a chore watching it, and Ace Attorney, because although I liked the adaptation, I had already played some of the cases.
Shiisi 
137 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
16 / M / South Carolina
Offline
Posted 5/17/16 , edited 5/19/16

Catlife wrote:

Hundred - Could'nt get past the 1st episode.
Ace Attorney - Worst animation and soooo boring - Dropped after the 1st episode.
Flying witch - May become good later but 1st episode felt flat for me.
No Game No Life - Dropped after 3 eps. It was really bad.




One does not simply drop No Game No Life...

2269 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
42 / M
Offline
Posted 5/18/16
Recent anime's I've dropped are:

Hundred: A Hundred cliché's in the first episode alone. Really bad animation. Just very very generic all the way around.

Cerebrus: Horrible animation. Even worse than Hundred's. Even more generic than Hundred and that's saying a lot. Tries too hard to be too cool and just falls flat on it's face. It's a shame because I was really looking forward to this one.

Kiznaiver: I was REALLY looking forward to this one. The premise about a group of people who all share each other's pain sounded so intriguing. But then I watched the first episode and realized how bad it was. I've kept watching in the hopes that it will get better but it only gets worse. They really destroyed what could have been such a great idea. I cannot get past the bland characters that I could not care for much less empathize with the MC who is basically a doorknob. He's just completely meh, zombiefied, dead, boring bland and bad. Even if I could get past all of that the one thing that I cannot overlook is the whole "the end justifies the means" attitude the show adopts and the fact that not a single one of the characters acts even remotely rational or normal in this situation.

Basically


And last season I dropped:

Phantasy Star Online: so far literally the worst anime I have ever seen. It's basically one big commercial for their game. Instead of exploring the whole mythology of their game's universe they go with the whole "kids at school playing a game" routine and every single second of every single episode is dedicated to trying to convince you of how cool this game is. These kids are playing it and think it's cool so you should too so run right out and buy it. I would rather watch Pepsi the anime than this.

Sword Art Online: I will NEVER understand why this is so popular but that's the good thing about anime. Everyone has different tastes and what one person dislikes another may love.

Gate: Way too heavy with it's imperialism/nationalism and I just can't think of the so called good guys as good guys.


I know there was more than that but I can't currently think of them. These are the one's that disappointed me the most.
8488 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Imoutoland!
Offline
Posted 5/18/16

knliu172 wrote:

Twin star Exorcists

Anne Happy

Big Order

Tanaka-kun is Always Listless

Netoge no Yome wa Onnanoko ja Nai to Omotta



I mean, it's not like these animes are bad or anything,
but more of the fact that there are other new animes out that are better



Honestly? I don't think there's a lot of "new" CGDCT series that aired the last 3 seasons.
17710 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M
Online
Posted 5/18/16 , edited 5/18/16
Twin Star Exorcists: Unsure, started to bore me.

Big Order: Reminded me of X-Men and never liked X-Men.

Bakuon: Girls seem to annoy me and are obsessive over motorcycles. Passionate people are fine but when they are obsessive that is where I draw the line.

Phantasy Star Online: Felt more like a commercial and was expecting more of a show based in the game, not some school like real life.

And that is all I can think of.
32274 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / St.Louis - USA
Offline
Posted 5/18/16
Gyakuten Saiban: Sono "Shinjitsu", Igi Ari!
1608 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 5/18/16 , edited 5/18/16
Dagashi Kashi....

/jk It just finished earlier than I thought. "That was it? Too short!" I thought. lol

That Kurosou Pet thingy. Got real boring after while.
37 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / F
Offline
Posted 5/18/16

Catlife wrote:

Hundred - Could'nt get past the 1st episode.
Ace Attorney - Worst animation and soooo boring - Dropped after the 1st episode.
Flying witch - May become good later but 1st episode felt flat for me.
No Game No Life - Dropped after 3 eps. It was really bad.




Wow

No game no life probably is my top anime ever

the pacing/fanservice/plot, i thought, was great, but i guess the colors are annoying at first?
15746 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
37 / M / Virginia USA
Online
Posted 5/18/16
<insert your favorite anime here>
13577 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / Australia
Offline
Posted 5/18/16
Enride, I just couldn't... I don't drop a lot of anime...
6402 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Heuco Mundo
Offline
Posted 5/18/16

knliu172 wrote:


Catlife wrote:

Hundred - Could'nt get past the 1st episode.
Ace Attorney - Worst animation and soooo boring - Dropped after the 1st episode.
Flying witch - May become good later but 1st episode felt flat for me.
No Game No Life - Dropped after 3 eps. It was really bad.




Wow

No game no life probably is my top anime ever

the pacing/fanservice/plot, i thought, was great, but i guess the colors are annoying at first?


I tried my best to watch at least 3 episodes since my cousin said it was good. I guess it was not my cup of tea.
40 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M / UK
Offline
Posted 5/19/16
Ace Attorney, if you know the games you know the anime. They could've at least adapted the manga or something.
8728 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / M / Behind you!
Offline
Posted 5/19/16

knliu172 wrote:

Netoge no Yome wa Onnanoko ja Nai to Omotta


I mean, it's not like these animes are bad or anything,
but more of the fact that there are other new animes out that are better



How could you not like "And you thought there is never a girl online?" It is a stereotypical harem, but its hilarious when the main guy finds how his class mates are girls that play the same game as him while his in game wife turns out to be an obsessive girl that follows him around (and doesn't like it when other girls get close) until the guy discovers he has feelings for her. It is typical, it is just funny cause 1) It involves games 2) Isn't about a "death game" and the 3) MC isn't stupid OP or drives the all the girls nuts or they want to get in his pants (aside from 1), its a little bit of slice of life (in game and IRL ) that makes it enjoyable.
37 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / F
Offline
Posted 5/19/16

Reiter01 wrote:


knliu172 wrote:

Netoge no Yome wa Onnanoko ja Nai to Omotta


I mean, it's not like these animes are bad or anything,
but more of the fact that there are other new animes out that are better



How could you not like "And you thought there is never a girl online?" It is a stereotypical harem, but its hilarious when the main guy finds how his class mates are girls that play the same game as him while his in game wife turns out to be an obsessive girl that follows him around (and doesn't like it when other girls get close) until the guy discovers he has feelings for her. It is typical, it is just funny cause 1) It involves games 2) Isn't about a "death game" and the 3) MC isn't stupid OP or drives the all the girls nuts or they want to get in his pants (aside from 1), its a little bit of slice of life (in game and IRL ) that makes it enjoyable.


everything that you've said is completely true

but i just have like 6-7 ongoing animes that ive been watching
and netoge no yome wa onnanoko ja nai to omotta just had to be pushed out

although, maybe when i have more free time in the summer, i'll go back to it
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.