First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next  Last
Post Reply CR app broken after todays update?
44024 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 6/4/16
OK, you guys did a Facebook post saying "all fixed! Yippee!" and yet there has been no app update to fix the major 505 error. Maybe marketing and engineering need to communicate more?
94024 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
40 / F / Austin, TX
Offline
Posted 6/5/16
Yeah I just tried yet again hoping that after a week it would be fixed, but still nothing even after doing all the recommended trouble shooting tips.
17024 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 6/5/16 , edited 6/7/16
I am unable to navigate through the Crunchyroll XBOX one app menu. I can select whatever is already highlighted, but cannot select any other items on the screen. This is incredibly frustrating as I cannot use the app as of now.
BluGuy 
74078 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29
Offline
Posted 6/6/16

djcolwell wrote:

I am unable to navigate through the Crunchyroll XBOX one app menu. I can select whatever is already highlighted, but cannot select any other items on the screen. This is incredibly frustrating as I cannot use the app as of now.


You're posting in the wrong section. This section of the forums is for Android, you want the Xbox section.
44024 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 6/7/16 , edited 6/7/16
How's the 505 error coming? Have you tried incrementing the version and republishing? Maybe it's just a goofy Play store issue. Have you tried anything to fix it?
9 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 6/8/16
Just tried again right now. Still 505 error. This is getting absolutely idiotic.......... I think the stupid marshmallow is a problem. I hate the new marshmallow honestly. Just a thought. Still broken tho, past the week mile stone for me
9 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 6/8/16

DArislan wrote:

How's the 505 error coming? Have you tried incrementing the version and republishing? Maybe it's just a goofy Play store issue. Have you tried anything to fix it?



You sound as annoyed and pissed as i am. No communication really lights a fire in my belly (couldn't resist using that reference). Would it kill them to do a fb/twitter post about the progress? Either customer support or social media section is as bad as the engineers and programmers with communication.
BluGuy 
74078 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29
Offline
Posted 6/8/16

Mr5had0w wrote:

Just tried again right now. Still 505 error. This is getting absolutely idiotic.......... I think the stupid marshmallow is a problem. I hate the new marshmallow honestly. Just a thought. Still broken tho, past the week mile stone for me


I have seen people complain about getting the - 505 error on Android 5.x lollipop. So no doesn't seem to be Marshmallow.
Der Zoodirektor
23401 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / Germany
Offline
Posted 6/8/16

Mr5had0w wrote:

Just tried again right now. Still 505 error. This is getting absolutely idiotic.......... I think the stupid marshmallow is a problem. I hate the new marshmallow honestly. Just a thought. Still broken tho, past the week mile stone for me


I haven't received any update on it yet either. We normally don't give out any ETA for such smaller fixes. Sorry about that.

The easiest way to fix it immediately is downgrading to version 2.0.5.
BluGuy 
74078 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29
Offline
Posted 6/8/16 , edited 6/8/16

shinryou wrote:


Mr5had0w wrote:

Just tried again right now. Still 505 error. This is getting absolutely idiotic.......... I think the stupid marshmallow is a problem. I hate the new marshmallow honestly. Just a thought. Still broken tho, past the week mile stone for me


I haven't received any update on it yet either. We normally don't give out any ETA for such smaller fixes. Sorry about that.

The easiest way to fix it immediately is downgrading to version 2.0.5.

I feel a bit offended when you say "smaller fix". This bug is keeping several people from downloading the app from an official source. How many people is it ? I don't know, because most people don't report when there is a problem, or when they get the notification that the update for the app didn't install they just clear it out of the notification shade because the app they have installed still works.

Also, the easiest way to fix this as you say is to go to a third-party website and download the apk. That just seems like an irresponsible thing to say. It is often not suggested to go to a third-party to get an apk because of security risk. Now if Crunchyroll itself were to host the download for the apk for those affected by this bug then that would be different, because you are downloading the apk from the source. That is something that I actually suggested I believe earlier in this thread.
Der Zoodirektor
23401 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / Germany
Offline
Posted 6/8/16 , edited 6/8/16

BluGuy wrote:

I feel a bit offended when you say "smaller fix". This bug is keeping several people from downloading the app from an official source. How many people is it ? I don't know, because most people don't report when there is a problem, or when they get the notification that the update for the app didn't install they just clear it out of the notification shade because the app they have installed still works.

Also, the easiest way to fix this as you say is to go to a third-party website and download the apk. That just seems like an irresponsible thing to say. It is often not suggested to go to a third-party to get an apk because of security risk. Now if Crunchyroll itself were to host the download for the apk for those affected by this bug then that would be different, because you are downloading the apk from the source. That is something that I actually suggested I believe earlier in this thread.


It's a bug that only affects 3 or 4 specific devices, and possibly not all of them due to the nature of the issue. As we're talking Android here, it means that less than 1% of the users are affected. Hence I called it a smaller fix. It wasn't meant to offend you.

As for the progress, the underlying issue was found and fixed. The fix still has to be tested. We'll push the next version to the store ASAP once we have confirmed the fix to be working.

We've been sending the 2.0.5 APK to users who contacted us via the /contact form for the past couple of days.
44024 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 6/10/16

It's a bug that only affects 3 or 4 specific devices, and possibly not all of them due to the nature of the issue. As we're talking Android here, it means that less than 1% of the users are affected. Hence I called it a smaller fix. It wasn't meant to offend you.

As for the progress, the underlying issue was found and fixed. The fix still has to be tested. We'll push the next version to the store ASAP once we have confirmed the fix to be working.

We've been sending the 2.0.5 APK to users who contacted us via the /contact form for the past couple of days.


Thanks for the update. I'll be looking forward to the app revision shortly. I appreciate your communication and the efforts to fix this.

1005 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Online
Posted 6/12/16
Just contacted through the contact form and I was told:

"We are diligently working on repairing the issue and share in your frustration, this has been very inconvenient for our members and are truly sorry.

At this time, the options are to use the website to view the anime until we are able to roll out a fix for this. We are not distributing apk files, you may find some suggestions on our Forum in regards to this, but this is not something that Crunchyroll is endorsing, encouraging or providing."


The website requires flash and my browser does not support flash.
6026 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
40
Offline
Posted 6/14/16
For me 2.0.5 does not work either, 2.0.3 installs without error. My device is an Acer a3-a40 with Android 6.0
5 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 6/15/16

shinryou wrote:


BluGuy wrote:

I feel a bit offended when you say "smaller fix". This bug is keeping several people from downloading the app from an official source. How many people is it ? I don't know, because most people don't report when there is a problem, or when they get the notification that the update for the app didn't install they just clear it out of the notification shade because the app they have installed still works.

Also, the easiest way to fix this as you say is to go to a third-party website and download the apk. That just seems like an irresponsible thing to say. It is often not suggested to go to a third-party to get an apk because of security risk. Now if Crunchyroll itself were to host the download for the apk for those affected by this bug then that would be different, because you are downloading the apk from the source. That is something that I actually suggested I believe earlier in this thread.


It's a bug that only affects 3 or 4 specific devices, and possibly not all of them due to the nature of the issue. As we're talking Android here, it means that less than 1% of the users are affected. Hence I called it a smaller fix. It wasn't meant to offend you.

As for the progress, the underlying issue was found and fixed. The fix still has to be tested. We'll push the next version to the store ASAP once we have confirmed the fix to be working.

We've been sending the 2.0.5 APK to users who contacted us via the /contact form for the past couple of days.

Well I happened to have the problem on both of my devices Moto G 4G and Xperia Z3 Tablet. Pretty sure it's more wider problem than that.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.