First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
Post Reply If you kill someone does that mean you're able to kill second time easiler?
52844 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
100 / M
Offline
Posted 5/20/16
I heard that once you kill someone you cannot go back, so this more reasonable question to Military people (army, special forces or Marine etc). I don't think its same as killing Deer or Rabbit when you go out on hunting..

When you think about it, You're thinking of taking live that you cannot get back.. You're taking away from someone who love that person.. Especially parents who raise him/her from birth to present.

I can't kill anyone, but I heard that Army got a way to make you do it.. Of course I'm alway told that its be kill or to kill..

I know this is odd question.. >.< So those who joined the army, did you already past that part on killing? Is it true that once you kill someone you cannot go back.. I mean what does that mean..It sounded like it take away your feeling, turn your heart into stone.. Just the way they said it.

I never thought about it till I just kills Ants and was thinking is Ants lives same as Human lives.. that we just kill and have no feeling for them whatsoever?

But when I think about Killers, Pedophiles, Human Traffickers and bad people.. I go into Shinsengumi mode :P. Thinking Slaying Evil instantly, Justice type.

If you're uncomforable with this questions, you don't have to answer it. XD
25139 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Beyond The Wall
Offline
Posted 5/20/16
Im pretty sure no one on CR has killed anyone.
1408 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / The Cosmos
Offline
Posted 5/20/16

dragontackle wrote:

Im pretty sure no one on CR has killed anyone.


You'd be wrong, there are plenty of ex military (and even some current) folks on CR. Probably some killers on here too lol.


I think it all depends on who was killed and why/how.
190 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / In the Mountains
Offline
Posted 5/20/16
Yes!
3554 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / UK
Offline
Posted 5/20/16
in my experience it's much harder to kill the second person, knowing you for your record of, ya know, killing people, they'd do the annoying thing and try to live.

in all seriousness though I'm a pacifist when it comes to people. I don't think it becomes easier though. If you generally don't care about killing the first would be as easy as the second, but some military folk go into shock after killing any number of people, because they don't want to pull the trigger
52844 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
100 / M
Offline
Posted 5/20/16

dragontackle wrote:

Im pretty sure no one on CR has killed anyone.




Yea like I said its odd question! >.< I heard there some people that used to be or still currently in Military.. But I'm sure they don't want to share that experience! >.<

Mods if you feel this is not appropriate go ahead delete this Topic, sorry about this everyone.
52844 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
100 / M
Offline
Posted 5/20/16

omlettespammer wrote:

in my experience it's much harder to kill the second person, knowing you for your record of, ya know, killing people, they'd do the annoying thing and try to live.

in all seriousness though I'm a pacifist when it comes to people. I don't think it becomes easier though. If you generally don't care about killing the first would be as easy as the second, but some military folk go into shock after killing any number of people, because they don't want to pull the trigger



What got me wondering about this is after I kill Ants and I realized I didn't have any remorse for them.. So I was wondering if those that killed so many time in the past feel same way with Human like Ants?

Posted 5/20/16 , edited 5/20/16

JanusCascade wrote:

I heard that once you kill someone you cannot go back, so this more reasonable question to Military people (army, special forces or Marine etc). I don't think its same as killing Deer or Rabbit when you go out on hunting..

When you think about it, You're thinking of taking live that you cannot get back.. You're taking away from someone who love that person.. Especially parents who raise him/her from birth to present.

I can't kill anyone, but I heard that Army got a way to make you do it.. Of course I'm alway told that its be kill or to kill..

I know this is odd question.. >.< So those who joined the army, did you already past that part on killing? Is it true that once you kill someone you cannot go back.. I mean what does that mean..It sounded like it take away your feeling, turn your heart into stone.. Just the way they said it.

I never thought about it till I just kills Ants and was thinking is Ants lives same as Human lives.. that we just kill and have no feeling for them whatsoever?

But when I think about Killers, Pedophiles, Human Traffickers and bad people.. I go into Shinsengumi mode :P. Thinking Slaying Evil instantly, Justice type.

If you're uncomforable with this questions, you don't have to answer it. XD


I think it will be easier for me to kill again. But that has to do with my logic rather than stupid crap like moral shit. If you try to kill me I will kill you. Simply as that. About the family thing, I could care less. He/she made their bed when they decide to kill or hurt another human being. Sympathy is for the fool or people strong enough to afford such luxury.
5019 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M
Offline
Posted 5/20/16

dragontackle wrote:

Im pretty sure no one on CR has killed anyone.


I'm pretty sure you're wrong.

As someone has stated before in the thread, there are (myself Included) many people who have served and still are serving in the military who has seen action over seas.
10589 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Rabbit Horse
Offline
Posted 5/20/16
i suspect that yes, once you've killed an enemy during a military operation, it becomes somewhat easier to do it again, unless you sympathize with the enemy for some reason.
218 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Australia
Offline
Posted 5/21/16
I have never killed anyone, but I assume it would be harder to kill a second time, a lot harder, and I base that on experience with killing animals. It does get easier until you feel nothing though. But I always try shooting rabbits in the head so they die a quick painless death, I still don't like seeing them in pain.
26122 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M
Offline
Posted 5/21/16 , edited 5/21/16
I have not killed anybody either, but I know many people in the military get PTSD for various reasons such as the explosions and the scenes of death. However, I'm not sure if killing people can also cause PTSD, but I'm sure it does.

In addition, I'm not sure our military men are allowed to talk about how many people they have killed as that could be confidential like the army makes them not talk about it. Most military service men would say they did it defending our country to justify the fact they killed for good or bad. You know, thats something very personal, but I understand why you ask it as it is an intriguing question
52844 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
100 / M
Offline
Posted 5/21/16

Maveris wrote:

I have not killed anybody either, but I know many people in the military get PTSD for various reasons such as the explosions and the scenes of death. However, I'm not sure if killing people can also cause PTSD, but I'm sure it does


I never understood about PTSD, I mean don't they grew up playing shooter games by killing people and all that blood and it doesn't bother them? I recall there was new about it many years ago that adult (who live in the 60's) couldn't stand that game due to killing and blood.

So I thought maybe it'll mentally toughen them up but knowing that its real life and you only have one life.

I'm sure I'm sorely mistaken since Games and Real life Miliary are two different things.

Just that those who was a kids alway wanted to join the Army be a Hero.. I would think they already mentally prepared to kill their enemies.. Not like Rated G movie where they only capture the Enemy easily and the Enemy couldn't kill them.. -shrugs-


Btw One of my family member had a husband who was in Military for few years and now that he back (finished serving them) One day he snap and took his wife out in the wood and pointed a Handgun to her head, because he had PTSD problem.. I was pissed thinking that no excuse to take on his own wife.. They both have year old child..

My Uncle used to be in Vietnam War and he seem fine, doesn't have PTSD and he take care of his mother (by living with her since he made promise to his father when he died).

I was thinking If he fine and came from worse war of all (worse than present or the recent war we had).. Than its no excuse that all other current Military guys to have PTSD.. I don't know if it because the new Generation had no discipline..
28204 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 5/21/16

JanusCascade wrote:
I never understood about PTSD, I mean don't they grew up playing shooter games by killing people and all that blood and it doesn't bother them? I recall there was new about it many years ago that adult (who live in the 60's) couldn't stand that game due to killing and blood.


I have PTSD. It's not specific to one thing like that. Since its a reaction to severe trauma, it's tied up in whatever that trauma was. The whole Vietnam flashback thing is basically just a stereotype of one particular kind of PTSD. As mainstream awareness of PTSD in western culture mostly started with "shellshock" stemming WWII. So sure, if your trauma was being surrounded by gunfire, explosions and death. Then you might have trouble with media that portrays it. But that's just one specific type of case and trauma.

Its very difficult to describe to people who don't have it or have had no experience with similar mental illnesses; And you usually upset them when you try. The "up" part ( the whole mortal terror part ) of it is just one aspect. The other part is just nothingness. You don't feel anything and there is nothing in the world that brings any enjoyment into your life anymore. Not even loved ones.

Like, you can do something you use to enjoy prior and now it does nothing for you. You can look at people you love and tell yourself you love them, but you can't really feel it. You know when you're suppose to smile or laugh or how to react to social cues. But you're just doing it because you know you should. Not because you feel any of that anymore.

See? I can't even really describe it without it sounding horrifyingly nihilistic.




2271 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
42 / M
Offline
Posted 5/21/16
I'm not in the military and have no experience so I can't say for sure. I've never killed anyone but I'd imagine that it never gets easier. People in the military have a job to do. In life or death situations it's either kill or be killed and I imagine that most military members who have had to kill do so because they are protecting their brothers and squad mates and not because they want to take a life. I doubt it ever gets easier emotionally but I think it probably does get easier for them to put themselves in harms way after their initial encounters. Probably every solider is extremely scared during their first battle and while that fear likely never goes away they do learn how to deal with it and allow their training and experience to kick in.

I don't mean to speak for any soldier and these are just my opinions as a civilian. I don't truly know what it would be like and I'm very thankful for their service and for doing what they do so I never have to find out.
First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.