First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next  Last
Post Reply Why, Instead Of Attempting To Argue Your Beliefs, Do You Remain Content in Ignoring Posts On The Assumption That You're
9524 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Imoutoland!
Offline
Posted 5/27/16

Phersu wrote:


PeripheralVisionary wrote:

So......welcome back, eldritch abomination. Did you ever post that photo of yourself after the CR forums bested you in forum battle?


I'm also kinda surprised you're still here.



I have no life.

22653 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 5/27/16
I don't know who Phersu is.



Must have been before my time.
Posted 5/27/16 , edited 5/27/16
Wow interesting reading just a mix bag of not really sure anymore what threads about?

9299 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Australia
Offline
Posted 5/27/16

Jan- wrote:



well that certainly was an long post.And i was not saying that terrorism was only problem.I just like to keep my rants short. True there is integration problems,but what did you expect?the refugees come from extra religious countries to more secular society. the way religions like christianity, islam and judaism work is that they try to fill that void with their own lifestyle. Unfortunately, islam does not see earlhty laws on higher ground that their more religious ones.

And yes they commit crimes too and yes they shoudl be reported whenever they happen and not to cover our eyes from them. But one must not mark whole muslim population as people prone to criminalism and leeching life style. There are some that try to make best of what they have at the moment and integrate to society.The most integration negative people tend to be the first wave muslims:they stick to their own little communities and don't try to mingle with locals.But if they are given jobs and so on perhabs they would integrate better?or at least ehir children and their childrens children.SInce like it or not,seems like these people are here to stay...

And it's true i find it weird that how they demand this and that from their new country. Though one could say if we don't give into these demands evrything should work out eventually...the people will change eventually if system is adamant enough about it's own values.For example attempts to enforce sharia laws could be thwarted by deporting such personel that spread that kind of idea from country. Plain and simple.


Yeah it was a bit of a sky scraper hey..

I wouldn't call it a rant though. That's harsh

Yeah i know what you mean and i must admit i find it hard to not racially/religiously profile them.
Well i dunno, look at the UK. They have generations of them there, born and bred ones there and sometimes they are the extremists. And they have formed their own communities, infact they have pretty much taken over some whole towns.
There are parts of the UK that are not even considered England anymore (by the Muslims who occupy it).
There is plenty of evidence of this on film. Some of the footage really is very frightening.
And they often send their childrne to Islamic schools and of course they go to mosques. And then theres the fact that they dont drink and can only eat halal food and dont respect women who dont cover up and dress revealingly.
I mean many of them are raised with all these beliefs so they cant really mix and mingle with the locals unless they go against their beliefs. Not saying you cant not drink and intergrate but it makes it hard when drinking is a big part of the culture.

I dont think that you can compare Muslims (from Islamic nations) to other refugees and immigrants. People compare them to the Italians and Greeks and Vietnamese and Chinese and etc here saying things like the next generation will intergrate and etc.
With all them i mentioned that was true but with Muslims it's not that simple.
Not with their belief system. Its not like Muslims born here are going to grow up liking our local sport and our food and etc.
Cant speak for them all but overall i mean.
Eh i dont know , its hard. Iam not racist, i hang out with all kinds of races and we can all eat and drink and hang out together and all their women dress like us and we can all hang out and talk about the footy and etc but Muslims, i just dont see it.
I like to use the UK as the perfect example. An example that we all should learn from.
I do feel guilty feeling that way but the facts are there, the proof is there.

No one likes change(or it takes time to adjust). Like i said , when i was much younger i didn't like Asians and thought they were going to take over (China probably will though lol) but at least with them they dont threaten to take over or blow shit up or ask us to change things for them , we dont feel unsafe or worried about them, they drink, their women dress sexy, etc. They fit in.

Yes alot of them keep to themselves also , they have tradition but they dont follow a strict and out of date belief system.

Ooops typing too much again..

22653 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 5/27/16 , edited 5/27/16

Humms wrote:

Because I laugh when people must pull up evidence from another. Think for yourself, and then come argue with me, what do you really believe? Why must we look at someone else when we can easily offer the same amount of information from just our own assumptions.

Studies show this, or statistics show that. If we are talking about a history lesson, that's a completely different story, but we are talking about pure Bullshit that people love to defend for the sake of their unyielding efforts to study it, and forcing it onto people who deny it, and proving they are wrong, seriously it just makes me laugh, because this is what people spend their time on, studying the movements of another without actually picking up their own feet.

You cannot change my opinion, because my mind is far beyond statistics and studies. I am an idiot, it is what people like to call someone like me, that is the only thing I will accept. I have studied, all it results in is stress, holding onto information that doesn't matter to me, but matters to most people. What does it really accomplish? You're literally just running circles in the past , always trying to prove something from it. If information is useful I hold on to it and I never have to study it again, I expand and improve from my own abilities and understanding. Whenever I speak it is my own words I am speaking, that is the truest form of dignity, and we do not give way to the words others have copied.

I believe in constants, not statistics and Bullshit. There is knowledge in this world that is proven and I accept that, I also accept that I'm an idiot.... so answer me this. Why can't people accept they are idiots? An idiot can prove more when they finally achieve something, but someone who can't accept they are an idiot only believes in the words of another. They can't even believe in themselves let alone accept their idiocy.

So this all has to do with what you actually think of yourself, people like to hide it because they hate themselves, they want to use the words of others to show they are knowledgeable, they want to hide their own words because it is easier to believe in something like statistics, or studies. Is it that others simply can't think for themselves anymore? Because I have yet to see someone actually speak for themselves.

But don't worry, I'm just an idiot on the Internet so none of this matters because I have no studies, or statistics and sources to prove it




I read this a couple times. I think I understand somewhat. A lot of that believe in yourself, listen to your own mind, and love yourself speak sounds more like an artistic mind. I wouldn't call you an idiot though, rather than arrogant to say your mind is beyond statistics and study.

It's like one of those main characters that refuses to listen to others who have more experience and continuously gets his ass handed to him. (*cough Hiiro I'm looking at you cough*)

Reality isn't what you make of it. It's not a matter of believing in statistics, it's a matter of statistics and study making matters more probabilistically certain. I can wholeheartedly believe there's an invisible elephant in my room, but that does not make it more true. Certainly you can't say I'm wrong either. To carelessly stick to assumptions on flimsy faith is to be irrational. We can make falsifiable assumptions and stances based on the degree of certainty of it being true.

That is where my understanding ends, as it is confuses me as to why someone could acknowledge their mistaken convictions but stick to it because of arrogance alone. Perhaps I'm mistaken, maybe it's not arrogance but a fondness to believe in one's reality to be completely stagnate?

Other people prefer to be somewhat irrational and believe wholeheartedly in a deity for their own contentment, and that is fine as it is often knowingly a belief and restless faith. It is only when it infringes upon others that it becomes an issue.

While I understand people wanting to believe in a deity, I do not understand why you would want to believe in your own bubble.
91525 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Finland, city of...
Offline
Posted 5/27/16



am sorry, i didn't mean your writing was ranting.I was talking about my rants.^^

About some parts being taken over...well who's idea was it to put all muslims in certain places?point of integration is to put them where are also locals. Meaning no "only certain ethnicity or social class" neighbourhoods. That in my experience often helps people integrate better. Again if it's such an problem i don't see why dont they go with army/police there and evict some people and fill gaps with locals? if authorities really wanted to do something about it,they would have done so yeaaars ago.

I guess in the end what people are afraid most is change. But world is not an static place. This kind of refugee flow was to be expected at some point.You see middle east and northern Africa are getting more and more un-livable. Population growth,not much food and clean water,radical people,lots of different religions....they are bound to cause problems. So if anybody got surprised by this refugee flood,i'd say they haven't been paying much attention to state of the world.
9299 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Australia
Offline
Posted 5/27/16 , edited 5/27/16

Jan- wrote:




am sorry, i didn't mean your writing was ranting.I was talking about my rants.^^

About some parts being taken over...well who's idea was it to put all muslims in certain places?point of integration is to put them where are also locals. Meaning no "only certain ethnicity or social class" neighbourhoods. That in my experience often helps people integrate better. Again if it's such an problem i don't see why dont they go with army/police there and evict some people and fill gaps with locals? if authorities really wanted to do something about it,they would have done so yeaaars ago.

I guess in the end what people are afraid most is change. But world is not an static place. This kind of refugee flow was to be expected at some point.You see middle east and northern Africa are getting more and more un-livable. Population growth,not much food and clean water,radical people,lots of different religions....they are bound to cause problems. So if anybody got surprised by this refugee flood,i'd say they haven't been paying much attention to state of the world.


Just weird they come form unsafe, un free shit holes to our so much nicer and safer and "free" nations yet bring their problems with them and want to change their new home to be like their old one.
Rather than enjoy and embrace their new home and freedom they want to make it shit like the place that they supposedly ran from?
Posted 5/27/16
Don't Assume anything in science is valid.

Not to long ago, we had a chemist literally break the laws of chemistry!

https://www.newscientist.com/round-up/impossible-chemistry/

The APA claims that Homosexuality isn't a mental illness (I don't think it is, although I do think mental illness can arise, at higher rates due to the habit of homosexuality), but this doesn't change the fact that nearly 2/3's of the entire field of Psychology could be dismissed as it can't be reproduced.

http://www.nature.com/news/over-half-of-psychology-studies-fail-reproducibility-test-1.18248

Arguing overwhelming evidence in quantity is just a red hearing if the central point can't be changed.

Posted 5/27/16

PrinceJudar wrote:


Humms wrote:

Because I laugh when people must pull up evidence from another. Think for yourself, and then come argue with me, what do you really believe? Why must we look at someone else when we can easily offer the same amount of information from just our own assumptions.

Studies show this, or statistics show that. If we are talking about a history lesson, that's a completely different story, but we are talking about pure Bullshit that people love to defend for the sake of their unyielding efforts to study it, and forcing it onto people who deny it, and proving they are wrong, seriously it just makes me laugh, because this is what people spend their time on, studying the movements of another without actually picking up their own feet.

You cannot change my opinion, because my mind is far beyond statistics and studies. I am an idiot, it is what people like to call someone like me, that is the only thing I will accept. I have studied, all it results in is stress, holding onto information that doesn't matter to me, but matters to most people. What does it really accomplish? You're literally just running circles in the past , always trying to prove something from it. If information is useful I hold on to it and I never have to study it again, I expand and improve from my own abilities and understanding. Whenever I speak it is my own words I am speaking, that is the truest form of dignity, and we do not give way to the words others have copied.

I believe in constants, not statistics and Bullshit. There is knowledge in this world that is proven and I accept that, I also accept that I'm an idiot.... so answer me this. Why can't people accept they are idiots? An idiot can prove more when they finally achieve something, but someone who can't accept they are an idiot only believes in the words of another. They can't even believe in themselves let alone accept their idiocy.

So this all has to do with what you actually think of yourself, people like to hide it because they hate themselves, they want to use the words of others to show they are knowledgeable, they want to hide their own words because it is easier to believe in something like statistics, or studies. Is it that others simply can't think for themselves anymore? Because I have yet to see someone actually speak for themselves.

But don't worry, I'm just an idiot on the Internet so none of this matters because I have no studies, or statistics and sources to prove it




I read this a couple times. I think I understand somewhat. A lot of that believe in yourself, listen to your own mind, and love yourself speak sounds more like an artistic mind. I wouldn't call you an idiot though, rather than arrogant to say your mind is beyond statistics and study.

It's like one of those main characters that refuses to listen to others who have more experience and continuously gets his ass handed to him. (*cough Hiiro I'm looking at you cough*)

Reality isn't what you make of it. It's not a matter of believing in statistics, it's a matter of statistics and study making matters more probabilistically certain. I can wholeheartedly believe there's an invisible elephant in my room, but that does not make it more true. Certainly you can't say I'm wrong either. To carelessly stick to assumptions on flimsy faith is to be irrational. We can make falsifiable assumptions and stances based on the degree of certainty of it being true.

That is where my understanding ends, as it is confuses me as to why someone could acknowledge their mistaken convictions but stick to it because of arrogance alone. Perhaps I'm mistaken, maybe it's not arrogance but a fondness to believe in one's reality to be completely stagnate?

Other people prefer to be somewhat irrational and believe wholeheartedly in a deity for their own contentment, and that is fine as it is often knowingly a belief and restless faith. It is only when it infringes upon others that it becomes an issue.

While I understand people wanting to believe in a deity, I do not understand why you would want to believe in your own bubble.


Hmm, I have a question for you then.

So, do you think it's possible for a contradiction to exist and not exist at the same time?
45489 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M
Offline
Posted 5/27/16

lorreen wrote:

It's hard to recognize you with a face.


Oh, you know. It's a rental.
22653 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 5/27/16

WeeabooWarrior wrote:

Hmm, I have a question for you then.

So, do you think it's possible for a contradiction to exist and not exist at the same time?


Sounds like you're referring to a quantum state, so I'd say yes.



Posted 5/27/16

PrinceJudar wrote:


WeeabooWarrior wrote:

Hmm, I have a question for you then.

So, do you think it's possible for a contradiction to exist and not exist at the same time?


Sounds like you're referring to a quantum state, so I'd say yes.





I was actually thinking about "love", how it's sweet and sour at the same time.

You know us Feeler types aren't interested in Quantum displacement! The idea that an atom could be in two places at once which would make inter-galactic communication possible is irrelevant if I can't see my loved ones in person! >:(
22653 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 5/27/16 , edited 5/27/16

WeeabooWarrior wrote:

I was actually thinking about "love", how it's sweet and sour at the same time.

You know us Feeler types aren't interested in Quantum displacement! The idea that an atom could be in two places at once which would make inter-galactic communication possible is irrelevant if I can't see my loved ones in person! >:(


To be fair, there is a theory that quantum physics explains irrational human behavior. So it actually would apply to touchy-feely things like love.



Love can be explained with quantum probabilistic models, as other human behavior seems to be interpreted much like a Schrodinger's Cat.

All just theory, but it suits better than classical probability models.

Humms 
10572 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / CAN, ON
Offline
Posted 5/27/16

PrinceJudar wrote:


Humms wrote:

Because I laugh when people must pull up evidence from another. Think for yourself, and then come argue with me, what do you really believe? Why must we look at someone else when we can easily offer the same amount of information from just our own assumptions.

Studies show this, or statistics show that. If we are talking about a history lesson, that's a completely different story, but we are talking about pure Bullshit that people love to defend for the sake of their unyielding efforts to study it, and forcing it onto people who deny it, and proving they are wrong, seriously it just makes me laugh, because this is what people spend their time on, studying the movements of another without actually picking up their own feet.

You cannot change my opinion, because my mind is far beyond statistics and studies. I am an idiot, it is what people like to call someone like me, that is the only thing I will accept. I have studied, all it results in is stress, holding onto information that doesn't matter to me, but matters to most people. What does it really accomplish? You're literally just running circles in the past , always trying to prove something from it. If information is useful I hold on to it and I never have to study it again, I expand and improve from my own abilities and understanding. Whenever I speak it is my own words I am speaking, that is the truest form of dignity, and we do not give way to the words others have copied.

I believe in constants, not statistics and Bullshit. There is knowledge in this world that is proven and I accept that, I also accept that I'm an idiot.... so answer me this. Why can't people accept they are idiots? An idiot can prove more when they finally achieve something, but someone who can't accept they are an idiot only believes in the words of another. They can't even believe in themselves let alone accept their idiocy.

So this all has to do with what you actually think of yourself, people like to hide it because they hate themselves, they want to use the words of others to show they are knowledgeable, they want to hide their own words because it is easier to believe in something like statistics, or studies. Is it that others simply can't think for themselves anymore? Because I have yet to see someone actually speak for themselves.

But don't worry, I'm just an idiot on the Internet so none of this matters because I have no studies, or statistics and sources to prove it




I read this a couple times. I think I understand somewhat. A lot of that believe in yourself, listen to your own mind, and love yourself speak sounds more like an artistic mind. I wouldn't call you an idiot though, rather than arrogant to say your mind is beyond statistics and study.

It's like one of those main characters that refuses to listen to others who have more experience and continuously gets his ass handed to him. (*cough Hiiro I'm looking at you cough*)

Reality isn't what you make of it. It's not a matter of believing in statistics, it's a matter of statistics and study making matters more probabilistically certain. I can wholeheartedly believe there's an invisible elephant in my room, but that does not make it more true. Certainly you can't say I'm wrong either. To carelessly stick to assumptions on flimsy faith is to be irrational. We can make falsifiable assumptions and stances based on the degree of certainty of it being true.

That is where my understanding ends, as it is confuses me as to why someone could acknowledge their mistaken convictions but stick to it because of arrogance alone. Perhaps I'm mistaken, maybe it's not arrogance but a fondness to believe in one's reality to be completely stagnate?

Other people prefer to be somewhat irrational and believe wholeheartedly in a deity for their own contentment, and that is fine as it is often knowingly a belief and restless faith. It is only when it infringes upon others that it becomes an issue.

While I understand people wanting to believe in a deity, I do not understand why you would want to believe in your own bubble.


It isn't arrogance, nor is it being stubborn to not want to learn from others trial and error. People introduce what they have researched and studied to others, so can we not say that what they have gathered is a collective of assumptions based on trial and error ? In my mind the creative mind is exactly that, but simply creating our own assumptions through what we have experienced.

Sometimes when we look at facts we tend to scan over them countless of times so we can make sure that we memorize them, but isn't it much more rewarding if we can rewrite what we already know? This is not about constants, because they are absolute, this is about what we are beginning to understand, not what we have already figured out. We begin to believe that there is another answer to our problem; one that is our own.

I cannot say you are wrong, just as you cannot say I am wrong, but accept that I am an idiot, and a fool. That is the first thing you must accept. Just think for a minute, why? Why would someone admittedly call themselves an idiot? Maybe I would rather show others what it means to be independent, I guess it is just evil. I can't force people to live a certain way, but I can force them to live for themselves. What we follow, what we search for, that is entirely our own choice. Some people enjoy to study, some people enjoy to be studied; to follow, or to lead.

When we accept our own ideas we become powerful, so why should I roll over and begin to believe in another just because more than one accepts it as well. Wouldn't it be interesting to see if we can do the exact same thing? My ideas want to improve the quality of life, why would I study something you can't control? Instead we should embrace it with our own ideals
22653 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 5/27/16 , edited 5/27/16

Humms wrote:

It isn't arrogance, nor is it being stubborn to not want to learn from others trial and error. People introduce what they have researched and studied to others, so can we not say that what they have gathered is a collective of assumptions based on trial and error ? In my mind the creative mind is exactly that, but simply creating our own assumptions through what we have experienced.

Sometimes when we look at facts we tend to scan over them countless of times so we can make sure that we memorize them, but isn't it much more rewarding if we can rewrite what we already know? This is not about constants, because they are absolute, this is about what we are beginning to understand, not what we have already figured out. We begin to believe that there is another answer to our problem; one that is our own.

I cannot say you are wrong, just as you cannot say I am wrong, but accept that I am an idiot, and a fool. That is the first thing you must accept. Just think for a minute, why? Why would someone admittedly call themselves an idiot? Maybe I would rather show others what it means to be independent, I guess it is just evil. I can't force people to live a certain way, but I can force them to live for themselves. What we follow, what we search for, that is entirely our own choice. Some people enjoy to study, some people enjoy to be studied; to follow, or to lead.

When we accept our own ideas we become powerful, so why should I roll over and begin to believe in another just because more than one accepts it as well. Wouldn't it be interesting to see if we can do the exact same thing? My ideas want to improve the quality of life, why would I study something you can't control? Instead we should embrace it with our own ideals


So just to check I'm understanding you properly, you are saying not to just memorize, but to understand it on a level that you can implement it yourself? Paraphrasing versus copy + paste, essentially?



I would agree with you that one does not entirely understand what he reads until he can explain it in his own words. That does not mean to neglect evidence and study, however. They add evidence to one's own argument.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.