Advice on using PLEX to get Crunchyroll on my Smart TV
1018 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / F / Victoria, BC, Canada
Offline
Posted 5/23/16 , edited 5/24/16
Okay so I just bought a Samsung Smart TV yesterday, and the reason I went with a Samsung was purely due to the fact that I used to get Crunchyroll on my last Samsung Smart TV.

So I'm wrong because Crunchy roll Disconued this network bridge. But someone told me about PLEX. So I paid for that and downloaded it. No I have no idea what next steps to take to get it on my TV.

Anyone know about this program and how to guide me here?
1831 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M
Offline
Posted 5/23/16 , edited 5/24/16
Well I have never used the channel section they have, but generally you add media on your computer to categories you make and stream it to you tv.

Found this : https://forums.plex.tv/discussion/73626/rel-crunchyroll-plugin
83432 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
42 / M / Right behind you!
Offline
Posted 5/23/16 , edited 5/24/16

Otikoro wrote:

Okay so I just bought a Samsung Smart TV yesterday, and the reason I went with a Samsung was purely due to the fact that I used to get Crunchyroll on my last Samsung Smart TV.

So I'm wrong because Crunchy roll Disconued this network bridge. But someone told me about PLEX. So I paid for that and downloaded it. No I have no idea what next steps to take to get it on my TV.

Anyone know about this program and how to guide me here?


Next step would be to download and install the Plex Crunchyroll plugin as instructed here. https://forums.plex.tv/discussion/73626/rel-crunchyroll-plugin





12 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 10/15/16 , edited 10/15/16

Solefyre wrote:

Well I have never used the channel section they have, but generally you add media on your computer to categories you make and stream it to you tv.

Found this : https://forums.plex.tv/discussion/73626/rel-crunchyroll-plugin


Que raro, este plugin dejó de funcionar repentinamente. Yo uso el PLEX desde mi pantalla Samsung, y ahi voy a canales y escojo Cruncyroll, pero ahora entra y solo me muestra la opción de preferencias.

¿Alguien sabe que podrá ser?, ya hasta reinstalé el plugin del plex y nada
12 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 10/15/16 , edited 10/15/16
My Crunchyroll plex plugin suddenly stop working. Now it only shows up the preferences option. I re-installed the plugin but it didn't work

Somebody knows what could happen ?
12 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M / Belgium
Offline
Posted 1/22/17 , edited 1/22/17
as far as i know it whas also Disconued. but a year ago it whas still working for me.
54519 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
61 / M / Earth
Offline
Posted 1/22/17 , edited 1/22/17
Still working for me just now...for some subset of "working"... It plays from my queue but doesn't update the queue progress or history.
15020 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
35 / M
Offline
Posted 1/29/17 , edited 1/29/17

asharka wrote:

Still working for me just now...for some subset of "working"... It plays from my queue but doesn't update the queue progress or history.


Same for me, works but doesn't update queue.. does anyone know if there is any development with CR for plex? CR basically no longer works on Roku and it only works for some in the latest android version so now I can only watch CR on plex which doesn't update queue.. pretty annoying..
Guest Pass Litter Moderator
120610 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Boston-ish
Offline
Posted 1/29/17 , edited 1/29/17

campbelldavid wrote:
Same for me, works but doesn't update queue.. does anyone know if there is any development with CR for plex? CR basically no longer works on Roku and it only works for some in the latest android version so now I can only watch CR on plex which doesn't update queue.. pretty annoying..


What Roku do you have that the CR app doesn't work on? I've been using a Roku stick for a while and it works just fine.
15020 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
35 / M
Offline
Posted 1/29/17 , edited 1/29/17

lorreen wrote:

What Roku do you have that the CR app doesn't work on? I've been using a Roku stick for a while and it works just fine.


Roku 3. CR takes forever to start and 6 times out of 10 I receive a network error message and it doesn't start at all. But if I use CR on Plex on the exact same network it works flawlessly (except it doesn't save progress). There seem to be more people on the forum with the same issues with Roku so hopefully it'll be fixed with an update soon..
Sailor Candy Moderator
221186 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29
Offline
Posted 2/2/18 , edited 2/2/18
Forum clean up ^,^ removing posts from over a year ago!
You must be logged in to post.