First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
Post Reply Favourite annual holiday? Why?
2652 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F / England
Offline
Posted 5/30/16

LubbockNR wrote:


DazaiShinju wrote:

HALLOWEEEEEEN.

I use it as an excuse to kinda Cosplay (something I've always wanted to do) if there's a party, and the acting work around Halloween is great fun. What's not to like?
I also just generally like autumn, so there's that too!

I'm not a fan of Christmas...


Mexico's halloween: "Dia de muertos" or "day of the dead" I love it, the tradition and respect for that holiday is awsome


I have ALWAYS been fascinated by Die de los muertos!!! Good shout.

11291 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
13 / F / California
Offline
Posted 5/30/16
4th of July.

Blowing shit up never gets old..

Posted 5/30/16
Christmas. The time off is nice.
7239 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / California
Offline
Posted 5/30/16
Christmas. I'm a Christian so it's obvious why, Christmas is the birth of Jesus Christ. Another reason is Christmas is the time of year when I fly home and spend time with my parents, brothers, and all my family all the way til New Year. Second favorite holiday is Thanksgiving, it's a week long holiday for me where I visit my family back home.
681 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19
Offline
Posted 5/30/16
Halloween because my family doesn't have to feed the rest of the family for that holiday.
1123 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M / Wales - That coun...
Offline
Posted 5/31/16
I like my birthday, my family go out for food together and it's a nice feeling. I don't really care about the presents though.
221 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17
Offline
Posted 5/31/16
Halloween. It's the only day where you don't have to be yourself.
Posted 5/31/16
Lunar New Year.

I get money and food.
33234 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
39 / Inside your compu...
Offline
Posted 5/31/16
Chinese New Year

because atheists haven't found some reason to trash it yet
10291 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Abyss
Offline
Posted 5/31/16 , edited 5/31/16

nanikore2 wrote:

Chinese New Year

because atheists haven't found some reason to trash it yet


Probably because religion and politics shouldn't mix *cough* putting a nativity scene outside of a federal building *cough*

Onto the OP's question...

Walpurgisnacht is fun in Germany, followed my May Day for me. Tanz in den Mai!

http://www.timeanddate.com/holidays/germany/may-day



Walpurgisnacht as Heidelberg, where my father went to High School and had his prom in a castle



A simple Maypole being strung up.

33234 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
39 / Inside your compu...
Offline
Posted 5/31/16

Dark_Alma wrote:


nanikore2 wrote:

Chinese New Year

because atheists haven't found some reason to trash it yet


Probably because religion and politics shouldn't mix *cough* putting a nativity scene outside of a federal building *cough*



Chinese New Year still does, in China
Posted 5/31/16

10291 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Abyss
Offline
Posted 5/31/16

nanikore2 wrote:


Dark_Alma wrote:


nanikore2 wrote:

Chinese New Year

because atheists haven't found some reason to trash it yet


Probably because religion and politics shouldn't mix *cough* putting a nativity scene outside of a federal building *cough*



Chinese New Year still does, in China


Chinese New Year still does, in China
19415 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
38 / M / Maniwa Japan
Offline
Posted 5/31/16
Thanksgiving.

Family comes together. I get to cook. I love to cook. And turkey is one of my favorite things to cook.

Plus leftovers for days.






A close second would be Halloween just because I love seeing all the kids in their costumes and horror movies.
Posted 5/31/16

DazaiShinju wrote:


I have ALWAYS been fascinated by Die de los muertos!!! Good shout.



It's a beautiful holiday.
Even though my family lives in the states it is still one of our most important holidays.
I'm the one responsible for constructing the altar that is set up for the festivities
First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.