First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
Post Reply Crunchyroll Is Now Part Of T-Mobile's Binge On Service!
The Wise Wizard
99911 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
56 / M / U.S.A. (mid-south)
Online
Posted 5/26/16

unholytd wrote:

Just tested crunchyroll app on my t mobile plan that has full bingeon.No data is used for YouTube or Netflix but crunchyroll just ate up 450 Meg's of my LTE. What gives?

You might want to address that question to T-Mobile's customer service, as they would be more likely to have an answer.

It should be noted they listed Crunchyroll among the supported services about 3 days before it was announced in this topic.
39 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / USA
Offline
Posted 5/26/16
Yes thanks I may check soon but possibly it's not completely implemented yet. I would be interested if any other bingeon users here have tested it.
1682 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
15 / M
Offline
Posted 5/28/16
Ah I wish I lived somewhere where I could use it xD that would be really cool
14044 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Mountain View, Ca...
Offline
Posted 5/28/16

PanSola wrote:

As a supporter of net neutrality, this scares me.

Imagine if programs like Binge On becomes popular enough with users, to the point where if Crunchyroll does not continue participate it in, CR would lose massive amount of users to competitors who do participate. Then the internet service providers can start extorting large sums of money from CR and CR's competitors to stay in the program.

I hope we don't get to that point.


TheGreekKey wrote:
True, it's just that there is a common misconception that companies like Crunchyroll pay to be added to Binge-On which is not true. T-Mobile actually offers this free of charge to the video companies.


Free... for now. If we are lucky it stays that way forever, but I'm not betting on it.


Don't worry, don't be paranoid. It's a way for T-Mobile to get free subscribers. Like hurrdurr let me just reduce my network load AND get subs. Ezpz
185 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Restless Dream
Offline
Posted 6/3/16
There is no T-Mobile next to me anywhere in my region.
32075 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
66 / M / New York
Offline
Posted 6/4/16
good job!!!!
39 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / USA
Offline
Posted 6/5/16
Bingeon still doesn't seem to work at all for the crunchyroll app. Using lots of data. Pretty disappointed.
The Wise Wizard
99911 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
56 / M / U.S.A. (mid-south)
Online
Posted 6/5/16

unholytd wrote:

Bingeon still doesn't seem to work at all for the crunchyroll app. Using lots of data. Pretty disappointed.

Did you check with T-Mobile's customer service yet?

I doubt CR can do anything from their end, and I haven't seen anyone else reporting the problem (either in this topic or in the Help section).

39 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / USA
Offline
Posted 6/5/16

TheAncientOne wrote:


unholytd wrote:

Bingeon still doesn't seem to work at all for the crunchyroll app. Using lots of data. Pretty disappointed.

Did you check with T-Mobile's customer service yet?

I doubt CR can do anything from their end, and I haven't seen anyone else reporting the problem (either in this topic or in the Help section).



Good point, i was mostly fishing to see if any other users would have similar issues but no one seemed to have confirmed or denied problems with it yet. I'll see myself out then, thanks.
840 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Southwest Florida
Offline
Posted 6/5/16
#BNG# (#264#) Checks your Binge On status

#BOF# (#263#) Turns it off

#BON# (#266#) Turns it back on

Just in case anyone needs it
56 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 6/7/16
Glad to see this is available for people to watch more Anime :). #crunchyrollftw

I am one of the lucky ones (snagged the 2 lines for $100 fully unlimited deal) so I keep BingeOn shut off.
Sigtyr 
36024 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26
Offline
Posted 6/7/16
I'm having the same issue. The quality isn't being reduced at all and is still using data. Haven't had time to try calling T-Mobile yet.
840 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Southwest Florida
Offline
Posted 6/9/16

Almeuit wrote:

Glad to see this is available for people to watch more Anime :). #crunchyrollftw

I am one of the lucky ones (snagged the 2 lines for $100 fully unlimited deal) so I keep BingeOn shut off.


If you turn it on you get a $4.99 vudu credit each month to add on top of the Tmobile Tuesdays promo for a nice $9 monthly credit

Sorry for double post mods!
56 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 6/9/16

CrazyTalk wrote:


Almeuit wrote:

Glad to see this is available for people to watch more Anime :). #crunchyrollftw

I am one of the lucky ones (snagged the 2 lines for $100 fully unlimited deal) so I keep BingeOn shut off.


If you turn it on you get a $4.99 vudu credit each month to add on top of the Tmobile Tuesdays promo for a nice $9 monthly credit

Sorry for double post mods!


Yeah that ain't worth it for me. I want full HD glory when watching -- regardless of the device :).
840 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Southwest Florida
Offline
Posted 6/9/16

Almeuit

Yeah that ain't worth it for me. I want full HD glory when watching -- regardless of the device :).


I feel ya and I would too since I also have the unlimited plan but where I live the network is so congested I can't watch anything unless I'm on wifi :/ so I might as well right? :p
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.