First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next  Last
13 Reasons Why Donald Trump Will Make the Best President, Ever.
6885 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / life
Offline
Posted 5/29/16
why would he even..........I could honestly say I hate this man... I won't even say his name thats how much I hate him he is stuiped and lame. Plush I don't even think he would last long before he gets assassinated by some one who I would not made saying thank you to. I for see if he were to become our President I see us going to war....
Posted 5/29/16
6163 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / Off the map.
Offline
Posted 5/29/16

Rujikin wrote:


Jackalope82 wrote:

He also announced that he would stop the drought in California. He is short of a few millibars on that.


I'll build a new river from the Mississippi all the way to California and I'll make California pay for it!


Good thing Michigan is my home of residency.
9590 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Imoutoland!
Online
Posted 5/29/16 , edited 5/29/16
I don't really think Trump hates Mexicans anymore than Bernie Sanders really believes that there is no poor white, but I'm not sure. You got to look at it in context and whatnot.
Posted 5/29/16

ps4jstan wrote:

why would he even..........I could honestly say I hate this man... I won't even say his name thats how much I hate him he is stuiped and lame. Plush I don't even think he would last long before he gets assassinated by some one who I would not made saying thank you to. I for see if he were to become our President I see us going to war....


Hi what anime is that in your pic?
Posted 5/29/16

PeripheralVisionary wrote:

I don't really think Trump hates Mexicans anymore than Bernie Sanders really believes that there is no poor white, but I'm not sure. You got to look at it in context and whatnot.


Did he say that?
6885 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / life
Offline
Posted 5/29/16

KarenAraragi wrote:


ps4jstan wrote:

why would he even..........I could honestly say I hate this man... I won't even say his name thats how much I hate him he is stuiped and lame. Plush I don't even think he would last long before he gets assassinated by some one who I would not made saying thank you to. I for see if he were to become our President I see us going to war....


Hi what anime is that in your pic?


I'm not sure lol sorry
33510 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / U.S.A.
Offline
Posted 5/29/16 , edited 5/29/16
This article has transformed me into a Trump supporter.
16795 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Hoosierville
Offline
Posted 5/29/16

sundin13 wrote:


Rujikin wrote:


sundin13 wrote:


Rujikin wrote:
He hates the Illegal ones not the legal ones. I do too since you have to pay off drug lords or become an indentured servant to them for them to transport you to the US and if you don't go through them they blackmail you or kill you. Either way it encourages crime.


So in regards to the argument "Undocumented immigrants commit more violent crime than the native population", do you have evidence that supports that? Virtually everything I can find either says that undocumented immigrants are less likely than native populations to commit violent crimes or as a Center for Immigration Studies (Conservative, Anti-Immigration Research Organization) researcher said:

"There's no evidence that immigrants are either more or less likely to commit crimes than anyone else in the population"


"There's no evidence that immigrants are either more or less likely to commit crimes than anyone else in the population"
What about Illegal Immigrants?

Also that seems to be focused on violent crime not other types of crime:

Of the more than 2,200 people who received federal sentences for drug possession in fiscal year 2014, almost three-quarters of them were illegal immigrants, according to new data from the United States Sentencing Commission.

In 2013, illegal immigrants were responsible for 38.6 percent of all federal sentencing, and that dropped to 36.7 percent in 2014.

But the sentencing of illegal immigrants for drug possession jumped significantly. In 2013, 1,123 illegal immigrants were sentenced on convictions of simple possession, and made up 55.8 percent of those cases.

In 2014, 1,681 illegal aliens were sentenced, and they made up 74.1 percent of the total. Illegal immigrants were also 16.9 percent of all federal drug trafficking sentences.

Illegal immigrants were 20 percent of the kidnapping/hostage taking sentences in 2014, 12 percent of the murder sentences, and 19.4 percent of national-defense related sentences.

As expected, illegal immigrants made up vast majority of sentences for immigration-related crimes — 91.6 percent.

Overall, 27,505 illegal immigrants were sentenced in federal court in 2014, down from 30,144 the prior year.


Could I ask for a link to the source before I actually get into this? I want to actually make sure I'm arguing the right thing.


Heres the original source: http://www.ussc.gov/research/2015-sourcebook/archive/sourcebook-2014

Heres where I got that nicely worded quote from: http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/illegal-immigrants-responsible-for-almost-three-fourths-of-federal-drug-possession-sentences-in-2014/article/2567814
16795 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Hoosierville
Offline
Posted 5/29/16

KarenAraragi wrote:


PeripheralVisionary wrote:

I don't really think Trump hates Mexicans anymore than Bernie Sanders really believes that there is no poor white, but I'm not sure. You got to look at it in context and whatnot.


Did he say that?


He says he hates Illegal Immigrants. He's never said he has a problem with legal immigrants. The closest he has said to that would be he doesn't think we should allow large numbers of refugees from Syria without extensive background checks.
1807 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 5/29/16
The biggest problem is really the unemployment, which is around 40%. They list the rate at somewhere between 5-6% however this is only counting people who are unemployed and actively looking for a job.

The real number comes from the labor force participation rate which is about 62%, which means that just under 40% of the population is not working either because they discouraged, disabled, homeless, underage, overage, etc.


Basic concepts
The labor force participation rate is the percentage of the population that is either employed or unemployed (that is, either working or actively seeking work)
People with jobs are employed.
People who are jobless, looking for a job, and available for work are unemployed.
The labor force is made up of the employed and the unemployed.
People who are neither employed nor unemployed are not in the labor force.
See http://www.bls.gov/cps/cps_htgm.htm and http://www.bls.gov/cps/eetech_intro.pdf for more detailed technical information
http://www.bls.gov/bls/cps_fact_sheets/lfp_mock.htm
14779 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 5/29/16 , edited 5/29/16

Rujikin wrote:The closest he has said to that would be he doesn't think we should allow large numbers of refugees from Syria without extensive background checks.


Think that was when "Banning all Muslims from our shores" became "A system of close Syrian background checks", when he had to backpedal his rhetoric into Plausible for normal-candidate status?


Rujikin wrote:


Jackalope82 wrote:

He also announced that he would stop the drought in California. He is short of a few millibars on that.


I'll build a new river from the Mississippi all the way to California and I'll make California pay for it!


Actually, the Populist Conspiracy Fear-card he played with that one was to tell distressed California farmers that farming water was being rerouted because of leftwing environmental interests and "being dumped out to sea"--
So naturally, like Moses, he would Cure the Drought in California himself by cracking down on what the Bad People were doing.


Really? Water dumped out to sea? Someone should alert the EPA about that one.
13141 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Offline
Posted 5/29/16


Okay, the key issue with that source is that it is only looking at federal crimes. The vast majority of crime is handled at the state level. From the stats I can find, about 30,000,000 cases are handled per year at the state level, while about 1,000,000 are handled at the federal level (Source: http://litigation.findlaw.com/legal-system/federal-vs-state-courts-key-differences.html). Additionally, while again exact statistics aren't easy to come by, it does seem that crime related to illegal immigrants is more likely to be handled federally (Source: http://www.nap.edu/read/5779/chapter/10?chapselect=yo&Jump_to_Specified_Page_x=0&Jump_to_Specified_Page_y=0#p2000633a8960387001).

For a little snapshot at how representative this sample really is, in 2014, federal courts handled a grand total of 40 homicide cases. There is an estimated 14,000 homicides in the USA per year.

So using federal data represents an extremely small portion of overall crime and it is likely that immigrant crime is more likely to be handled federally, so comparisons using federal numbers aren't really representative when it comes to overall crime statistics.

I will say that I was specifically discussing violent crimes because I think that these are the crimes that most effect a community. I don't even really feel like drug possession should be considered a crime. It seems silly to say "we need to deport illegal immigrants because they smoke more weed than us". I mean, so do the people of Amsterdam and we aren't exactly afraid of them.
1807 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 5/29/16

Ejanss
Really? Water dumped out to sea? Someone should alert the EPA about that one.


Actually, this can be really bad for an ecosystem. For example, salt water treatment plants that use seawater to make fresh drinking water will pump out brine (concentrated salt water) back into the ocean. The salt concentration is too high for the ecosystem and winds up killing off the wildlife in the area.
Posted 5/29/16 , edited 5/29/16

ps4jstan wrote:


KarenAraragi wrote:


ps4jstan wrote:

why would he even..........I could honestly say I hate this man... I won't even say his name thats how much I hate him he is stuiped and lame. Plush I don't even think he would last long before he gets assassinated by some one who I would not made saying thank you to. I for see if he were to become our President I see us going to war....


Hi what anime is that in your pic?


I'm not sure lol sorry


First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.