First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
Post Reply New animes you stopped short?
8738 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Behind you!
Offline
Posted 5/27/16
New seasons are supposed to start in a couple weeks since most series are at least 3/4 of the way through 12 episodes. Can only hope their are at least more then 4 or 5 decent series, cause the short 3-7 minute are better then the full length 23 min episode series for the last year.

Some people are hating on Pan de Piece or Usakame, at least they are better then Enride, Hundred or Cerberus. You don't have to sit through 23 minutes wanting to slam your head into a wall and for the 3-7 mins they are kind of entertaining.
7773 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
42 / M
Offline
Posted 6/6/16
Big Order! Ouch! Arg, I can not remember the name of the other!
13171 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M
Offline
Posted 6/6/16 , edited 6/8/16
There are many this season.

Asterisk War/Hundred - Generic Harem/Action/School Anime. World Break, Infinite Stratos, Irregular at Magic School, Rakudai Kishi, etc... Pretty much the same anime, different characters. Sometimes I thought I was watching the same anime. Except that I actually like Rakudai Kishi because it had good animation and battles.

Big Order - I had high expectations after reading the manga. However, the anime adaptation feels like a mess. It probably won't even have a proper ending.

Kiznaiver - I don't know what I am watching. I know Kiznaiver is pretty popular in the polls, but it just seemed dull to me. Maybe I'll give it a try once the season is complete.

Endride/Cerberus - Dull

44 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M
Offline
Posted 6/6/16
Kabeneri of the Iron Fortress - Felt like a weaker version of Attack on Titan with very unlikable characters and dumb plot decisions. I didn't feel invested or interested in anything that was going on.
25039 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / [ ᴄʟᴀssɪғɪᴇᴅ ]
Offline
Posted 6/6/16

These are some of mine. Mayhaps others would beg to disagree, but I simply can't find myself sticking to em with held interest.


Twin Star Exorcists --- Thought I'd give this a go....


Mayoiga: The Lost Village --- I've been eagerly awaiting for its release, when I saw this on the lineup. And as it came out, I've went past the 3-episode tryout, giving this a proper chance to redeem itself....... and still, felt flat-out disappointed due to too many issues. Pacing is just one amongst many.



Netoge no Yome wa Onnanoko ja Nai to Omotta --- I was expecting somethin' different in terms of plot,
Fadaar 
9509 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / Georgia
Offline
Posted 6/6/16 , edited 6/6/16

Arantes wrote:

There are many this season.

Asterisk War/Hundred - Generic Harem/Action/School Anime. World Break, Infinite Stratos, Irregular at Magic School, Rakudai Kishi, etc... Pretty much the same anime, different characters. Sometimes I thought I was watching the same anime. Except that I actually like Rakudai Kishi because it had good animation and battles.

Big Order - I had high expectations after reading the manga. However, the anime adaptation feels like a mess. It probably won't even have a proper ending.

Kiznaiver - I don't know what I am watching. I know Kiznaiver is pretty popular in the polls, but it just seemed dull to me. Maybe I'll give it a try once the season is complete.

Endride/Cerberus - Dull



I can't really disagree with anything you said, especially regarding the same old cookie cutter battle harem/high school shows. HOWEVER... I'd recommend you go back and watch Irregular at Magic School. The first arc is admittedly pretty boring, but it really picks up and gets WAY better after the first arc. Give it another chance IMO.
856 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M
Offline
Posted 6/7/16 , edited 6/7/16
Let's see...I haven't dropped many.

This season:

#1 Endride: Not my cup 'a tea, one may say. I may being a bit harsh on it, but I just couldn't connect too much to the characters.

#2 Sakamoto desu ga?: The concept seemed interesting though I have to say it seemed kinda overdone at times? I don't know. It didn't really stand out to me.

#3 Sousei no Onmyouji: Had big hopes for this series, so I was really disappointed in how it was executed. The biggest cause of this being the Benio character; she just seemed too aggressive to Rokuro, for a reason I am yet to discover.

Last season:

#4 Ao no Kanata no Four Rhythm: Dropped though I may pick it up when I have nothing else. Personally, I just kinda feel they missed the ball in a way with this one.

#5 Divine Gate: Okay, I can't be the only one who thought this one was a mess. It was going well but the closer the end came it just got strange and confusing in places. Not sure if it was just me though.


Hmm...I didn't really go into too much detail about why I dropped these, unless someone asks of course. At least it's better than a couple of the previous seasons, dropped quite a lot from then. I have about 25 shows I'm watching currently so I may take these ones up again at some stage when I'm done.
6206 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / California
Offline
Posted 6/7/16 , edited 6/7/16
Dropped:

Endride, Cerberus, Ace Attorney (too dull)
Bakuon, Haifuri, Anne Happy, Sansha Sanyou (too Moe, I'm the wrong gender to be the target audience here)

Might drop:

Hundred (too fan service-y, dull MC)

On another note, I can't believe some people dropped Bungou Stray Dogs, Re:Zero, Kiznaiver & Kabaneri!
Those 4 anime are awesome! They are the best shows of the season along with Boku no Hero Academia. Give it a chance, you'd need to stick around longer, it would get better! Much better than you gave them credit for!

Same thing with Twin Star Exorcists, Joker Game, Sakamoto, Tanaka-kun, Mayoiga, Flying Witch, Big Order & Netoge. I quite enjoy those shows. I understand that they might not be everyone's cup of tea (or coffee, whatever...), but you might want to give them at least 6 episodes first (like I always do with every shows I watch) before passing judgement and deciding that they're not for you. Who knows, you might actually like them! (Surprise!)

I dropped all the shows above after 6 or 7 episodes. I watched 10th episode of Hundred while considering dropping it. I might just stick with it since there are only 2 episodes left!
15750 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
37 / M / Virginia USA
Online
Posted 6/7/16
So many people who just don't like to have fun
8252 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 6/7/16 , edited 6/7/16
-Hundred
-Cerberus
-Dragon Ball Super
-Ace Attorney
-Kuromukuro
All of you who dropped Re:Zero or Kiznaiver should really give it a second chance, they get really good as the series goes on. They're completely worth it and are part of my top 3 anime this season.
856 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M
Offline
Posted 6/7/16

Haru_no_hana wrote:

On another note, I can't believe some people dropped Bungou Stray Dogs, Re:Zero, Kiznaiver & Kabaneri!
Those 4 anime are awesome! They are the best shows of the season along with Boku no Hero Academia. Give it a chance, you'd need to stick around longer, it would get better! Much better than you gave them credit for!


You're absolutely right about Stray Dogs, Kiznaiver, and Kabaneri. Really good shows if given a chance. In fact, I had thought they were the main ones for this season. That said, I also am really loving Netoge and how spot on it can be. And I'm glad to see that some people can appreciate Flying Witch, a really nice show that one.

4203 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 6/7/16
Kiznavier: Seemed like a good concept at first, but a little too over the top and the sharing damage thing doesn't really make sense. For example, they all get hurt pretty bad when someone gets slapped in the head, but jumping off a bridge into moving traffic has no real lasting consequences. Getting caught by a crane. Etc.

Joker Game : I enjoy the concept, it seems ok. I need the plot to be a bit more driven to stick around though.

Asterisk War and Hundred: Nothing new or exciting here, not funny or exciting enough to keep me around

Bungo Stray Dogs: I will probably go back for this one, but I'm not waiting for it every week and am a few episodes behind at this point. A lot of potential here just need more plot to drive the story forward besides individual cases.

The Lost Village: I don't need my anime to make sense, but if it doesn't make sense, it at least needs to be GOOD

My Hero Academia and Re: Zero are the only things I really like this season
6206 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / California
Offline
Posted 6/7/16

Astrumwalker wrote:


Haru_no_hana wrote:

On another note, I can't believe some people dropped Bungou Stray Dogs, Re:Zero, Kiznaiver & Kabaneri!
Those 4 anime are awesome! They are the best shows of the season along with Boku no Hero Academia. Give it a chance, you'd need to stick around longer, it would get better! Much better than you gave them credit for!


You're absolutely right about Stray Dogs, Kiznaiver, and Kabaneri. Really good shows if given a chance. In fact, I had thought they were the main ones for this season. That said, I also am really loving Netoge and how spot on it can be. And I'm glad to see that some people can appreciate Flying Witch, a really nice show that one.



I'm glad someone else agreed with me. Those are the best shows of the season that should have been given a chance.
Yes I'm enjoying Netoge too, it reminded me of good old days of MMO, it was pretty spot on. And Flying Witch is a very nice slice of life anime with gorgeous animation.
Posted 6/7/16
Kinzaiver.
I usually only stop watching an anime if I have to many to watch already.
856 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M
Offline
Posted 6/7/16



I'm glad someone else agreed with me. Those are the best shows of the season that should have been given a chance.
Yes I'm enjoying Netoge too, it reminded me of good old days of MMO, it was pretty spot on. And Flying Witch is a very nice slice of life anime with gorgeous animation.


Agreed. Watching Netoge brings back those nostalgic feelings all over again. Flying Witch got a lot of negative reviews sadly, but it has such an appealing charm to it. Certainly a show to watch when unwinding in my opinion. It'd be nice if shows like these turned up more.

First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.