Post Reply Changing Username
8613 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / F
Offline
Posted 5/21/16 , edited 5/21/16
Hello!!

Is it possible to change our username's??

I really want to use my current account, but I'd want to change my username, without making a new acc!
Can't CR make this new update to the site where we can change our usernames.!!

Help, this is really important.
12513 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
☆Land of sweets☆
Online
Posted 5/21/16 , edited 5/21/16
no, it's not possible. and also no, they won't make changes to make it possible.
you could create a new account, and choose a username that better suits you, and which is notalreadytaken™ by other users.

edit: still nope.
8613 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / F
Offline
Posted 5/21/16

namealreadytaken wrote:

no, it's not possible. and also no, they won't make changes to make it possible.
you could create a new account, and choose a username that better suits you, and which is notalreadytaken™ by other users.

edit: still nope.



It would be better to change username rather than doing a new acc and filling CR with unused acc of people just for the sake of having another username, there are so many sites where you can change usernames, CR need to update !!
12513 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
☆Land of sweets☆
Online
Posted 5/21/16
for sites like MAL, profile page is not related to the username, but rather a unique user id (which consists of random numbers)
since the profile page is not related to the username, they allow people to change username (so long as it's not offensive or not already used)

CR, on the other hand, have the profile page directly linked to your username, so unless they make massive changes to the database, assigning everyone a unique id, changing username is just not happening.
8613 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / F
Offline
Posted 5/21/16

namealreadytaken wrote:

for sites like MAL, profile page is not related to the username, but rather a unique user id (which consists of random numbers)
since the profile page is not related to the username, they allow people to change username (so long as it's not offensive or not already used)

CR, on the other hand, have the profile page directly linked to your username, so unless they make massive changes to the database, assigning everyone a unique id, changing username is just not happening.


Ok, Thank you.
5144 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 5/25/16 , edited 5/25/16

namealreadytaken wrote:

for sites like MAL, profile page is not related to the username, but rather a unique user id (which consists of random numbers)
since the profile page is not related to the username, they allow people to change username (so long as it's not offensive or not already used)

CR, on the other hand, have the profile page directly linked to your username, so unless they make massive changes to the database, assigning everyone a unique id, changing username is just not happening.


So what you're saying is if I had a username like, oh i dunno.... username'); DROP TABLE premium_users;-- it would go directly into their database? Interesting. Although that's given they don't sanitize their database inputs.
474 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M
Offline
Posted 5/25/16
I like my username and it does match with my profile picture.
49457 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
60 / M / Earth
Offline
Posted 5/25/16 , edited 5/25/16

lastlivingsoul wrote:
So what you're saying is if I had a username like, oh i dunno.... username'); DROP TABLE premium_users;-- it would go directly into their database? Interesting. Although that's given they don't sanitize their database inputs.


Names with "hentai" in some form in them have been reported in the forums as getting cleaned up, or at the very least deleted. so that's not strictly true that they don't sanitize some of them. But without having a surrogate key system in place from the beginning, it's probably a labor intensive process to transfer the information to a new account and delete the old one, so they won't just do it on a whim.
Posted 5/25/16


You can delete your account, that way it won't sit around unused. It definitely would be nice to be able to change it.
Otter Modder
51191 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Florida
Offline
Posted 5/25/16
Actually, all the accounts already do have a user id associated with them (for instance mine is 10124139) so it shouldn't be that much work. That said I have no knowledge of CR's database schema so there could be other reasons.
20708 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Hoosierville
Offline
Posted 5/25/16

lastlivingsoul wrote:


namealreadytaken wrote:

for sites like MAL, profile page is not related to the username, but rather a unique user id (which consists of random numbers)
since the profile page is not related to the username, they allow people to change username (so long as it's not offensive or not already used)

CR, on the other hand, have the profile page directly linked to your username, so unless they make massive changes to the database, assigning everyone a unique id, changing username is just not happening.


So what you're saying is if I had a username like, oh i dunno.... username'); DROP TABLE premium_users;-- it would go directly into their database? Interesting. Although that's given they don't sanitize their database inputs.


A good program would allow such a user and would always interpret that as merely a string.
358 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M
Offline
Posted 2/21/17 , edited 2/21/17
Well dang, if hentai names are being removed then I don't have much time left, do I.

Guess they shoulda done something when I got doxxed so I wouldn't have had to have made a new one in a bad mood. And besides, there's some worse usernames I've seen aside from HentaiLuvr and BLBoi.
You must be logged in to post.