First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
Post Reply Hulu sucks now?
20695 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
38 / M / Kansas
Offline
Posted 5/28/16

AnimeATLA wrote:

Probably of interest:

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/answerman/2016-05-27/.102530

Thank you. That was most helpful in understanding the situation.
7506 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F / New Jersey USA
Offline
Posted 5/28/16
Don't used hulu because the quietly of subtitled sucks
14761 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 5/28/16 , edited 5/29/16

TheOriginalStraynge wrote:

Hulu has always sucked. At least on a company and customer service level. This just adds to the suckage. Ah well, they were on my boycott list anyway and will never get another penny from me but that really sucks for everyone like the mp who use Hulu for their main source for anime. Just one more reason why I'll continue to avoid them. Hopefully Amazon will continue to improve.


And hopefully the Cubs will win the pennant.
(If you want to know the current deathwatch state of subscription services, just browse through Amazon Prime's movie selection.)

Again, I use Hulu for what they advertise I should use it for--current and classic reruns--and if they just happen to have some Viz, it's gravy.
A little Amazon starvation will soon change most people's minds about "evil" Hulu, unless they're...stubborn fanboys who think commercial interruption is the Devil, and who hold grudges for years.
6200 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / H-Town
Offline
Posted 5/29/16
Hulu has always sucked!
19555 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / NYC Metro Area
Offline
Posted 5/29/16
Too many damn commercials to enjoy it anyway.
18232 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / F / Maryland
Offline
Posted 5/29/16 , edited 5/29/16
i don't think they suck completely. :P

i don't go there for anime or cartoons. you're just asking for suckage otherwise.

if you refuse to pay for cable tv like comcast, directv, or verizon fios: hulu is your answer for non anime/cartoon broadcast tv.

i get all my shows when i feel like, and these kind of shows ARE up to date. when it airs on broadcast, it airs on hulu. so, $11.99 monthly for mostly every damn network in the US vs. $59.99 - $$200.00 for cable tv? no brainer.

i don't have commercials, because I pay for them to stay away. (i'm not saying this to be a dick, its just the truth.)

85265 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Louisville, KY
Offline
Posted 5/29/16
I was watching Aria the Animation from Hulu and they removed it when I was in middle of the season with zero warning. I was ticked because there is no where to watch it now.
18232 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / F / Maryland
Offline
Posted 5/29/16

Khaltazar wrote:

I was watching Aria the Animation from Hulu and they removed it when I was in middle of the season with zero warning. I was ticked because there is no where to watch it now.


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3gg2GM-HGfE
Posted 5/29/16

creamsie1 wrote:

i don't think they suck completely. :P

i don't go there for anime or cartoons. you're just asking for suckage otherwise.

if you refuse to pay for cable tv like comcast, directv, or verizon fios: hulu is your answer for non anime/cartoon broadcast tv.

i get all my shows when i feel like, and these kind of shows ARE up to date. when it airs on broadcast, it airs on hulu. so, $11.99 monthly for mostly every damn network in the US vs. $59.99 - $$200.00 for cable tv? no brainer.

i don't have commercials, because I pay for them to stay away. (i'm not saying this to be a dick, its just the truth.)



No you are being a dick. I go there for anime. That the only reason I go there. That the same reason I cut cable TV. Could care less what else they got there. sarcastic voice.
18232 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / F / Maryland
Offline
Posted 5/29/16 , edited 5/29/16

KarenAraragi wrote:


creamsie1 wrote:

i don't think they suck completely. :P

i don't go there for anime or cartoons. you're just asking for suckage otherwise.

if you refuse to pay for cable tv like comcast, directv, or verizon fios: hulu is your answer for non anime/cartoon broadcast tv.

i get all my shows when i feel like, and these kind of shows ARE up to date. when it airs on broadcast, it airs on hulu. so, $11.99 monthly for mostly every damn network in the US vs. $59.99 - $$200.00 for cable tv? no brainer.

i don't have commercials, because I pay for them to stay away. (i'm not saying this to be a dick, its just the truth.)



No you are being a dick. I go there for anime. That the only reason I go there. That the same reason I cut cable TV. Could care less what else they got there. sarcastic voice.


no, i'm not being a dick, and i'm sorry that you feel i was being one.

but, you are seriously acting like a 5 year old.

i guess your pissed, that's fine. just take it somewhere else.

this a peaceful site, and i think you just threw a temper tantrum because I gave my honest opinion and valid points about hulu.

they've never been the greatest on streaming anime, even in it's glory years anime was on a leash.

you don't know me, you have no right to personally insult me from the comfort of your device.

take a breather somewhere.

congrats i guess, you sure ruined my chill mood , i'll just go watch another anime or something: no sarcasm here, just sad at what i think is your lack of maturity.
7134 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
38 / M / Kentucky
Offline
Posted 5/29/16
hmmm I had Hulu for one reason, One Punch Man. I kept it long enough to watch a couple anime I wasn't familiar with, likewise with a couple older korean shows. Love some korean drama, but I guess they all can't be as good as Coffee Prince, This is Our Love, It's Okay That's Love, and Cunning Single Lady. Come to think of it the only American show I watch now is Grimm.... *sigh*

I got Funimation, Crunchyroll, and Netflix. Thought about adding AsianFever or whatever, but they have way too many shows with serious male leads with big hair. One of my odd show turn offs.
85265 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Louisville, KY
Offline
Posted 5/29/16

creamsie1 wrote:


Khaltazar wrote:

I was watching Aria the Animation from Hulu and they removed it when I was in middle of the season with zero warning. I was ticked because there is no where to watch it now.


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3gg2GM-HGfE


Thank you! <3
Posted 5/29/16

blueshield wrote:

hmmm I had Hulu for one reason, One Punch Man. I kept it long enough to watch a couple anime I wasn't familiar with, likewise with a couple older korean shows. Love some korean drama, but I guess they all can't be as good as Coffee Prince, This is Our Love, It's Okay That's Love, and Cunning Single Lady. Come to think of it the only American show I watch now is Grimm.... *sigh*

I got Funimation, Crunchyroll, and Netflix. Thought about adding AsianFever or whatever, but they have way too many shows with serious male leads with big hair. One of my odd show turn offs. :)


Korean dramas you mean?
7134 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
38 / M / Kentucky
Offline
Posted 5/29/16
Well the shows and the drama they represent, otherwise I'd be talking about musical comedy, ala Bollywood
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.