First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  Next  Last
Post Reply Gorilla killed at zoo
20710 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Bundaberg, Queens...
Online
Posted 5/29/16
some people well alot in the news articles said they should of shot the child instead.

I'm fucking done with humanity...
4050 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Offline
Posted 5/29/16 , edited 5/29/16

macht_gut wrote:


I agree with you. The zoo keepers could have tranquilized the gorilla instead of killing him. Its the fault of the parents not keeping an eye on their children. It reminds me when they killed a baby bison because TOURISTS decided to put the calf in their car thinking that the calf was "freezing and dying".

Park Rangers Forced To Kill Baby Buffalo Placed In Car by Tourists - http://all-that-is-interesting.com/park-rangers-kill-baby-buffalo



No I don't think tanq would have worked. It's not like the cartoons where you just immediately pass out. most of them take time to affect them and that's time something could have happened to the child. Also if they just didn't have those prepared immediately on hand then getting them in time wasn't an option.

In any case I imagine after this the Zoo will either enforce harsher rules where parents MUST be with their kids at all times or be fined or kicked out OR they will change the railing for the enclosure so small children just can't get through.


Ryulightorb wrote:

some people well alot in the news articles said they should of shot the child instead.

I'm fucking done with humanity...


wow... I mean he's freaking 4! What 4 year old kid doesn't try to go places he's not supposed to?
20710 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Bundaberg, Queens...
Online
Posted 5/29/16

Metazoxan wrote:


macht_gut wrote:


I agree with you. The zoo keepers could have tranquilized the gorilla instead of killing him. Its the fault of the parents not keeping an eye on their children. It reminds me when they killed a baby bison because TOURISTS decided to put the calf in their car thinking that the calf was "freezing and dying".

Park Rangers Forced To Kill Baby Buffalo Placed In Car by Tourists - http://all-that-is-interesting.com/park-rangers-kill-baby-buffalo



No I don't think tanq would have worked. It's not like the cartoons where you just immediately pass out. most of them take time to affect them and that's time something could have happened to the child. Also if they just didn't have those prepared immediately on hand then getting them in time wasn't an option.

In any case I imagine after this the Zoo will either enforce harsher rules where parents MUST be with their kids at all times or be fined or kicked out OR they will change the railing for the enclosure so small children just can't get through.


Ryulightorb wrote:

some people well alot in the news articles said they should of shot the child instead.

I'm fucking done with humanity...


wow... I mean he's freaking 4! What 4 year old kid doesn't try to go places he's not supposed to?



Exactly which is why i was so shocked.

People are acting like killing the kid to save the gorrillas life was better then killing the gorilla.

either way it would be fked
9322 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / The Void
Online
Posted 5/29/16 , edited 5/30/16
I live, roughly, two hours away from the Zoo.

Have any of you ever seen what happens when an animal, apes especially, get shot with a tranquilizer? They go ballistic. The kid was being a kid, the parents were being irresponsible, the zoo staff did what they had to do, the animal had to die. It was probably a quick chain of events. Easily avoidable though.

The parents are at fault here. The staff was merely doing what they felt they had to. (Don't forget that such incidents cost them money)

Now for some edumuhcation, because learning is fun: In captivity, Gorillas suffer from many heart conditions and higher rates of depression.
48434 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
104 / M
Offline
Posted 5/30/16
ya i just love animals and i am bias.
37140 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 5/30/16 , edited 5/30/16
It's sad the gorilla was killed and obviously the kid should have been looked after better.

Saying anything more is dumb vitriolic bullshit. "horrible parents!", "take away their kid!", "throw them in jail!", "shoot the parents!". Blah blah blah. People really love to be outraged. Contain yourselves ffs.
11505 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 5/30/16
The best part of the article was the guy who wanted to "be one with the tiger "
11505 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 5/30/16

Ryulightorb wrote:


Metazoxan wrote:


macht_gut wrote:


I agree with you. The zoo keepers could have tranquilized the gorilla instead of killing him. Its the fault of the parents not keeping an eye on their children. It reminds me when they killed a baby bison because TOURISTS decided to put the calf in their car thinking that the calf was "freezing and dying".

Park Rangers Forced To Kill Baby Buffalo Placed In Car by Tourists - http://all-that-is-interesting.com/park-rangers-kill-baby-buffalo



No I don't think tanq would have worked. It's not like the cartoons where you just immediately pass out. most of them take time to affect them and that's time something could have happened to the child. Also if they just didn't have those prepared immediately on hand then getting them in time wasn't an option.

In any case I imagine after this the Zoo will either enforce harsher rules where parents MUST be with their kids at all times or be fined or kicked out OR they will change the railing for the enclosure so small children just can't get through.


Ryulightorb wrote:

some people well alot in the news articles said they should of shot the child instead.

I'm fucking done with humanity...


wow... I mean he's freaking 4! What 4 year old kid doesn't try to go places he's not supposed to?



Exactly which is why i was so shocked.

People are acting like killing the kid to save the gorrillas life was better then killing the gorilla.

either way it would be fked


it's okay. .. some people love animals more than humans and it's because of people like Hitler and sjw

33924 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Florida
Offline
Posted 5/30/16
Poor gorilla. Everybody loves gorillas.


Except me. I'm team Onodera.
91513 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Finland, city of...
Offline
Posted 5/30/16
these kinds of happenings make me sad.
24913 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / England
Offline
Posted 5/30/16
He's a four year old and maybe the parents got caught up in something in the mass confusion and crowd. They should have never let go of their child's hand but I wasn't there to say they were neglecting him either. It's easy to make mistakes. It's unfortunate this one ended with the death of an intelligent animal. I'm also bit appalled the zoo had no available tranquillisers.
2096 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
16 / F
Offline
Posted 5/30/16 , edited 5/30/16
Couldn't they just... tranquilize and wait.

Those parents are stupid and were clearly not paying attention to their kid. I mean seriously how long were they not watching him for him to just fall in?!

165 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
16 / M
Offline
Posted 5/30/16
R.ip gorilla
165 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
16 / M
Offline
Posted 5/30/16
33345 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Socal
Online
Posted 5/30/16

anikevin wrote:

Poor gorilla. Everybody loves gorillas.


Except me. I'm team Onodera.


Team Onodera all the way

also I give zero fucks about a gorilla, save the kid, people are still more valuable.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.